Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

Homers - Who has been the stand out in Training camp for your respective team

Im a Broncos Fan , and to no ones surprise, Courtland Sutton has been a beast!

On a side note, those who are thinking Royce Freeman, will be a sneaky pick....he really hasn't really separated himself from the other guys. As much as i hate to admit it, i think the Denver RB will unfortunately be RBBC.

• Like 1

RB Damien Williams seems to be doing a nice job in KC. I wouldn't be surpised to see him make the team over Charcandrick West as the No.3 RB and push Ware for the No.2 spot.

NYG- Barkley has been amazing by most accounts, but Olivier Vernon has reportedly been tearing it up and could be a nice IDP Play.

things have been pretty quiet in Packer camp, but everyone says Cobb has looked really good. Adams is still the player to have, but Cobb might be more productive than his ADP suggests.

According to a couple of the beat writers I heard interviewed, Anthony Miller has been doing very well for the Bears so far.

I've been hearing a lot how he should be the starting slot guy day 1, but the Bears are going to move him around in the offense. Trubisky is known for liking to throw to middle of the field, and with a stud WR drawing #1 coverage, and Jordan Howard having hands of stone out of the backfield, I see Miller getting a higher than normal amount of targets for a rookie. Unfortunately for me, I draft with 11 guys from Chicago, and since we are a keeper league, he will probably be a higher price since everyone in Chicago is excited about all the positive changes on the Bears.. First time in a long time.

Bucs Homer here. I’ve read that nobody has seen Mike Evans drop a pass yet and he has been connecting on deep routes. I’ve also been hearing that Chris Godwin is tearing it up daily and has a chance to overtake Desean at WR2. Desean has been playing out of slot quite a bit. OJ Howard has been uncoverable.

Cowboys- Allen Hurns, I have heard stuff all over the board on him but it sounds like he is going to be the top WR and Dak's favorite target going into the season. He's the one on what many have called the NFL's worst receiving corps that stands out as the likely fantasy relevant WR. I think he will be a decent WR2 or a Flex play at worst by default. It will be a run heavy offense but there will be at least one WR that emerges as fantasy relevant. If Hurns can stay healthy he should fare better than he did in Jacksonville. Rookie Michael Gallup is one to watch as well.

Bucs Homer here. Ive read that nobody has seen Mike Evans drop a pass yet and he has been connecting on deep routes. Ive also been hearing that Chris Godwin is tearing it up daily and has a chance to overtake Desean at WR2. Desean has been playing out of slot quite a bit. OJ Howard has been uncoverable.

Sounds like Tampa Bay will be the team to beat this year, lol!!!!! Jokes aside, I have been hanging onto Mike Evans waiting for the killer season. Need it this year to justify keeping him the last 2 seasons.

Miami Homer here. No one is really tearing it up, but D. Parker is an embarrassment. Stay away from him this year. Amendola will be our WR1 for the 6 games that hes healthy for....

Cowboys- Allen Hurns, I have heard stuff all over the board on him but it sounds like he is going to be the top WR and Dak's favorite target going into the season. He's the one on what many have called the NFL's worst receiving corps that stands out as the likely fantasy relevant WR. I think he will be a decent WR2 or a Flex play at worst by default. It will be a run heavy offense but there will be at least one WR that emerges as fantasy relevant. If Hurns can stay healthy he should fare better than he did in Jacksonville. Rookie Michael Gallup is one to watch as well.

Great points about Hurns both he should and if he can stay healthy.

Think I saw where he was already having some hammy problems. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought I saw that.

Gallup seems like a great buy late.

Bucs Homer here. I’ve read that nobody has seen Mike Evans drop a pass yet and he has been connecting on deep routes. I’ve also been hearing that Chris Godwin is tearing it up daily and has a chance to overtake Desean at WR2. Desean has been playing out of slot quite a bit. OJ Howard has been uncoverable.

What about the rb situation.

Just read that R Jones is suffering and hasn’t been good at all in blitz pick up.

Who’s the one too own as of today?

things have been pretty quiet in Packer camp, but everyone says Cobb has looked really good. Adams is still the player to have, but Cobb might be more productive than his ADP suggests.

My only problem with Cobb is him staying healthy.

He always seems hobbled with some kind of injury issue.

Tannehill has some serious weapons this year. I'm throwing him into my pile of possible QBs late in the draft. If their oline can prove themselves better with Sitton and Kilgore, they could be a sleeper offensive team. Any word on Ballage?

Ballage has flashed during limited play, albeit against the 2nd/3rd string defenses. The phins definitely dont want yo run Drake into the ground and Gore will get his as well. Fantasy headache....

Goodwin in San Fran. He is running Shanahan's entire route tree, unlike the 2 routes he was running in Buffalo. Nobody can keep up with him and he's been catching nearly everything. Be aware of the injury bug though. Kittle also poised to outperform his ADP. Not saying top 5 TE but a real chance to grow in year 2 of Shanahan's offense. Big frame who shouo d be a nice red zone option. 9ers were awful in the red zone last year and Shanahan uses TE's well. A sleeper is Breida at RB. Worth a handcuff or late round flier. If McKinnon is out Breida will put up RB2 numbers.

Sounds like Tampa Bay will be the team to beat this year, lol!!!!! Jokes aside, I have been hanging onto Mike Evans waiting for the killer season. Need it this year to justify keeping him the last 2 seasons.

What, 2016 didn't meet your expectations?

RB Damien Williams seems to be doing a nice job in KC. I wouldn't be surpised to see him make the team over Charcandrick West as the No.3 RB and push Ware for the No.2 spot.

I would say WR Demarcus Robinson as well, but with all the other targets he's not going to be relevant in terms of fantasy value.

Trequan Smith, Rookie WR from UCF has absolutely shined with the Saints. He will have a role this year without question. It will be hard to get receptions with Thomas, Ginn, Meredith, Kamara getting the bulk of passes thrown their way, but he has just been awesome. I expect his role to increase as the season goes on. If you have the luxury, draft and stash him.

Not fantasy relevant unless you're IDP, but S Marcus Williams has had the best camp of EVERYONE on the team. That includes Brees, Lattimore, Jordan, MT, etc. He has been amazing and has had an INT in almost every practice.

What, 2016 didn't meet your expectations?

Ill take 2016 again, but he needs to know how to finish a season strong.

I do believe the Bucs will be much improved, but more so because of their new and improved D line.

I do believe the Bucs will be much improved, but more so because of their new and improved D line.

I need to start hearing good things about Ronald Jones in pass protection so that I can draft him. Seems like he has a nice path to success with little talent ahead of him.

What about the rb situation.

Just read that R Jones is suffering and hasn’t been good at all in blitz pick up.

Who’s the one too own as of today?

Jones has been a suspect receiver so far and still needs to improve as a blocker. At this point, I don't see a workhorse role for him. I see more of a committee approach for the time being. He and Barber will be two main back. I'd lean towards Barber for the first half of the season, but Jones could definitely take over by end of season. Personally, I would not draft either for anything other than flex or RB4 at this point.

NYG- Barkley has been amazing by most accounts, but Olivier Vernon has reportedly been tearing it up and could be a nice IDP Play.

Concur on Barkley and Vernon. Sterling Shepherd has also looked great out of the slot where no one has been able to successfully cover him. He could hold the best draft day value of any Giants offensive player.

Not much to report on the Cardinals as they look to be lacking the offensive weapons everyone suspected. Chase Edmonds is the only unknown player worth noting. He's DJ's backup, but given the dearth of play makers, he could play a little larger role than a standard backup. I think people are sleeping on this D a little. With a new defensive head coach, I think if they stay healthy Jones and Golden will combine for 20-30 sacks, with Budda Baker potentially turning into a ball hawk safety. Rosen is looking solid but even if he plays this year he isn't worth anything other than a dynasty stash. I think if this team has it's way, it'll be a very vanilla ball control offense that relies on it's defense.

DJ - Contract situation is in the early stages of turning into Bell & the Steelers. The two sides aren't close. Might be worth monitoring.

Fitz

Edmonds- deep league flier/handcuff or dynasty stash

Rosen/Kirk- dynasty stash

Cardinals D.

Both Williams and Robinson have looked really good in the first half

Dolphins homer here and the only players Im touching this year from the team is Gesicki late or Kenny Stills in double digit rounds. If Drake falls to me in the 5th I would take him, but it wont happen. I have made it a strict rule not to draft players from my favorite team as it never pans out. I cant watch a game without alterior motives when watching the game.

Dolphins score a touchdown...... but it was Amendola and not DeVante Parker, so Im pissed instead of routing for my team. The struggles of a fantasy nut!

for DAL, cole beasley has been flat uncoverable so far in camp. he's been clowning DBs from both the slot and the outside. but as the only demonstrated threat, he's going to be drawing double coverage until someone else steps up. and the rest of the WR room looks pretty weird. hurns has looked solid in camp, but didn't flash a ton of separation in the game. gallup has looked strong, but isn't beating out the older guys for a starting spot yet. and IMO, austin is going to be a vulture rather than a viable FF play.

if i had to put money on it right now this minute, i'd bet that DAL is not going to finish the season with a 1K WR. beas and hurns with like 1600 between them, and the rest of the WRs kicking in another 1500 or so.

I really want to like OJ Howard this season but Brate the Great is still there, just got paid and Winston's main man. Any chance OJ can overtake him this year?

I really want to like OJ Howard this season but Brate the Great is still there, just got paid and Winston's main man. Any chance OJ can overtake him this year?

Nope. About a 0.0% chance of that happening. Howard is only a viable fantasy asset if Brate gets hurt.

• Like 1

This isn't pay content (I believe... I don't pay for it), but I'll only give you quick tidbits (and the link).

QUESTION 2: Will RoJo Replace Barber As The Starting RB Job?

"No. Not anytime soon. There is a sizeable gap between Barber, a three-year veteran, and Jones, the team’s second-round pick in terms of trust from the coaching staff right now."

"While Jones did score a 2-yard touchdown in the second quarter, he had a very disappointing debut in red and pewter, rushing for nine yards on eight carries."

https://www.pewterreport.com/2-point-conversion-bucs-qbs-and-monkens-play-calling-efficient-in-win/

Nope. About a 0.0% chance of that happening. Howard is only a viable fantasy asset if Brate gets hurt.

Agreed. Brate is too good at catching passes for them to forget about him. The last 2 years he has 14 TDs and 105 receptions. Howard had 6 TDs on on only 26 receptions last year, which is amazing he scored nearly 1 of 4 times he caught the ball, but why focus on only 1 of those 2 instead of having them both on the field?

• Like 1

Dolphins homer here and the only players Im touching this year from the team is Gesicki late or Kenny Stills in double digit rounds. If Drake falls to me in the 5th I would take him, but it wont happen. I have made it a strict rule not to draft players from my favorite team as it never pans out. I cant watch a game without alterior motives when watching the game.

Dolphins score a touchdown...... but it was Amendola and not DeVante Parker, so Im pissed instead of routing for my team. The struggles of a fantasy nut!

Well me too but usually my league mates reach for all of them. I might grab one who falls late.

In case you didnt notice last night, Howard ran with the 1s last night and Brate with the 2s.

Great points about Hurns both he should and if he can stay healthy.

Think I saw where he was already having some hammy problems. Maybe I’m wrong but I thought I saw that.

Gallup seems like a great buy late.

Local news in South Texas has been raving about Beasley. No longer just a slot guy, lining up all over the field and beating people consistently. I honestly think he becomes the safety valve for Dak and reports say their chemistry is great already.

For the Steelers: At WR, Juju has reportedly had a rough camp, but that all went away last night with that 71 yard TD. #3 WR spot is still very much in flux, Eli Rogers was hurt and not quite fully back. Draft pick out of OSU Washington has flashed at times. The other WR that has made some noise is Damoun Patterson, who did so again last night with a great TD catch from Dobbs. At RB James Connor has reportedly looked much better. Decisive on cuts, using the big body and doing much better in blocking. He has value if Bell were to go down.

Honestly, the only undervalued guy around is likely Vance McDonald at TE, who if he can stay healthy (big if) will easily exceed the 43/372/3TD that Jesse James labored to this past year. McDonald flashed in the playoffs and should has a chance to become the #3/4 option with Juju and a big redzone target.

Chargers - Mike Williams is going to be a huge redzone target at least, could push double digits in TD's while staying under 700 yards imo

Ekeler has been even more impressive this year than last when he came out of nowhere, the worries of Jackson passing him wont happen

In case you didnt notice last night, Howard ran with the 1s last night and Brate with the 2s.

Yeah, I noticed. Doesn't change my mind. Does it change yours?

• Like 1

Jon Gruden.

If you have an opportunity to buy low on a Raider skill position player I'd do so, though with Amari Cooper's late season injury history I'd be hesitant there.

Marshawn Lynch has been relatively injury-free since his return. No nagging strains, lingering pulls etc. Any of the routine stuff you'd expect after a long layoff. Important, given the sports hernia issue which effectively ended his time in Seattle.

Gruden's return has been laughed at and ridiculed, but this offense WILL function more efficiently than last year and even probably be better than the 2016 version as well. Last year they scored 17 points or less in ten games and lost all of them. Guenther's Double A Gap defense is going to improve that defense, and they had a draft which is flying way under the radar, especially on the defensive front. They won't be in as many high scoring games, but the offense will get the ball back faster. Gruden plans to run the football, this is a fact, and Lynch is running behind an offensive line which is very powerful and deep.

Don't sleep on Marshawn Lynch.

Tannehill has some serious weapons this year. I'm throwing him into my pile of possible QBs late in the draft. If their oline can prove themselves better with Sitton and Kilgore, they could be a sleeper offensive team. Any word on Ballage?

Which serious weapons are we talking about here?