Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Official Obama Portraits

I like the BO one a lot. Kehinde Wiley was a cover artist for Juxtapoz. One of my favorite contemporary/urban art mags. All of his art has similar backgrounds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kehinde+Wiley&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix49acpaHZAhVV4mMKHWVTB8wQ_AUICigB&biw=1500&bih=805

Not familiar with the artist who did Michelle.

I certainly don't remember this level of gushing at any other Presidential portrait. Barack's is a bit odd, but I actually think it will become a classic. I assume the 3rd grader that did Michelle's gets a trip to Disney.

• Like 1

I like the BO one a lot. Kehinde Wiley was a cover artist for Juxtapoz. One of my favorite contemporary/urban art mags. All of his art has similar backgrounds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kehinde+Wiley&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix49acpaHZAhVV4mMKHWVTB8wQ_AUICigB&biw=1500&bih=805

Lol.

"Artist".

I dunno man. Still don't get it. I did fine art framing while I was in college. Held a ton of fine art in my hands. Like music, it's all subjective.

I would think the "Official" Presidential Portrait would be a bit more traditional. :dunno:

In the end, who cares.

Perhaps it is the difference between being conservative vs. liberal, but IMO you would want your portrait to be timeless. But I can also see the value to the Obamas of propping up a famous AA artist (I'll take your word for his famousness). That being said, I'm an engineer and readily admit that I don't always get art, but man, I just don't see it. Honestly, if he had used a background of some MJ plants vs. that ivy-looking shiot, I think I'd appreciate it more. :dunno:

Perhaps it is the difference between being conservative vs. liberal, but IMO you would want your portrait to be timeless. But I can also see the value to the Obamas of propping up a famous AA artist (I'll take your word for his famousness). That being said, I'm an engineer and readily admit that I don't always get art, but man, I just don't see it. Honestly, if he had used a background of some MJ plants vs. that ivy-looking shiot, I think I'd appreciate it more. :dunno:

You wouldn't appreciate anything Obama. Let's be honest for a minute.

And here we go with the liberal vs. conservative thing again. Just because I didn't vote for Trump, doesn't mean I'm a liberal. Just like because cyclone voted for Trump doesn't make him a conservative. I didn't vote for Trump because he's a buffoon, not because he's a conservative (which he isn't). I'm only a liberal in this FFT alternate universe, where guys who are for gun control and killing babies are conservatives because they voted Trump, and guys who support the 2nd amendment and tough immigration are liberal because they didn't.

:cheers:

You wouldn't appreciate anything Obama. Let's be honest for a minute.

And here we go with the liberal vs. conservative thing again. Just because I didn't vote for Trump, doesn't mean I'm a liberal. Just like because cyclone voted for Trump doesn't make him a conservative. I didn't vote for Trump because he's a buffoon, not because he's a conservative (which he isn't). I'm only a liberal in this FFT alternate universe, where guys who are for gun control and killing babies are conservatives because they voted Trump, and guys who support the 2nd amendment and tough immigration are liberal because they didn't.

:cheers:

Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I thought I was acknowledging that I could see how people would like it. But I maintain my position that a traditional, stodgy old portrait would be more conservative, and this one is more liberal. Also I'm not arguing your Cyclone thing, that is between you two. Also also I held my nose voting for Trump because the alternative was the most Machiavellian evil candidate we've ever had.

We definitely need to grab a drink next time I'm in Irvine, if you are up for it. :cheers:

Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I thought I was acknowledging that I could see how people would like it. But I maintain my position that a traditional, stodgy old portrait would be more conservative, and this one is more liberal. Also I'm not arguing your Cyclone thing, that is between you two. Also also I held my nose voting for Trump because the alternative was the most Machiavellian evil candidate we've ever had.

We definitely need to grab a drink next time I'm in Irvine, if you are up for it. :cheers:

I'm on the wagon right now, but you never know haha. Wouldn't be the first time I fell off.

And it's not a me vs. cyclone thing. I've just literally never been called a "liberal" by any of my IRL friends. I might be a bit more moderate than some, but I'm definitely not a bleeding heart liberal. I'm only a liberal on FFT, where it doesn't seem to matter what your views are. It only matters who you voted for.

At least he gave Michelle her perpetual kunt face.

Very realistic, good job.

This is true. She really captured her essence.

Someone should do one of them in orange jumpsuits.

in due time

WTF? :lol:

Yo dog so whatcha wont, bruh? know wat I'm sayin?

Just fock my sh1t up!

I got you, Fam.

Mobb are we fockin or what?

Haha. I just dont want to be lumped in with Sho. If I am, Im taking you with me!

Yo dog so whatcha wont, bruh? know wat I'm sayin?

Just fock my sh1t up!

I got you, Fam.

They are really stupid. As time goes on they will look even worse.

My favorite piece of his is the one with the black chick beheading a white chick.

https://www.itsnicethat.com/system/files/102017/59e4cc787fa44c45b800466a/images_slice_large/kehindewiley-art-itsnicethat3.jpg

My favorite piece of his is the one with the black chick beheading a white chick.

https://www.itsnicethat.com/system/files/102017/59e4cc787fa44c45b800466a/images_slice_large/kehindewiley-art-itsnicethat3.jpg

all class, what a hero. Any truth to the rumor they used real blood from a Barry's son ms13 gang members murder victim for the reds on Barry's portrait ?

Thats a depiction of Judith and Holofernes. Theyre people from that thing called the Bible.

Bethulia was saved by Judith, a beautiful Hebrew widow who entered Holofernes's camp and seduced him. Judith then beheaded Holofernes while he was drunk. She returned to Bethulia with the severed head, and the Hebrews defeated the enemy.

KSB already said it, but are you saying that severed head in the "art" is a dood? :dunno:

Holofernes was a dude. Its 2018, so who knows these days. Gender is so 2002.

And Jesus was white... Art is weird like that.