Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

Ghosts of RB past.... Is Montee Ball really worth 1-2?

I liked Ball as a late first rounder but now I like him better in the second. I don't typically think too much into schedules but he faces some pretty tough run D's until bout week 9. I may pass on him and try to get him in a cheap trade.

IND, KC, @SEA, BYE, AZ, @NYJ, SF, SD, @NE

I think Ball has as much potential / upside as a RB can have.

The only thing that has me worried is that he was supposed to be RB1 during drafts last year too. Then Moreno came out of nowhere and took over.

Any thoughts on him possibly losing his job to a RBBC situation?

He struggled in pass protection early last year like all rookie rbs....the broncos were geared to make a sb run and had a veteran who was more comfortable in Moreno...ball got more comfortable as the year went on and obviously Denver got more comfortable with him

Moreno didn't leave for ridiculous money...Denver could have kept him if they were worried...they made no effort to bring anyone else into the fold....it tells me they are pretty sold on balls ability to handle it....for it to become a rbbc he would have to play himself into the doghouse ....so it's up to you and how you feel about him

I keep hearing about "gambling" on Ball. In my opinion, he's one of the safer picks in the draft. A monkey could start in that offense and give you good production. And I'm not just talking about Manning, etc. That offensive line is damn good, too. I really like him at his ADP.

You may be right.

Linebackers cant really stack the box because Manning with pick them apart. So there is no doubt that opportunity will be there for him.

Most RB's that play with Manning put up very respectable numbers. I'd say 1000 yards on the ground is a pretty good bet unless something happens to cause Ball to lose his job. ie. injury, fumbling problems, or whatever.

I'd say as long as he is the starter, he is a good play.

oh, and to add to my last comment, Ball was a high draft choice, so management will give him every opportunity to start. They traded a guy who had a great season to make room for this kid. To me, this shows that management has a lot of confidence in what they are doing here. I cant see them benching him.

I hope everything with ball turns out great. I didn't want to spend a high draft pick on someone who hasn't proved anything yet so I'm glad he has been falling out of the first round. Ended up in round 3 in my 12 teamer where I snagged him

I took Ball in the 2nd round of a 12 team dynasty slow draft this week and I'm happy about it.

There's no doubt about it, he is the quintessential BOOM or BUST player. Since I got Forte in the first round, I decided that he (Forte) will (presumably) give me enough production that I could take this risk on Ball & still feel really good about it.