Sign in to follow this  
fatguylittlecoat

Speculative Play, Pick-Up Tre'Quan Smith... Saints WR

Ginn is out, never did light it up... yes, there are dominant play makers on Saints squad but if you're looking for someone who could potentially be a top 25 receiver by week 8 and either be great trade material or help you in bye weeks, I love this guy. I'd much rather have a guy like Tre'Quan on my team vs. a #2 receiver on an average or subaverage offense, i.e. Jags, Titans, Redskins, etc., only exception is Dede Westbrook. I don't see Cameron Meredith doing anything more than taking up space with eventually finding the bench. The local press raves about Tre'Quan. Getchya some.

• Like 1

Im interested but hes got one catch in 4 weeks. A bye next week. Ginn then healthy. And hes the clear number 2.

Im interested but hes got one catch in 4 weeks. A bye next week. Ginn then healthy. And hes the clear number 2.

Ā 

If Smith can pull a Ridley or something close, I think Ginn goes back to being just the deep threat with minimal targets. IF Smith is any good and Ginn can move into the slot, I think they'd have an insaneĀ® offense.

Gimme Meredith if anyone

Ā 

This^

Ā 

Actually hoping he stays relatively quite for one more week, then pick him up after the bye week. Just don't have the bench room for him right now, but think he could pay dividends down the stretch as he continues to become healthier. The talent is there.

• Like 1

if you have bench space and a little time, sure. I am not certain he is going to put up consistent numbers. he will rarely be better than a 3rd option (thomas, kamara/ingram are going to be first looks). it is then a scrapheap after that from ginn, merideth, and smith. if a defense makes a mistake, brees will make them pay and find the open target.... so these 3 wr's will have nice days.

Thanks fatguy, I just won the week because of your advice! You da man!

nicely done, hope my leaguemates arent watching this game...

I've had smith rostered since before the season started in my high stakes ppr league...I had him targeted as a last round guy but forgot about him at my draft...dropped someone the next day and grabbed him....this was probably the last week I was going to hold him too

Ā 

I made a post about him on another board before season started urging people to go nab him

Great call.

Ā 

And this prediction took place two days before the game was even seen on tv.

Ā 

Amazing.

Can you trust him enough to start him going forward?

Depends who your receivers are and league setup, we only start 2 WR's with a flex but I wouldn't have wanted to go against him last night. He should be good on spot plays, bye weeks hoping that he earns more trust and targets with Smith as the season unfolds. Like I said earlier, if you have or are looking at receivers such as Keelan Cole, Tawan Taylor, J. Crowder on bad offenses, I'd rather roll the dice with a guy like Tre'Quan on a high octane offense.

I'm glad I dropped Fitz for him. I actually picked him up and dropped him a few weeks ago, as he wasn't even being targeted.

Ā 

Now we have him and see what he could do when given the chance- I just have a feeling he may not get enough snaps. I hope I'm wrong since that will make having him on a roster really frustrating.

Still. 3 targets. They have so many options. 3 targets is not gonna work.

• Like 1

Definitely a great call FGLC, but I"m with Kent. He made the most of them, but only the 3 targets.

Ā 

Where Meredith actually tied for lead with targets with 5 (with Thomas), for line of 5recs/71yds including a long 40yder as well.

Ā 

I know he has a history of injury but if can stay healthy this is type of offense that you can get your career right.

Ā 

While others spending FAAB on Smith, Meredith may actually be a solid add.

Agree. Dynasty, he's definitely worth rostering.

i would agree...i see where you are coming from

Ā 

but the idea is that if he keeps making plays he will be hard to ignore...meredith is decent but hes just a guy......the more this kid makes plays the harder he is going to be to keep away....he has the speed of a young ginn mixed with the size(almost) of meredith....,,,he had a nice toe drag on the sidelines for one of his catches....the 62 yarder was a busted coverage but he still made it happen and got in the endzone...the last one he just flat out balled.......this kid has the chance to be something special i believe...its going to be hard to ignore that for the saints going forward if he keeps progressing......

I drafted him based on the word of this forum. Of course dropped him when I needed some room and now heā€™s gaining some value. There are always guys who break out 2nd half, just have to pluck them before they sprout.

I've had smith rostered since before the season started in my high stakes ppr league...I had him targeted as a last round guy but forgot about him at my draft...dropped someone the next day and grabbed him....this was probably the last week I was going to hold him too

I made a post about him on another board before season started urging people to go nab him

Great call. This is how you win against those who just roll with the stats. He was projected at only 2.2 pts going in and helped me come from behind & beat a team that had put up the highest score for the week. Sweet victory on MNF!
  • Like 1