Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Anyone watching Trump's speech?

Tells...no.

Does.....yes.

If he doesnt...ill blast him. But good lord...lets give him more than a few weeks. Amazing how a junior senator was given a long leash being inexperienced..

Trump needs to have everything fixed in a month.

Heck, I will give him 4 years. However, when he lies, I will call him out on it just like I would any other President.

As far as Trump is concerned, if he doesn't tell you what is happening, then it is a media lie. As such, people are really unclear as to what is being "done".

• Like 1

admit it. The reason the conservatives are so quiet is because even they have nothing to say that will defend Trump at this point. And nobody likes to hear I told you so. So you guys are staying away with your tail tucked between your legs

No, most of us work.

Add to that we know he won already and do not need to bother wasting time trying to convince anyone of anything.

Heck, I will give him 4 years. However, when he lies, I will call him out on it just like I would any other President.

As far as Trump is concerned, if he doesn't tell you what is happening, then it is a media lie. As such, people are really unclear as to what is being "done".

And thats fine.

I listen to him for entertainment...but you can still see the EOs he signs, and news on policies hes working on.

yeah, I remember all those threads and posts of yours about Obummer's lies! Right next to Sho 'Nuff's!!!

:lol:

So bickering aside - what's the actual deal with this coal mining bill reversal... I know it will put people back to work, but are there not legit reasons to be worried for the people using that water? :unsure:

He kicked I ass...and yeah...who needs clean water. No worries.

Focking morons cheering the idiocy

celebrating being able to dump crap into the water isn't a good thing.

Dumbass

Yeah, that's the motive.

I get there are often unintended consequences to actions too.

So bickering aside - what's the actual deal with this coal mining bill reversal... I know it will put people back to work, but are there not legit reasons to be worried for the people using that water? :unsure:

Some articles about the coal industry:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/21/business/dealbook/as-coals-future-grows-murkier-banks-pull-financing.html

http://ieefa.org/little-coal-industry-relief-seen-reversal-stream-protection-rule/

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/602853/trumps-empty-promise-to-coal-country/

Obama's regulations aren't the sole cause, or even the primary cause, of coal's depreciation as a job creator. The simple fact of the matter is: There are cheaper alternatives, including (but not limited to) fracking.

Find one source from a reputable person in the energy sector that sees coal as a competitive force in cheap energy. They don't exist.

So...Trump will net what...a couple hundred jobs in a fleeting industry at the expense of further degrading the environment. That's not a win in my eyes

yeah, I remember all those threads and posts of yours about Obummer's lies! Right next to Sho 'Nuff's!!!

I don't start political threads. You have me confused with someone else.

Ummm....nope.

I care about lower taxes, bringing jobs, building up our military, reduce spending, booting illegals, reducing regulations.

The rest is just for you to chase your tail. And fock knows you will chase your tail...holy shiit will you ever.

Lower taxes are fine...if they don't explode the debt...because there is nothing in Trump's plans about reducing spending (only increasing it).

And building up the military and reducing spending?

And I don't think expecting the president to be honest...to not try and undermine the checks and balances of the media, Intel Community and Judiciary is a small thing.

He literally is setting up to be able to be the one to tell you everything and everything else is false. Hell, most of you seem to already believe that. And you don't even see how much you have been conned by that or how stupid and dangerous that is.

And do you care about actually bringing jobs...or him claiming that is what is happening?

No, most of us work.

Add to that we know he won already and do not need to bother wasting time trying to convince anyone of anything.

But he's a bumbling idiot who has had the worst first month as president in US history. Hth

MAGA.

Got more done in a month than Obama had his entire term.

http://fox6now.com/2017/02/17/president-trump-weighs-mobilizing-national-guard-for-immigration-roundups/

There is literally zero way to even claim that (other than the crap he has gotten done as far as leaks, signature piece of work stopped in court, and having his NSA quit/fired)

Of course there are reasons...but it makes his jobs numbers look good and you don't win re-election or fire up the rubes by talking about clean water.

Yeah, that's the motive.

I get there are often unintended consequences to actions too.

Its not unintended...it reversed regulations that made dumping the stuff illegal.

WTF else is there?

Lower taxes are fine...if they don't explode the debt...because there is nothing in Trump's plans about reducing spending (only increasing it).

And building up the military and reducing spending?

And I don't think expecting the president to be honest...to not try and undermine the checks and balances of the media, Intel Community and Judiciary is a small thing.

He literally is setting up to be able to be the one to tell you everything and everything else is false. Hell, most of you seem to already believe that. And you don't even see how much you have been conned by that or how stupid and dangerous that is.

And do you care about actually bringing jobs...or him claiming that is what is happening?

Yeah i want him to follow through on what he said. If he doesnt...ill rip him for it. Some things wont entirely be in his control...bc as we saw with Bam..its really hard to get things done.

But hes not really in position to be crazy AND also not follow thru on promises.

At first I was convinced he could do alright if he could do alright if he surrounded himself with the right people, only person that I recall that got approved for his cabinet without a hitch: the wrestling lady.. just let that sink in for a second, the least controversial person is one that pretended to be comatose in a ring and let her husband make out with chicks in front of her for a wrestling bit.

Lol

Yeah i want him to follow through on what he said. If he doesnt...ill rip him for it. Some things wont entirely be in his control...bc as we saw with Bam..its really hard to get things done.

But hes not really in position to be crazy AND also not follow thru on promises.

But part of my point is what you want done...does not work well with each other (Cutting Spending and Building up the Military more). It also increases even more debt (which conservatives seem to only care about when a Democrat is in office...its one of my biggest complaints with Obama...as I don't like it no matter who is in office).

But he's a bumbling idiot who has had the worst first month as president in US history. Hth IMO

Fixed.

... and what? You cant do anything about it for the next four years except sit around complaining about it. Your comment was that conservatives are not defending him on the board. I have one of the most flexible schedules of anyone and I do not even have have time to sit around and defend him unnecessarily..

Tilt

But isn't it a bit odd....scary....inappropriate....for the Executive Branch to be at all aware of what is being said by whom? That's not the job of the Executive Branch. Shouldn't it be totally consumed with the job of governing....which is the only job the American People elected it to do?

Kinda like....if you like your health care plan, you can keep it? I remember that being said to allay the fears associated with Obamacare. Brilliant.

So Obama adds things to his speeches because of what Rush and FNC and Breitbart are saying to help sway the opinions of that audience? Seems to be working.

How about this.....how about if you run for President you accept the fact that you're gonna piss a lot of people off and you keep your focus on the job at hand rather than worrying about perception. People who try to control perceptions are focking tyrants.

I'm not assigning blame to Obama or saying this is specific to this Administration. You said all Presidents make references in their speeches to counter the media coverage. I simply used Obama as an example. He did use things in his speeches to try and sway public opinion. They were blatant lies.

And I don't see the logic in trying to sway an audience that will never be swayed. Who cares what Rush and O'Reilly are saying about you. The people who listen to them have a fixed view of you anyway. They will never be persuaded by anything you say....no matter how much you lie. Total waste of time.

Again, to be at all concerned with how you're being covered is just bad governance in my opinion. I don't care if every President has gone down the same road. You don't lead based on controversy. You lead from conviction.

Not sure what I was whining about in this thread. Whatever. But I seemed to be against Obama being so concerned with how the media portrayed him. Kinda like Trump.

Anyway, do I get taken seriously when I critique Trump cuz I seemed to offer the same criticism of Obummer?

#Trumpisfuckingcrazy

• Like 1

And Shepard Smith speaks out...and they call for his job.

And what he said was right on the damn money.

Sad

Not sure what I was whining about in this thread. Whatever. But I seemed to be against Obama being so concerned with how the media portrayed him. Kinda like Trump.

Anyway, do I get taken seriously when I critique Trump cuz I seemed to offer the same criticism of Obummer?

#Trumpisfuckingcrazy

It won't matter...my point has always been...who cares that Im the one bringing it up vs. you or someone else.

If the point of what Im saying is true and has merit...it has merit no matter what they claim I said and thought of obama.

Yeah, The coal thing is seriously overblown. It may sound like two different things But give me a minute. Natural gas in America Is incredibly plentiful and we literally cant give the s*** away here in the states. We have to ship all of it up to Canada Where they have government-imposed mandates to use the stuff. Gas-fired plants are much easier cleaner and more reliable To run then some 80 year old coal-fired monstrosity.In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised to find That we exported most of our coal. But now, even China Is phasing that s*** out. The larger point is, We are or could be a net energy exporter These days. And Coal is at the bottom of the list of Efficient Energy resources given The amount of capital involved in harvesting it.

It may have been More popular and expedient to blame The big bad government, But the reality is, The guys who own Coal mines know that is just way too capital-intensive To be a viable business model In the long run.I guess Trump's next move is going to Be bringing back the much-maligned asbestos industry.

cyclone...you want reduced spending and said you will call him out. Here is your chance.

Wrong link...sorry...

here you go.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trump-familys-elaborate-lifestyle-a-logistical-nightmare--at-taxpayer-expense/2017/02/16/763cce8e-f2ce-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?utm_term=.dfc9b6cddd40

3 straight weeks in Florida...Wife and Son living in NYC...and the cost and pressure on the Secret Service and some communities is building.

And a month into his term...he is holding an actual campaign rally.

Yeah, The coal thing is seriously overblown. It may sound like two different things But give me a minute. Natural gas in America Is incredibly plentiful and we literally cant give the s*** away here in the states. We have to ship all of it up to Canada Where they have government-imposed mandates to use the stuff. Gas-fired plants are much easier cleaner and more reliable To run then some 80 year old coal-fired monstrosity.In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised to find That we exported most of our coal. But now, even China Is phasing that s*** out. The larger point is, We are or could be a net energy exporter These days. And Coal is at the bottom of the list of Efficient Energy resources given The amount of capital involved in harvesting it.

It may have been More popular and expedient to blame The big bad government, But the reality is, The guys who own Coal mines know that is just way too capital-intensive To be a viable business model In the long run.I guess Trump's next move is going to Be bringing back the much-maligned asbestos industry.

:thumbsup:

This is basically federal welfare. It's not cost effective. It's dirty and inefficient. Nobody uses it. Dumb dumb dumb.

:thumbsup:

This is basically federal welfare. It's not cost effective. It's dirty and inefficient. Nobody uses it. Dumb dumb dumb.

Worked so well with corn right?

:thumbsup: Started to write a similar post yesterday but had "Meh, fock it." moment.

We sell product to coal mines so my boss is a big "Save Coal!" guy. When Trump came along he thought we had our savior because we he's going to get rid of all those pesky regulations that are holding coal back. Then last week he went to a meeting with some power company execs and pretty much the whole message was "Coal is dead. Natural gas killed it." It was a pretty rough wake-up call.

Trump keeps getting his ass handed to him and the Righties keep declaring victory.. It's almost like a scene out of a Monty Python movie - the Knight with no arms or legs declaring the battle a draw.

Did Trump announce when he's going to put and end to all these countries blatantly defying sanctions and treaties - or is he ok calling Wolf?

Maybe if you spent a little less time on the golf course and a little more time constructing his wall for us....

While I certainly can understand and appreciate Cyclops' post, I find it a bit disingenuous for a couple of reasons:

1) The logic falls apart when we all are more than giddy to rip on some half-witted, spoiled, poorly raised moron WR acts like a jackass, yet we hold our POTUS to a much LOWER standard? Wow. We even demand apologies from Hollyweird Starlets and Pop Stars every time they lick a donut (really or misspeak in ANY way), but Trump tells a flat out lie - and it's like "Meh, doesn't fix my taxes..."

2) I have no doubt that there are many uneducated people who are just struggling to pay the bills who don't have the time, will, or capacity to participate in such conversations. And literally, God Bless 'Em. But, if you're going to chime in on pretty much each and every political thread - that really doesn't cut it. It's a cop out. A corollary to that would be when one was more than happy to bash Obummer, but now suddenly, it's "Meh, look at these guys going TILT!"

Honestly, I'd respect a guy saying (essentially) what Cyclops said and concluding it with "....and for that reason, I'm really not going to participate in any of these political threads." (and mean it) I know we have quite a few of these guys in our populace -I'v dranken of the mead with some of them.

In short:

"Obama (HRC) Horrible! Did you read about Bengazi, Pedo-Pizza! etc. etc. etc. (for the past 8 years)"

Trump does/says something stupid/wrong/weird: "Meh, doesn't impact me - look at these guys TILTING!"

... Is an intellectually lazy, disingenuous cop-out. If you (in general) really mean it, STFuP and GTFO. Start threads about shiit you DO want to talk about if you seriously mean you couldn't give a shiit.

While I certainly can understand and appreciate Cyclops' post, I find it a bit disingenuous for a couple of reasons:

1) The logic falls apart when we all are more than giddy to rip on some half-witted, spoiled, poorly raised moron WR acts like a jackass, yet we hold our POTUS to a much LOWER standard? Wow. We even demand apologies from Hollyweird Starlets and Pop Stars every time they lick a donut (really or misspeak in ANY way), but Trump tells a flat out lie - and it's like "Meh, doesn't fix my taxes..."

2) I have no doubt that there are many uneducated people who are just struggling to pay the bills who don't have the time, will, or capacity to participate in such conversations. And literally, God Bless 'Em. But, if you're going to chime in on pretty much each and every political thread - that really doesn't cut it. It's a cop out. A corollary to that would be when one was more than happy to bash Obummer, but now suddenly, it's "Meh, look at these guys going TILT!"

Honestly, I'd respect a guy saying (essentially) what Cyclops said and concluding it with "....and for that reason, I'm really not going to participate in any of these political threads." (and mean it) I know we have quite a few of these guys in our populace -I'v dranken of the mead with some of them.

In short:

"Obama (HRC) Horrible! Did you read about Bengazi, Pedo-Pizza! etc. etc. etc. (for the past 8 years)"

Trump does/says something stupid/wrong/weird: "Meh, doesn't impact me - look at these guys TILTING!"

... Is an intellectually lazy, disingenuous cop-out. If you (in general) really mean it, STFuP and GTFO. Start threads about shiit you DO want to talk about if you seriously mean you couldn't give a shiit.

Wake me up when a thread gets started rationally discussing a POLICY. We can go over its pros and cons, feasibility, drawbacks, possible problems intended or not.

Thats not what happens here.

We just get daily whining over petty crap none of you cared about 6 months ago. But then wonder why board Republicans dont engage with you and "Why arent you guys calling him out?!!" Thus why i said earlier you guys had like 10 straight posts of the same crying and handwringing.

Youre going to hate Trump no matter what.....so go ahead...just dont act like youre intellectually breaking some barrier because we're laughing and goading you to go on tilts in threads.

When you want to discuss a policy thats not a cry in...lemme know.

Wake me up when a thread gets started rationally discussing a POLICY. We can go over its pros and cons, feasibility, drawbacks, possible problems intended or not.

Thats not what happens here.

We just get daily whining over petty crap none of you cared about 6 months ago. But then wonder why board Republicans dont engage with you and "Why arent you guys calling him out?!!" Thus why i said earlier you guys had like 10 straight posts of the same crying and handwringing.

Youre going to hate Trump no matter what.....so go ahead...just dont act like youre intellectually breaking some barrier because we're laughing and goading you to go on tilts in threads.

When you want to discuss a policy thats not a cry in...lemme know.

Because you all have been rationally discussing policy for 8 years with Obama and HRC? Bullshit.

And yes...beyond policy his lies and attempts at setting himself up as the only authoritative source of information is an important thing to discuss.

6 months ago our president wasn't acting anywhere near this. This is new...what about that don't you get?

Do you think his spending thus far on trips to Florida plus the first lady being housed in NYC goes along with your stance that you want him to cut spending?

Because you all have been rationally discussing policy for 8 years with Obama and HRC? Bullshit.

And yes...beyond policy his lies and attempts at setting himself up as the only authoritative source of information is an important thing to discuss.

6 months ago our president wasn't acting anywhere near this. This is new...what about that don't you get?

Do you think his spending thus far on trips to Florida plus the first lady being housed in NYC goes along with your stance that you want him to cut spending?

Im not crazy about it..but his family dynamic is much different than Bams. She should be living in DC...I haven't looked to see if thats going to happen or no. She strikes me as a mom, not a political figure that michelle was (and michelle was great).

So not crazy about it...but honestly more focused on program and policy spending.

Im not crazy about it..but his family dynamic is much different than Bams. She should be living in DC...I haven't looked to see if thats going to happen or no. She strikes me as a mom, not a political figure that michelle was (and michelle was great).

So not crazy about it...but honestly more focused on program and policy spending.

I agree...and I have not bashed her and think its cool she is doing that for her son. Though, I also am not sure she wants any part of Washington at all. Will be interesting if it lasts more than this year.

As for program and policy spending...yeah, much bigger dollars there. But if he wants to look like he is for cutting things...jetting down to FL every focking weekend needs to stop (it needs to anyway...its costing us and lining his own business with more money...a business he has not divested himself of in any way as of yet)