Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**OFFICIAL NCAA FOOTBALL**

Nice to see the Fighting Irish get the win. Shouid be a good season

Are you an Irish fan as well as a yankee fan? Thats extremely high on the doosh fan index. At least you dont go Cowboys for nfl.

Are you an Irish fan as well as a yankee fan? Thats extremely high on the doosh fan index. At least you dont go Cowboys for nfl.

He roots for the Astros, Eagles, Capitals and Warriors... List might be updated in October with the next champion...

I think that's Reality. IU basketball, ND football, Yankees and Cowboys. :lol:

I think that's Reality. IU basketball, ND football, Yankees and Cowboys. :lol:

IU BBall & ND Football, that's quite common in Indiana....

I don't root for those other teams.

IU BBall & ND Football, that's quite common in Indiana....

I don't root for those other teams.

I'm just focking with you. :cheers:. Yes it's common.

New Yorkers don't have a college football team to root for. So if you're Irish...

He roots for the Astros, Eagles, Capitals and Warriors... List might be updated in October with the next champion...

Another Posty fail. What a loser. Lol.

Just think, this is coming from the king of all losers...

You live in a holler in West Virginia. Lol.

You live in a holler in West Virginia. Lol.

I don't live in WV any more... Thanks for playing...

I don't live in WV any more... Thanks for playing...

You lived in a holler in West Virginia. Lol.

Appalachian State: The Sequel?

PSU survived. You'd have to be some chump team to lose to Appalachian State.

I had a friend stop by Friday night and looked to see what games were on, and saw that ND and Michigan were on in 4k :hifive:

I hope they broadcast more primetime college games in 4k this year :thumbsup:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24586082/florida-state-coach-willie-taggart-says-believes-virginia-tech-players-faked-injuries-slow-tempo

Florida State coach Willie Taggart said Wednesday he believes Virginia Tech intentionally faked injuries to slow down its tempo on Monday night.

On several different occasions after big plays, Virginia Tech defensive players were slow to get up. Florida State fans booed loudly each time it happened. Asked on the ACC coaches call whether he thought the injuries were intentional, Taggart said, "It happened too often so it's hard not to."

Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente said the heat and humidity in Florida had an effect on his players. The Seminoles lost 24-3 to the Hokies in the season-opener in Tallahassee.

"Going into the game we were severely concerned about our ability to handle the humidity and the weather, just coming from our climate," Fuente said. "We had some issues with it throughout the game. At halftime numerous guys getting IVs and getting treatment so they could finish out the game."

Asked whether his players deliberately faked injuries, Fuente said, "My answer is we had numerous issues with cramping and guys battling through bumps and bruises and nicks and things they were fighting through."

Teams that run up-tempo offenses have complained over the years about defenses faking injuries in order to slow them down. In fact, NC State coach Dave Doeren accused Florida State of the same thing in 2014, when Jimbo Fisher was the Seminoles' coach. Doeren later apologized.

"Well it is what it is, I guess it's part of football now," Taggart said. "That's all I can say."

This is a problem in all of football...

The Fighting Irish have Ball State this Saturday. Good chance to move up a spot if there's an upset ahead of them. Send a volley cheer on high!

I don't think so. Establish a minimum play clock other than the last xxx minutes of each half. Problem solved. :dunno:

Meh, catchers and infield players run out to the mound - to give the bullpen guy extra time to warm up.. No different.

Meh, catchers and infield players run out to the mound - to give the bullpen guy extra time to warm up.. No different.

Intentionally faking an injury to slow a fast paced/hurry up offense isn't the same as using a mound visit. No way no how.

Intentionally faking an injury to slow a fast paced/hurry up offense isn't the same as using a mound visit. No way no how.

They're both deceptive actions to garner an otherwise normal amount of time to allow their guy to gain an advantage... imo - they are.

They're both deceptive actions to garner an otherwise normal amount of time to allow their guy to gain an advantage... imo - they are.

Except that MLB has now limited the number of mound visits.

Except that MLB has now limited the number of mound visits.

True, but you still get 6... If you do it 1 time to let your guy warm up you do it 6.........and does that include infielders too?

True, but you still get 6... If you 1 time you do it 6.........and does that include infielders too?

I believe it does include infielders. Any trip to the mound beside a quick fix of a pitcher and catcher are "crossed up" on signs. Those take like 10 seconds, and are still at the discretion of the hp umpire.

Faking an injury is an abuse of the injury timeout.

True, but you still get 6... If you do it 1 time to let your guy warm up you do it 6.........and does that include infielders too?

That counts for all players. It has seemed to help in games that I have watched.

I don't think so. Establish a minimum play clock other than the last xxx minutes of each half. Problem solved. :dunno:

if play stops because you are injured, you can't return until after the next change of possession.

if play stops because you are injured, you can't return until after the next change of possession.

That's not gonna happen. It will be said that players will be afraid to take themselves out.

PSU survived. You'd have to be some chump team to lose to Appalachian State.

Right, beating some mid-major should be as easy as molesting children, right?

If Virginia Tech WEREN'T cheating i would be astonished, that is one of the most corrupt programs in the country, right up there with any Big Ten school.....

I've probably told this story before but whatever... wife and I met in 89, and she threw a party for the UM/ND game. She was a UM grad, I had gone to HS with a freshman sensation for ND named Raghib "Rocket" Ismail. In that game I think Rocket returned two punts or kicks for TDs, and ND won. Wife and I started dating the next year, and ND won every game thru 92 when Rocket graduated. In the fall of 93, wife and I were living together and getting married that October (it will be 25 years in a month!). Michigan was finally favored, and the week of the game she and I had the following exchange:

Her: Ready for the big game this weekend?!

Me: What game?

Her: UM/ND!!!!!

Me: I'm not really a ND fan. I just rooted for them because Rocket was there.

Her: You WILL root for ND and you WILL let me enjoy UM beating you. :angry:

Me: Mkay. :unsure:

I believe this is part of why we are married almost 25 years. :D

I used to like Michigan when Desmond Howard was there and I liked Notre Dame when Rocket was there.

Going to the ND/ Syracuse game in November. Shake down the thunder!

Well, they beat up on UTSA 49-7, which arguably they are supposed to do, but two years ago they only beat them by 4, and see teams like App St vs. PSU. So I'm on the train for now. Let's see if they show up vs. #11 MSU this week (who also underwhelmed). My wife is a Wolverine but we have some MSU family so let the smack talk begin! Wife and I just bought tickets to the game. Fock Sparty! :banana:

Woo hoo!!!!! I am on the Herm train! That was a very entertaining game. More Sparties than I would have liked, but everyone was well-behaved. Well, until after we won and we changed their chant from "Go Green! Go White!" to "Go Green! Go Home!" :D

Forks up! :headbanger: (close enough)

What a game Clemson/A&M was Sat. night.

That front of Clemson's is flat out nasty - and they have a freshman who could step right in and be just as nasty... A&M got hosed on a couple calls, but they also totally gagged a few opportunities too... Let's see if the Aggs can travel with that same intensity and play like that on the road.

:lol: @ beating Ball State by eight at home...

We're on to Vanderbilt.