Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Who is the real Cuff for Glass Demarco

I always like to target handcuffs for fragile RBs in high octane offenses, is that mean idk or care, but this year I can't figure out who Demarcos cuff is. I feel like Randle has the most upside but they keep saying Dunbar is the 2nd string. Any homers out there really know?

What I have heard and read , is that Randle would take over if Murray went down ,but Dunbar would be the third down RB . Now that's what I have seen and heard about that issue.

Uhhggg he is not glass. His handcuff is Randle hands down, no question. Dumber will have the same role with who ever is in there.

last season, dunbar was designated as the change-of-pace back. IOW, he would not be the starter in the event of an injury to murray. nothing has really changed this season, especially with dunbar coming up injured in limited action last season.

the issue is linehan's influence, particularly his history with backs in DET. honestly, in the event that murray goes down, the likely outcome is a pure RB split with randle and dunbar--they will share time. if that is the case, then dunbar has the yardage and reception upside, while randle will likely get the GL work.

IOW, dunbar in PPR, randle in std.

no.... that's not true. as a matter a fact they love randle this year, have you seen him play lately ? He will take all the touches Murray would get, and Dunbar will have the same role. Randle catches the ball too. Dunbar is a Sproles, Woodhead type.

If Murray goes down....especially in a contract year, I would expect a solid RBBC split to analyze potential RB replacement moving forward, especially if Dallas falls out of playoff contention early...

Dallas will never consider Dunbar as a bell cow.... He has a role and it isn't and never will be a lead back. Why would they split carry's... sorry but that doesn't make sense. Unless they want to give Williams looks, but Randle has made his separation already. Not to mention Randle was Jerry's pick last year and he is very excited about him. Believe me I live in Dallas and listen to daily coverage of the team.

you can draft Dunbar late in PPR and get a good bye week guy... heck he might even put up Woodhead numbers

Listen I hear you and as a Dallas homer you probably have much more insight so appreciate the feedback. My thought however is that if the Dallas offense can't level out the porous defense or if Romo's back acts up and the season is over early ....that I wouldn't be completely confident that Randle would be the complete lead back for the balance of the season. Considering their salary cap issues I think resigning Murray is an issue....so I think there is a chance they could mix and match a bit to evaluate overall RB talent. Note I have Murray as a keeper so hoping beyond hope he retains his health and transitions into a top 5 RB...l

• Like 1

love Murray and he could be a top 5 back.... just trust me they are very happy with Randles development this off season. Night and day from last year. If you can go back and look at his 1st 2 preseason game you will see. Watch him this weekend. I just believe they think they have their man. Maybe Murrays replacement if they have to let him walk

no.... that's not true. as a matter a fact they love randle this year, have you seen him play lately ? He will take all the touches Murray would get, and Dunbar will have the same role. Randle catches the ball too. Dunbar is a Sproles, Woodhead type.

are you watching the same camp coverage that i'm watching? because so far, randle has been unable to separate from williams in the race for the 3rd RB. randle is the favorite due to draft status, special teams, and williams' history, but the fact that there is even a conversation over the position has to be troubling for him.

dunbar is a weapon. randle is a space-filler. because randle is not a serious offensive threat, if murray goes down, the touches will hew close to 50/50 between the two backups.

Randle will take over if D Murray gets hurt. Randle looks good this year in the preaseason game I saw.

Ok.... Do what you want, I know what I am talking about. There is a large unquestionable desperation between the two.

the issue is linehan's influence, particularly his history with backs in DET. honestly, in the event that murray goes down, the likely outcome is a pure RB split with randle and dunbar--they will share time. if that is the case, then dunbar has the yardage and reception upside, while randle will likely get the GL work.

Agree. :thumbsup:

love Murray and he could be a top 5 back.... just trust me they are very happy with Randles development this off season. Night and day from last year. If you can go back and look at his 1st 2 preseason game you will see. Watch him this weekend. I just believe they think they have their man. Maybe Murrays replacement if they have to let him walk

Yes and no... Yes I'm sure Randle has improved - hell, how could he not? But I think most of the credit is due to the offensive line. Those guys are going to be great - and they going to make even the average look great at times too.