Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Is Carlos Hyde worth a hold?

I am sitting on him post trade to JAX and don't own Fournette.

On one hand he feels like a prime cuff to hold bc of Fournette.

On the other Burkhead is available and I'd like to stash him.

I'm torn. Probably belongs in A Little Help, but I think this is generally going to be a question a lot of people have in general.

I traded Fournette and then dropped Hyde for MSV. I have been disappointed in his play this year. I thought he would be playing for a better contract still. He has been on some awful teams though.

I want to see his usage with Fournette back, and Fournette makes it through a game uninjured. I am likely to drop Hyde as well though after this weekend.

I dropped him for Ito Smith, no one picked him up. I may pick him back up before kickoff but only worthwhile if u have room.

I dropped him for Ito Smith, no one picked him up. I may pick him back up before kickoff but only worthwhile if u have room.

My consideration is dropping him and stashing burkhead. I guess I'm kinda moving laterally tho with the availability down the road, which is why I haven't pressed the button yet.

I would hold him.

He's a free agent in a couple of my leagues....for good reason. Even if Fournette goes down again, that offense is horrible and Yeldon will bleed him dry.

I would also hold him.

you gotta give a player a couple weeks to get used to his new offense. mid season trades tend to be hard on the player stats for the first couple weeks with the new team.

I went ahead and grabbed Burkhead. I think even if Fournette goes down Yeldon is still a factor.

Burkhead and the pats RBs are always such a random wildcard, that his upside is too big down the playoff stretch not to hold. All it takes is Sony or White to get hurt (that's 2 chances of 2 injury prone players), and Burk is immediately an RB2 at worst. Also, the Pats have a tendency to switch their RB featured during stretches.

what would you do with Hyde in a dynasty or keeper?

I would definitely hold him in either format. It will be interesting based on his contract, to see what the Jags do with Fournette moving forward. The Jags made this move for a reason. I think immediate term it will be way better for them in actual football than for us in fantasy football. But beyond that, Hyde has a 3 year/30 mil contract. They obviously acquired him for a reason. Let it play out long term. That's my take on it at least.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken Yeldon is a FA this offseason and given Hyde's presence he's sure to walk, unless they cut ties with leonard.

I went ahead and grabbed Burkhead. I think even if Fournette goes down Yeldon is still a factor.

Burkhead and the pats RBs are always such a random wildcard, that his upside is too big down the playoff stretch not to hold. All it takes is Sony or White to get hurt (that's 2 chances of 2 injury prone players), and Burk is immediately an RB2 at worst. Also, the Pats have a tendency to switch their RB featured during stretches.

What if Burkhead gets hurt again, he isnt known as a player to stay healthy.

I mean of Fournette gets hurt again, and thats a possibility with a hammy injury, yeah you have two Rbs for one spot, but I think Hyde is the better player and would indeed receive the majority of the work load.

Now if White stays healthy and the Sony regains his form what do you have then. Mmm I think I would have kept Hyde.

Sorry not a judgement just a opinion, I know people get so sensitive about those.

What if Burkhead gets hurt again, he isnt known as a player to stay healthy.

I mean of Fournette gets hurt again, and thats a possibility with a hammy injury, yeah you have two Rbs for one spot, but I think Hyde is the better player and would indeed receive the majority of the work load.

Now if White stays healthy and the Sony regains his form what do you have then. Mmm I think I would have kept Hyde.

Sorry not a judgement just a opinion, I know people get so sensitive about those.

If people get sensitive over opinions on a message board then Id question why theyre here.

Thanks for your input. I agree and tbh i dropped burk for bmarsh once dez tore his Achilles in case he signs there

He will be irrelevant from now and for every team he plays for going forward

Just a guy

Just one game, I would still hold Hyde.

I think given the state of the Jags offense he's no longer worth the hold. I realize indy's d is improved especially vs the run, but Fournette was 24-53. If there's not a TD it's a useless day. Even if Fournette goes out again, I can't see Hyde being worth starting. I was in the same boat and held him this week to see what may happen, but I'm dropping him this week.

His highest possible upside is splitting time with Yeldon if the starter gets hurt again on a crappy offense. Nah.

His highest possible upside is splitting time with Yeldon if the starter gets hurt again on a crappy offense. Nah.

This.

Hyde is a hold in dynasty as I believe he'll be on a different team next year.

In redraft or leagues with only a few keeper slots he's to be dropped.