Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Do you take pride in your yard?

I can grow some pretty spicy pablano's, just water them every day and they will be much spicier than any jalapeno from the store. I cannot not water my plants every day, which is why i stick to the milder hot peppers. A jalapeno would be pure pain with that much water.

I've heard the opposite, that if you stress them a little here or there they get hotter. Maybe I have been doing it wrong. They seem to come out plenty hot.

I've heard the opposite, that if you stress them a little here or there they get hotter. Maybe I have been doing it wrong. They seem to come out plenty hot.

I am not an expert and am generally clueless about gardening. All I know is that I quit growing jalapenos and stick to pablano's because however i garden makes the pablono's as hot as a store bought habenaro. I thought it was the amount of water i gave them, but maybe it is the Houston temperature.

I do mostly hot peppers, sometimes green peppers and tomatoes. Last few years were really good to grow, warm dry for this part of the country

I made a ton of Salsa last year that I still have plenty of. Nothing beats that salsa.

I'll use them sparingly for those jalapeno bacon wrapped popper things you throw on the grill.

The tomatoes sometimes get tough so I use them more for sandwiches.

We have quarterly bulk trash pickup and I enjoy doing major work on trees, but the weekly maintenance sucks. Now that I'm printing money again I plan to hire messicans. Also my back yard is hooge by Phoenix city standards but the roots of trees (sishu) bordering the lawn grew out into the lawn and my summer bermuda won't grow near it. :(

I'd rather spend my free time doing something enjoyable, so I pay a gardener/landscaper to keep it presentable.

how do illegals get to the island?

prob phillipinos over there huh?

like guys named Sanchez that say that will be Fibe dollar

how do illegals get to the island?

prob phillipinos over there huh?

like guys named Sanchez that say that will be Fibe dollar

Dunno. Two white guys do my yard. Wouldn't use them if they were illegal immigrants.

Cruzer takes pride in a good hunnert yards. I'm talking lawns and on the golf course :bandana:

I enjoy working in the yard and keeping up with the landscaping. It's relaxing and even better while drinking.

This.

I have a fridge in my garage and keep an open bottle of beer and water there while working in yard. Do some work, go swill a little beer and water. Wash rinse repeat.

Mow trim and edge once a week. Weed and feed quarterly

Trim bushes monthly, cut back Rose o Sharon's, tall ornamental grasses, hostas and hydrangeas at the end of the season. No flowers or veggie gardens this year. I don't wanna dedicate time to it.

I don't enjoy it. It's just a chore that has to be done.

Bad yard = Bad dad

I try to have a nice yard but don't go overboard. I used to be more anal about it before we got a new lab puppy two years ago. She's pretty hard on it still. I cut it and weed eat it, usually once a week. We have it professionally fertilized and sprayed for weeds a few times a year. Wife does the flowers and grows the tomatoes.

We have about an acre. Bought a zero turn mower last year. Best investment I've made in a while. :thumbsup:

I'm too busy as sh!t to care on my one or two days a week I get to spend at home to worry about the focking yard during those limited hours. That said, I mow and weed eat and just started fertilizing the sh!t this year cause my neighbors care more than I do

:mellow:

So... the pattern goes something like this..

1. gets married, buys first house, no kids, goes nuts on yard, lawn, mulch, etc - it's pristine and no step of the Scott's 4 step is missed.

2. first kid is born, career takes a next step, time becomes more limited and the yard/lawn is not at the same level of priority

3. Scott's 4 step is fockin' expensive... and it doesn't work all that great... must be a water issue... how much is a well? Fock that!

4. holy crap... for what I paid for my $1500 lawn tractor, all that fertilizer, lime, grub-x,, and all the gardening equipment.. I could have had a non-english speaking guy take care of my yard for $35/week for 12 straight years!

5. when this tractor dies, I'm not buying a new one... I'm hiring that service.

So... the pattern goes something like this..

1. gets married, buys first house, no kids, goes nuts on yard, lawn, mulch, etc - it's pristine and no step of the Scott's 4 step is missed.

2. first kid is born, career takes a next step, time becomes more limited and the yard/lawn is not at the same level of priority

3. Scott's 4 step is fockin' expensive... and it doesn't work all that great... must be a water issue... how much is a well? Fock that!

4. holy crap... for what I paid for my $1500 lawn tractor, all that fertilizer, lime, grub-x,, and all the gardening equipment.. I could have had a non-english speaking guy take care of my yard for $35/week for 12 straight years!

5. when this tractor dies, I'm not buying a new one... I'm hiring that service.

In my experience it the opposite direction and minus all of your useless numbers. When you are young who gives a rats ass usually, you are hungover who the hell wants to go out in the sun and work on a Saturday. As you get older you have limited time, but wish you actually did have enough time to make it nice which would be some time to yourself out of the house. By the time the kids move out you want to get it into shape and find much more time and energy. By the time you retire, you are ready to go to war out there on that battlefield.

By the time the kids move out you want to get it into shape and find much more time and energy. By the time you retire, you are ready to go to war out there on that battlefield.

I could see this being the next steps... I'm just not there yet... but the "Get Off My Lawn" old guy is nothing new.