Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

Listening to the pre-game on the radio yesterday.......the guys kept teasing to stay tuned, they were going to discuss possible Rangers All Stars.

Rangers All Stars - :lol: :doh: :lol: :nono: :lol:

Rumor has it that the Yankees are making a play for Snell. Doesn't make sense for the Rays. Perhaps Archer.

Staying up to watch these west coast games is killing me. Especially when they go to extra innings and the Cubs lose anyway.

Rumor has it that the Yankees are making a play for Snell. Doesn't make sense for the Rays. Perhaps Archer.

Selling the farm to keep up with the joneses. he will melt under the bright lights

Selling the farm to keep up with the joneses. he will melt under the bright lights

I don't want to give up the farm, but this kid puts them over the top. 2 aces and Tenaka. Hard to beat.

I don't want to give up the farm, but this kid puts them over the top. 2 aces and Tenaka. Hard to beat.

They should already be hard to beat. The AL is so pathetic this year. Red Sox can't keep this up.

No particular order

NL MVP: Aguilar, Arenado, Freeman

AL MVP: Betts, Martinez, Trout

NL Cy Young: Lester, Nola, Scherzer

AL Cy Young: Sale, Severino, Snell

NL ROY: Anderson, Buehler, Soto

AL ROY: Andujar, Ohtani, Torres

NL Manager: Kapler, Riggleman, Snitker

AL Manager: Melvin, Servais

Mookie Betts has a 13 pitch AB against Happ with Happs 46th pitch of the inning getting jacked out of Fenway for a grand slam

ETA - all 5 of the Sox runs were unearned because of an overturned force at 2nd where the 2B came off the bag a fraction too early trying to turn a DP.

Mookie Betts has a 13 pitch AB against Happ with Happs 46th pitch of the inning getting jacked out of Fenway for a grand slam

ETA - all 5 of the Sox runs were unearned because of an overturned force at 2nd where the 2B came off the bag a fraction too early trying to turn a DP.

How about the dropped foul pop up during Mookie's at bat?

Happ gets out of that inning with 1 run allowed if Smoak catches that

Eck said "it's time to party" at least 3 times during that at bat and then twice after the home run

Wow, they overturned a play at second? I hate the phantom DP turn, but I thought that they were going to avoid doing those types of replays... Karma is a ...

Wow, they overturned a play at second? I hate the phantom DP turn, but I thought that they were going to avoid doing those types of replays... Karma is a ######...

It is silly, but it is the rule currently. Until they change it, teams are going to leverage it. I was actually surprised at how long it took to review because the camera angles were good in showing that he did not have the bag with the ball.

How about the dropped foul pop up during Mookie's at bat?

Happ gets out of that inning with 1 run allowed if Smoak catches that

Eck said "it's time to party" at least 3 times during that at bat and then twice after the home run

I was thinking the same thing when Smoak dropped it. That was a tough play, but probably should be made by a big-leaguer.

Brewers reliever Josh Hader remorseful for offensive tweets

WASHINGTON -- Josh Hader's All-Star experience went from bad to worse.

After a bumpy outing in his first All-Star appearance, the Milwaukee Brewers reliever suddenly found himself caught up in a Twitter firestorm. Late during Tuesday night's All-Star Game, some racist and anti-gay tweets that Hader sent when he was a teenager surfaced.

After the game, Hader apologized for his actions.

"You know, it was something that happened when I was 17 years old," he said. "As a child, I was immature, and I obviously said some things that were inexcusable. That doesn't reflect on who I am as a person today, and that's just what it is."

Hader said that his old messages do not reflect his current beliefs.

"Obviously, when you're a kid, you just tweet what's on your mind, and you know, that's what's on," he said

Screen grab of some of the tweets.

Not much to say about it, young and dumb just doesn't explain away everything. :(

Right now there are HS kids saying really stupid things. I don't care, and I reallly don't care about what some HS kid said in 2011.

Just starting to watch the AS game from last night. I like to FF through and see the scores.

Jose Abreu started for the AL :lol:

skipped ahead, saw 5 to 3 AL. boring. Delete

My first advice as an agent when a kid is about to get drafted/get famous would be to scrub their social media accounts. Not sure how they miss stuff like that, you know someone is going to look if you ever become remotely relevant.

I thank God every day that social media wasnt around when I was a kid.

I thank God every day that social media wasnt around when I was a kid.

and cell phones :thumbsup:

Steve Phillips

@StevePhillipsGM

Possible snag in Machado deal to Dodgers. Sources indicate that one or more of prospects coming to #Orioles have some issues in their physicals. Surprise surprise. May open door for other clubs. Stay tuned.

Biggest guy I've wanted Milwaukee to acquire since Sabathia, might still have a chance.

"Shohei Ohtani (elbow) has been cleared to begin a "throwing progression."

Ohtani was evaluated by Dr. Steve Yoon, who gave him the go-ahead to resume throwing. This comes six weeks after Ohtani received a platelet rich plasma injection to combat a UCL sprain in his right elbow. Ohtani appears to be ahead of schedule as it took teammate Garrett Richards 13 weeks to resume throwing following a similar procedure in 2016. It remains to be seen whether 23-year-old will be able to pitch again this season, but he seems to finally be trending in the right direction. In the meantime, Ohtani will continue to see at-bats as the Angels' DH.

Watching Mets for the first time in a few months, not sure what the problem is, this looks easy.

:)

Snell to the DL with shoulder fatigue...

Nice

Looking forward to catching some of the Diamondbacks/Cubs series

• Like 1

That is embarrassing... If Aaron Boone was smart, which I highly doubt, he should be benched for a while... Though his blistering .188 average should have him benched anyway...

That is embarrassing... If Aaron Boone was smart, which I highly doubt, he should be benched for a while... Though his blistering .188 average should have him benched anyway...

Beyond embarrassing. That is the tie run right there, if he just just jogs, instead of walks out of the box.

catchers are supposed to be the smartest guys on the field. How did he not know the 2nd baseman was playing SS :dunno:

They were killing Sanchez on the sports talk this morning

He needs to have a couple of seasons like Manny before he starts acting like Manny

They were killing Sanchez on the sports talk this morning

Well deserved.

He clearly has a piss poor attitude

Well deserved.

He clearly has a piss poor attitude

Should of benched him after the first inning and this never would have happened and a lesson might be learned ? Lackadaisical play behind and at the plate last night to start and end the game.

He needs to have a couple of seasons like Manny before he starts acting like Manny

you're better than that.

Comparing possibly the GOAT right handed hitter of all time to Sanchez.

:lol:

Gary Sanchez can't even sniff Manny's jock strap as he is so far behind him in...

:lol:

Gary Sanchez can't even sniff Manny's jock strap as he is so far behind him in...

Is he as close as you are to up my ass? Like I saI'd, he needs to hit like Manny if he wants to act like Manny. Try reading what I said fockstick.

you're better than that.

Comparing possibly the GOAT right handed hitter of all time to Sanchez.

He's nowhere near the GOAT. Not even in his era. Stop.

He's nowhere near the GOAT. Not even in his era. Stop.

OPS 2nd only to Bonds in the modern era. :dunno: You can certainly make the argument.