Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Bye Bye Meals On Wheels

Part of the new budget plans on removing a majority of funding for the program

http://time.com/money/4703456/trump-budget-meals-on-wheels/

As someone with family members that use this service, I can safely say that removing it likely will speed up the date at which they die.

I'm sure this will be defended and justified somehow. I for one cannot understand any capacity for a program like this to be slashed. When coupled with the potential collapse of Medicare/Medicaid under the AHCA, we'll be seeing some major negative effects on the elderly.

America. The land where working class stiffs pay for billionaires to golf, but there's not enough money to go around for us to have food, health, science or the arts. MAGA.

• Like 1

Quite possibly the biggest intraparty blunder ever is going to be the Republican's trying to "fix" Obamacare. Leave it the fock alone until after mid terms. No matter what might have happened with Obamacare or what will happen with their fix, as a party they will now be blamed for everything.

I think this is idiocy.

If you have family members using meals on wheels, I guess you'll have to step up to the plate and take care of your loved ones.

"As it is, spending on nondefense discretionary programs is already historically low. As a share of the economy it's at its lowest level since 1998 and is well below where it was 50 years ago, according to data from the Congressional Budget Office."

If you have family members using meals on wheels, I guess you'll have to step up to the plate and take care of your loved ones.

Dumbest post on this board's history goes to you. Congrats

Dumbest post on this board's history goes to you. Congrats

It's weird how somebody can have such good taste in music, but be so utterly retarded. I guess we can thank the arts.

Just a quick Google, it looks like South Korea is paying for about 40% of our costs to be stationed in Korea. 866 Million. So we are paying, what, a Billion plus?

Tell SK they need to pay more and spend that money back here at home imo.

Just a quick Google, it looks like South Korea is paying for about 40% of our costs to be stationed in Korea. 866 Million. So we are paying, what, a Billion plus?

Tell SK they need to pay more and spend that money back here at home imo.

you really think the only reason we are stationed there is to protect them?

you really think the only reason we are stationed there is to protect them?

No, not at all, but I'm certain if the least bit threatened with us pulling out, SK would be ponying up some more dough.

• Like 1

America. The land where working class stiffs pay for billionaires to golf, but there's not enough money to go around for us to have food, health, science or the arts. MAGA.

Ever wonder why the debt is 20 trillion and climbing? All these programs are being paid for on credit. :dunno:

Now my grandfather will starve.

Just as well. he's 88 and need to stop sucking on the gubment teet.

GET A JOB OLD MAN! :mad:

Ever wonder why the debt is 20 trillion and climbing? All these programs are being paid for on credit. :dunno:

For sure. These programs are the problem. The programs that make up the smallest portion of discretionary spending. It's not the 600 billion a year (and growing) we spend on the Military. It's not the war mongering. It's the 40 mil we spend for Wheels on Meals. :facepalm:

• Like 1

The program is not going away. I won't call you guys liars, but you are. Giraldi being the main culprit.

Every thing I've seen so far smacks of Corporate Amurica;

Pinching Pennies and Pissin' away the Dollars.

For sure. These programs are the problem. The programs that make up the smallest portion of discretionary spending. It's not the 600 billion a year (and growing) we spend on the Military. It's not the war mongering. It's the 40 mil we spend for Wheels on Meals. :facepalm:

The military is the largest employer in the US, particularly the largest employer and health care provider of the young, uneducated and poor adults. To call military spending, "warmongering", is ridiculous.

• Like 1

The program is not going away. I won't call you guys liars, but you are.

It at minimum needs a new name.

Grub for chubs?

eats for deadbeats?

• Like 1

Ever wonder why the debt is 20 trillion and climbing? :dunno:

We have well intentioned programs we can't afford, and no one wants to look like the grinch

Weak. The reason no one will ever fock with us more than doing close deep sea fly by is because they know if push came to shove, they would get their a$$ handed to them.

• Like 1

Weak. The reason no one will ever fock with us more than doing close deep sea fly by is because they know if push came to shove, they would get their a$$ handed to them.

Nobody is saying we don't need a military. Is it too hard to grasp, that just possibly we don't need to spend 3x as much as the next closest country, to still be a powerhouse and have a little extra money to feed grandma? Maybe we spend just 2x as much?

Nobody is saying we don't need a military. Is it too hard to grasp, that just possibly we don't need to spend 3x as much as every other country, to still be a powerhouse and have a little extra money to feed grandma?

Maybe not 3x, but I am definitely fine with spending double what the second most country spends and no less. And how do we fund it? By cutting all these dumba$$ programs like Meals On Wheels.

The only thing the government should be funding is; military, police, VA, 1st-12th, public transit, and I am a righty that is opened to universal healthcare (I either want it fully privatized and let the doctors compete, or universal, no middle ground.. one or the other) Everything else is privatized and if you can't hang well it sucks to be you.

Also opened to keeping a welfare system, but if you are on welfare you must do 40 hours of community service a week (minimum) and you must be putting in a minimum of 5 applications a week until you no longer need welfare.

The military is the largest employer in the US, particularly the largest employer and health care provider of the young, uneducated and poor adults. To call military spending, "warmongering", is ridiculous.

Thank you...I HATE when people say "Look at the trazillion dollars we are spending on the war in Iraq" It's not like we fly over and drop $$ on the darn place. That spend creates jobs, which creates tax revenues and more jobs and so on. Sure, would it be good to spend $800 billion a year on meals on wheels, why not? But don't make it out like military spending means all that money is lost. Hate that.

Nobody is saying we don't need a military. Is it too hard to grasp, that just possibly we don't need to spend 3x as much as the next closest country, to still be a powerhouse and have a little extra money to feed grandma? Maybe we spend just 2x as much?

Is it equally as likely that the reason this country is not called the Islamic States of America is BECAUSE we spend 3X more than the next guy?

• Like 1

Is it equally as likely that the reason this country is not called the Islamic States of America is BECAUSE we spend 3X more than the next guy?

That's kind of chicken and egg. Had we not toppled the government in Iraq and funded short bearded crazies in Syria the Islamic State wouldn't exist.

The program is not going away. I won't call you guys liars, but you are. Giraldi being the main culprit.

I'm not calling you one either.. But I am asking, where and how will M-o-W be subsidized and saved then? I've no personal knowledge other than what this article states - which does say the entire CDBG program will be eliminated.

Maybe not 3x, but I am definitely fine with spending double what the second most country spends and no less. And how do we fund it? By cutting all these dumba$$ programs like Meals On Wheels.

The only thing the government should be funding is; military, police, VA, 1st-12th, public transit, and I am a righty that is opened to universal healthcare. Everything else is privatized and if you can't hang well it sucks to be you.

Also opened to keeping a welfare system, but if you are on welfare you must do 40 hours of community service a week (minimum) and you must be putting in a minimum of 5 applications a week until you no longer need welfare.

I'm doing just fine. That doesn't change my belief that we are stronger as a nation and morally centered, when we bear each others burdens. And it's fine that you don't feel the same way. We just have a different moral compass.

I'm not calling you one either.. But I am asking, where and how will M-o-W be subsidized and saved then? I've no personal knowledge other than what this article states - which does say the entire CDBG program will be eliminated.

Seek and ye shall find grasshopper.

I'm doing just fine. That doesn't change my belief that we are stronger as a nation and morally centered, when we bear each others burdens. And it's fine that you don't feel the same way. We just have a different moral compass.

So I should pay higher taxes for social programs I will never use, and the end result is it makes it harder for me to take care of my own family? What does your moral compass say about that?

Are my morals messed up because I could give two focks about a family I'll never meet when it makes it harder to take care of my own?

• Like 1

Seek and ye shall find grasshopper.

Code for: I have no idea, I was talking shiit and hoping nobody called me on it. :D

• Like 1

There it is, the libtard mantra. "I'm better than you". Even though all the crap that we do so I can feel superior is a failure.

So I should pay higher taxes for social programs I will never use, and the end result is it makes it harder for me to take care of my own family? What does your moral compass say about that?

Are my morals messed up because I could give two focks about a family I'll never meet when it makes it harder to take care of my own?

No. But your morals are definitely messed up for voting Donald Trump. :cheers:

Code for: I have no idea, I was talking shiit and hoping nobody called me on it. :D

Code for put meals on wheels in Google and read for yourself. You can start with your beloved snopes. Or better yet, just read the article posted. Nowhere does it say it's going away. And I thought Mexicans were industrious.

No. But your morals are definitely messed up for voting Donald Trump. :cheers:

Whatever you say buddy.

Every thing I've seen so far smacks of Corporate Amurica;

Pinching Pennies and Pissin' away the Dollars.

They elected a greedy billionaire. Is anyone really surprised that he is looking out for his fellow rich folks? Trump has never given a fock about anyone except himself.

Code for put meals on wheels in Google and read for yourself. You can start with your beloved snopes. Or better yet, just read the article posted. Nowhere does it say it's going away. And I thought Mexicans were industrious.

Ha, wow - now Trump has his worshipers pulling the same gag..... Throw out declarations, give the run-around when asked about specifics.. At least you didn't Tweet it - I'll give you that.

That's kind of chicken and egg. Had we not toppled the government in Iraq and funded short bearded crazies in Syria the Islamic State wouldn't exist.

Sorry...Didn't mean to be specific with it. It was more a general question.

Instead of that example..How about the Peoples Republic of the United States.....Better?

Or the Communist States of America. Or the Nazi States of America. Or whatever..