VermilionTiger

Was just offered Jamaal Charles and Gates for Graham and Freeman

PPR League

My RBs are:

Stacey

Vereen

Ridley

Freeman

Other owner offered me Charles and Gates for Graham and Freeman. It'll put me at a huge bind at TE, but it's a very nice offer.

My WRs are:

Nelson

Harvin

Sanders

T Williams

Boldin

It'll move Vereen to either my flex or on my bench

What would you do?

Duh. Gates and freeman are a wash. Its charles for graham wich is like saying you traded up picks in the draft for nothing. So yes, get the top overall player in fantasy.

Tough call. Graham is a stud. Charles lost two offensive linemen and his division got much better on defense. He's also dealing with an injury. Graham appears healthy and they will lean on him even more with such a young group of WR's. Stills and Cooks aren't very big, so you have to think Graham is the only true redzone threat outside of Colston.... Freeman is a toss up. Some people love him, some think he's highly overrated. If it were me, I think I would keep Graham and Freeman. I don't see Charles doing what he did last season. Close, but not quite. Graham could be even better and you may have a PPR guy in Freeman who could get his shot later in the season when Jackson goes down. It could give you a fresh pair of legs come playoff time. It's such a close call that I think I would just stand pat, or see if you can get an upgrade from Gates.

This depends on your lineup though too.... Are you required to start two running backs? If so, a combo of Charles and Stacy would certainly give you a nice roster. If not, maybe keep what you have.

Duh. Gates and freeman are a wash. Its charles for graham wich is like saying you traded up picks in the draft for nothing. So yes, get the top overall player in fantasy.

Can't look at it like that. I'm upgrading basically from Vereen to Charles and downgrading from Graham to Gates

This depends on your lineup though too.... Are you required to start two running backs? If so, a combo of Charles and Stacy would certainly give you a nice roster. If not, maybe keep what you have.

2 RB/2 WR/ Flex

Can't look at it like that. I'm upgrading basically from Vereen to Charles and downgrading from Graham to Gates

You have a flex, you can start all 3. You can look at it like that. Like I said, take the other guys out of it. Hes offering you the 1st pick in the draft for the 5th-7th or whatever.

You have a flex, you can start all 3. You can look at it like that. Like I said, take the other guys out of it. Hes offering you the 1st pick in the draft for the 5th-7th or whatever.

Then that drops Sanders/ Terrance Williams out

So I'm upgrading from Terrance Williams/Sanders and downgrading from Graham to Gates

• Like 1

If things were trending up for charles (schedule...oline) like they were going into last year for Charles then I'd say do it....but I think they are trending down....it will be hard for grahame to duplicate last year TD wise anyway...but still.....I think gates is near the end and at any point this year ladarius could be ready to take over ...ladarius has the skill set to be a very good te

I would not make the trade myself . I like Graham that much , and Charles already hurt himself moving boxes lol.

• Like 1

J Charles... won a bunch of leagues last year remember that Oak game it was crazy. Jimmy was hurt all yr last yr and was limited in games I remember he only being put in on the goal line though got a TD... 16 TDs.

J Charles is too solid of a RB and you start 2 RBs... Charles is event a top ppr RB. As good as Jimmy was 16 TDs 1200 yds... its not far fetched to say J Charles has that rushing + 400 rec that is 6 TD head start and if he scores 10 TDs total very low projection he still tops him. Jimmy is great but not ahead of top 4 RBs.

He is having buyers remorse for dropping a box on foot... really this guy gets slammed by 300 lb DL you think a box going to hurt him lol. Jump, and thank fantasy gods he dropped a box on his shoes. You have a hole at TE so trade your RB depth to fill it.

I would say stick with Graham. As long as he doesn't have another ankle sprain like he has had the past 2 years he will be close to fantasy mvp. Your rbs are a little think however. I would try to trade freeman and ridley for someone like Christ johnson.

• Like 1

J Charles... won a bunch of leagues last year remember that Oak game it was crazy. Jimmy was hurt all yr last yr and was limited in games I remember he only being put in on the goal line though got a TD... 16 TDs.

J Charles is too solid of a RB and you start 2 RBs... Charles is event a top ppr RB. As good as Jimmy was 16 TDs 1200 yds... its not far fetched to say J Charles has that rushing + 400 rec that is 6 TD head start and if he scores 10 TDs total very low projection he still tops him. Jimmy is great but not ahead of top 4 RBs.

He is having buyers remorse for dropping a box on foot... really this guy gets slammed by 300 lb DL you think a box going to hurt him lol. Jump, and thank fantasy gods he dropped a box on his shoes. You have a hole at TE so trade your RB depth to fill it.

I understand what you are saying, but that was LAST season. Charles lost one of the best run blocking Guards in the league from his team as well as a top notch left tackle. That has to make a difference..... On top of that, he was healthy and had an easier schedule. The Raiders will still suck, but they have improved that defense tremendously compared to last season. The Chargers and Denver have both improved on defense as well, not to mention the rest of his schedule is a bit tougher. After signing him to an extension, you would hope to see the Chiefs not lean on him quite so much to extend his life for the length of the deal. I do love what Reid can do with a RB, but in this instance, the owner would be giving up the top TE in fantasy football along with a young back who "may" have an opportunity later in the season for a TE is well past his prime and will likely fade quickly after a nice start along with a RB coming off a very heavy workload...... Obviously you still have to take Charles as a top 3 RB off the board, but expecting the same numbers as last season, or another game like what he had against Oakland in the fantasy playoffs, is probably counting on too much.

All that said, the trade is sort of a wash. I don't think you lose anything in making the deal. I also don't think you gain anything. If that guy already has RB depth (we haven't seen his roster), this trade may benefit him too much and haunt you later on. Personally, I don't like to make a trade that will make the other team too strong, especially if the benefit to my own team is minimal.

Trade. Do it now before he reconsiders - then concentrate on another trade with someone who has two good TEs.