Sign in to follow this  
ppierce

Jimmy in the first?

If u did it in a real draft where did u take him, what's the rest of your team, and are u happy with the outcome?

I cannot answer the question as I am drafting tomorrow (Sunday) however in my league you get to keep one player from last year and I am 7th overall pick (out of 10) and I held Jimmy G at 7.

For me he would have to fall in the 2nd round. At that point you have to take him, but I'm personally not a big fan of grabbing TE in the first round.

For me he would have to fall in the 2nd round. At that point you have to take him, but I'm personally not a big fan of grabbing TE in the first round.

I wasn't either but AP - J Charles - Megatron - Lacy were off the board (held) and there is still 4 picks ahead of me - Jimmy G was the (tough) choice for me.

Pick number 7 is where I would pick him up . That's where I have him .

Pretty sure I'm taking him at 6 in my 12 team standard. All top RBs are going 1-5. Been debating amongst him, Calvin, and Ball/Lynch, but I'm about 75% sure I'm going Graham. If I do draft him, I'm eyeing Morris in the 2nd and Cobb in the 3rd.

This is tough to say, but I think he is mad overhyped. Every single mock draft I've tried, when he's drafted 1st rnd, I've watched top WRs get taken, then scrambled for RBs and end up hating my team. The problem is, if you are pick 7/12 and take Jimmy, when your in rnd 2, you are left without any of the top RBs in rnd 1, and lose out on the turn for the top 5 WRs. So you got a great TE, but are trailing the entire draft for rb and wr.

He is still a top TE in the NFL, but I feel that you miss out on too many top WR if you take him at 7-12. There are 12 very good TEs this yr and I feel like you can get better value late.

7-12 is where he'll be going in the first round.

You figure, Charles, McCoy, Forte, Lacy, Calvin, Demaryius will almost always go ahead of him, so the leaves him in the group with Dez, AJ, Julio and a few other WR's.

An ideal team for me if I got graham would have to be

Graham

Morris

Martin

Roddy

Andre J

Jennings

Rice

Romo

Things would have to go my way tho.

But Graham is one of the top WR , he just plays the TE position. So you did not miss out on one of the top scoring pass catchers you draft one .

This is tough to say, but I think he is mad overhyped. Every single mock draft I've tried, when he's drafted 1st rnd, I've watched top WRs get taken, then scrambled for RBs and end up hating my team. The problem is, if you are pick 7/12 and take Jimmy, when your in rnd 2, you are left without any of the top RBs in rnd 1, and lose out on the turn for the top 5 WRs. So you got a great TE, but are trailing the entire draft for rb and wr.

He is still a top TE in the NFL, but I feel that you miss out on too many top WR if you take him at 7-12. There are 12 very good TEs this yr and I feel like you can get better value late.

If you think he is mad overhyped then your analysis is just wrong. The saints offense looks great and will be great, and they run it through jimmy. Last years numbers werent his ceiling.

The biggest reason you are looking at this the wrong way, top 5 rbs come out of later rounds all the time, same for receivers. You can find comperable players at those positions. Its not like if you draft graham your next best options are tier 5 at all other positions.

How easy is it to find a te who comes anywhere near graham in scoring? Not very. JT last year was second best and he is about the only te besides gronk who has the right talent and situation to get near graham, and graham is still leaps and bounds ahead of them.

The only reason that makes sense to pass on graham for a rb is you are afraid you will not be able to accumulate enough startable talent past the first. He is not overhyped.

Only drafters who arent confident in themselves think he is ovedhyped. 16 tds. How is that overhyped?

He's absolutely not overhyped, he's so far ahead of the other TE it's silly. However, I understand what TheScoop is saying about hating his team when you draft him. Honestly you will hate your team on paper if you take anything but an rb or Calvin, it's just how it goes. You always feel like your playing catchup and can never get the value you want. But you have to just have a few things when you take Graham 1st. You need confidence in your tier list and balls to leave value on the table in favor of need.

I feel better when I take TE 1st rather than qb. Taking Peyton in rnd 1 feels great til about rnd 3 when you start panicking. Then in rnd 7 when you look at the teams that drafted Matt Ryan or stafford and compare them to yours you feel like crap. You just dont get that sense of power from your awesome qb cuz those other guys got good qbs as well. But with graham you can rest easy that you are essentially cheating and starting a wr at TE like the guys who had colston his rookie year in some leagues.

But Graham is one of the top WR , he just plays the TE position. So you did not miss out on one of the top scoring pass catchers you draft one .

That's how I envision it. I hope get Brees in second round for the combo. Although I will be hurting at RB

I took Jimmy in the 1st at the 10 spot in 12 team non ppr. I am a bit mixed with the results.

Qb-Cutler

RB-Morris

Rb- Gerhart

Wr-k. Allen

Wr-Tate

Wr- Benjamin

Te- graham

Dst- bucs

Bench

RB- rice

RB-hillman

Wr-Cooks

Wr-Hunter

TE-Ertz

QB-Palmer

Soon to be dropped for a K-Gordon

The good-

Te-Graham & Ertz - Ertz was my value pick to trade later on or allow me to move Graham if I wanted

RB- I am pretty happy with Morris, Gerhart & Rice holding down the starting RB spots

Wr3- One of Cooks, Hunter or Benjamin

The bad-

RB depth- really needed a P. Thomas or similar. Hillman sucks and seeing him on my roster makes me want to puke. I had Moreno last season which led me to get the backup Denver RB but this guy is no Moreno

Wr 1 - Allen is a Wr2

The Ugly

QB- I like Cutler but he needs to be paired with a Rivers or similar, who I just missed out on. When Cutler misses time I have Carson friggen Palmer. C'mon son! I can't figure the AZ offense. With the Oline, strong Wrs and Ellington shouldn't Palmer have a very good season? But I still feel bad about myself for having him rostered.

Taking Graham made me feel like playing catchup at every other spot. Seeing I grabbed Ertz late having a top Wr or Rb would have made my team much stronger.

Who was your second pick? Morris? He was the best available back in the second? I would have rather had a better pass catcher. Otherwise it looks fine.

Who was your second pick? Morris? He was the best available back in the second? I would have rather had a better pass catcher. Otherwise it looks fine.

Yeah, Morris in the 2nd. I don't love that pick either. I consider him solid but I would feel better with a huge upside guy.

Rb that followed were Lynch and Stacy. Wr followed Green and Marshall and I regretted not having Lynch or Green instead of Morris.

Yeah i would have gone lynch all day.

Yeah, I think that's the right call. I did numerous fantasy pros mocks and I always ended up with Better options at 2nd pick (Dez, Ball, Etc.). I think I got caught with having an unfamiliar result and 60 seconds to decide.

People are down on Lynch but I don't see it.

Yeah, I think that's the right call. I did numerous fantasy pros mocks and I always ended up with Better options at 2nd pick (Dez, Ball, Etc.). I think I got caught with having an unfamiliar result and 60 seconds to decide.

People are down on Lynch but I don't see it.

Yeah i know how that goes. I hate when i have my targets all picked out and then the sure fire 1/4 of my options all went in 5 picks. Then you have to scramble. Maybe morris fine. He will dominate carries while griffin probably opens holes with his own run ability. He is one of those wild cards, to me at least.

This year is the most unsure i have ever been at rb. I have no concrete late sleepers who i am even 50% sure will turn out to be good. Usually i have at least one which helps me every year. This year i got nothin.

My late gem rbs thread turned up what i suspected when i wrote it. 300 different answers without a single piece of discussion that really helped me decide.

Its going to come down to injuries this year. There really arent any surprise starting gigs that no one expects, at least that i can see. Maybe the raiders?

He should give you one of the biggest positional advantages out of anyone. I don't think it's a bad idea to take him later in the 1st.

if you subscribe to vbd, he should literally be the top pick in the draft. Going at 7 is nothing wrong, he will outscore half the rbs and a 1/3 of the wrs in the 1st round, believe it. The difference you get with him over the #10 TE is so much greater than the difference between whatever rb you take there and the 10th rb. Hell that rb could very easily just be a total bust too. JG, not so much. I'd take him after top 4 rbs to be honest. Also would easily take manning at the 7 slot. All about guaranteed stud production out of the 1st. If you think the likes of monte ball and lacy are locks forr 1500 and 15 tds you're on crack...

• Like 1

if you subscribe to vbd, he should literally be the top pick in the draft. Going at 7 is nothing wrong, he will outscore half the rbs and a 1/3 of the wrs in the 1st round, believe it. The difference you get with him over the #10 TE is so much greater than the difference between whatever rb you take there and the 10th rb. Hell that rb could very easily just be a total bust too. JG, not so much. I'd take him after top 4 rbs to be honest. Also would easily take manning at the 7 slot. All about guaranteed stud production out of the 1st. If you think the likes of monte ball and lacy are locks forr 1500 and 15 tds you're on crack...

Amen brother. it really isn't about just getting good RBs.

compare the difference of the TE1 Graham to the TE 12, and the RB1 to the RB30 and thats your value, its pretty similar. Considering we have to likely draft 2 rb's and a flex, thats the value in essence of RB's

compare the difference of the TE1 Graham to the TE 12, and the RB1 to the RB30 and thats your value, its pretty similar. Considering we have to likely draft 2 rb's and a flex, thats the value in essence of RB's

The bigger thing than that is Graham to TE2 is going to be about RB1 to RB 10 and the TE4 or 5 is going to be about the same as RB1 to RB25.

Yeah i know how that goes. I hate when i have my targets all picked out and then the sure fire 1/4 of my options all went in 5 picks. Then you have to scramble. Maybe morris fine. He will dominate carries while griffin probably opens holes with his own run ability. He is one of those wild cards, to me at least.

This year is the most unsure i have ever been at rb. I have no concrete late sleepers who i am even 50% sure will turn out to be good. Usually i have at least one which helps me every year. This year i got nothin.

My late gem rbs thread turned up what i suspected when i wrote it. 300 different answers without a single piece of discussion that really helped me decide.

Its going to come down to injuries this year. There really arent any surprise starting gigs that no one expects, at least that i can see. Maybe the raiders?

Yes, I am usually able to get the guys late that can produce to make up for my early round busts. Had Moreno, Gordon and Cameron late

At TE and WR I like the later rounds but RB is weak.

A Denver backup? They suck.

White? NE RBs are hell.

Bradshaw? Injuries forthcoming

Atl? Don't see it

I know it's preseason, but Seattle's offense (1st string) looked really darn good. I'm thinking Lynch will get plenty of scoring opportunities. I would've gone Lynch too.

Lynch

Graham

Sounds so much better than...

Morris

Graham

I know it's preseason, but Seattle's offense (1st string) looked really darn good. I'm thinking Lynch will get plenty of scoring opportunities. I would've gone Lynch too.

Lynch

Graham

Sounds so much better than...

Morris

Graham

No question. I think the offense may take a step up with a slight regression on D. Morris is not terrible but the Redskins Offense will be too inconsistent and limit his upside.

I got Graham at the turn in a 12-team draft. I have a man crush and was pretty shocked he fell. Picked him and Dez at the turn...here's my team. Start 3WR, no flex. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm thin at RB, but that's the price you pay for Graham and that's ok with me.

Matt Ryan

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Emmanuel Sanders

Ryan Matthews

Shane Vereen

Jimmy Graham

K

Def

Bench:

Joique Bell

Stevan Ridley

Mike Evans

Justin Hunter

Josh Gordon (soon to be cut)

Carson Palmer

16 team league (.5 ppr); drafted Graham at the 11 spot. Team listed below (remember it is a 16-team league and not a 12 teamer). I feel good about my squad. Lynch/Murray/Dez were also considerations but wanted a true positional stud and picking 11 is not the spot for accomplishing that).

Jimmy Graham

Jordy Nelson

Rashaad Jennings (Grabbed Andre Williams as handcuff)

Shane Vereen (Grabbed James White as backup/handcuff)

Colin Kaepernick

Mike Wallce

Reggie Wayne

Rest is fodder

I just dont get the james white love. The guy has shown nothing in the preseason. If the pats have to use him they are focked. I hope you didnt pass on bradin bolden for him.

I just dont get the james white love. The guy has shown nothing in the preseason. If the pats have to use him they are focked. I hope you didnt pass on bradin bolden for him.

It's about opportunity not so much talent. Ridley can't quit fumbling and people are worried about Vereen and injuries. He has a potential opportunity on a decent offense.

That being said I didn't draft him and he is still a FA in my league. The fact he is mentioned says more about the lack of late RB value than anything.

I struggled last year getting my TE position to catch more than a couple of balls for pedestrian yards. It was like playing with one less position than my opponents.

I had 7th pick in a 12 team PPR with flex.

Graham

Foster

Morris

Spiller

DeSean

Cam

T Williams

F Jackson

Benjamin

J Hunter

Jennings

Handcuffs and backups...

Taking a TE in the first means when you look at your team, it might not look as strong as some opponents, but I think that's bc we naturally focus on RB1 and WR1. When you break it down by points per position and points per game, I'll take Graham all day in the middle to late 1st.

I think Julius Thomas in the 4th is much better value.

except that he won't be there in the 4th...

I´ve done 4 10-team drafts this year. I´ve taken him in the 4th in 3 of them and passed on him in the 4th in one of them.

well then you got some pretty damn good value. he's not making it anywhere past the 3rd anywhere I look, including 10 teamers. Regardless, JT in the 4th is still not as good a value as JG at the 7 slot. As I said, if you subscribe to vbd, which I wholeheartedloy the y do, JG is the #1 pick in the draft. That's strictly based on TE vs. TE analysis. When you factor in the fact that he's essentially a WR1, up there with the likes of megatron and his teammate DT, it's really a no brainer. I will snatch him up at 1.05 or beyond in either of the 2 drafts I have coming up, and will sit back and enjoy the fruits while the 1st round RBs bust, like they do every year. Just a trip down memory lane to last year is all I need...New wonderchilld doug martin, the greatest FF rb since priest holmes! Or tried and true Arian Foster, can't go wrong with him. Or the newly annointed superstud from bufallo, Spiller. There's a few more in there, I'll spare you. And again this year, we hear the same thing...Never done anything of substance in his career in the NFL yet, but Montee Ball is someone we can pencil in for 1500 and 15 tds. Demarco murray, this'll be the year he goes elite! Gio Bernard is going to rush 1500 yards, and maybe throw for 5000 on top! Rinse and repeat. You guys can keep chasing those 'upside' dudes all you want, but history will repeat itself, both in the fact that many of these guys will bust, but also in the fact that manning/brees will be dominant. Next best lock is that JG will be a beast...

HTH

I drafted from #10 in a 12 team .5 PPR (QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex(RB/WR/TE), K, D

A. Luck(5)

M. Ball(2), A. Morris(3), P. Thomas(8), S. Jackson(9), D. Woodhead(11)

R. White(4), T. Smith(6), B. Cooks(7), K. Benjamin(10), J. Boykin(12), D. Baldwin(13)

J. Graham(1), T. Kelce(14)

M. Crosby(16)

Eagles (15)

A pretty solid team for starting with Graham.... Julio was the last of the top tier WR's at pick #14.