Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

What are the best stacks this year?

Rodgers / Nelson

Winston / Evans

In both cases, they have a shot at finishing in the top 5 of each of their positions. In FFToday's projections, they have Rodgers as the #1 QB and Nelson as the #5 WR and they have Winston and Evans at #4 in their respective positions.

Rodgers / Nelson

Winston / Evans

In both cases, they have a shot at finishing in the top 5 of each of their positions. In FFToday's projections, they have Rodgers as the #1 QB and Nelson as the #5 WR and they have Winston and Evans at #4 in their respective positions.

Unless you're in an auction it's very, very unlikely you can get Rodgers and Nelson unless you use your first two picks on them which is ill advised. Nelson is going around the 1/2 turn and Rodgers is usually going around the 2/3 turn.

Stacks are not something you should target. Don't shy away from them if they happen to fall in your lap, but don't go into the draft targeting them.

I am more of a QB/TE stack guy.

Liking Brady/Gronk (with Dwayne Allen insurance) and Rodgers/Bennett

Big Ben / Bell

Palmer / DJ

Dak / Dez

Ryan / Julio

Stafford / Golladay

Mariota / Walker

I am more of a QB/TE stack guy.

Liking Brady/Gronk (with Dwayne Allen insurance) and Rodgers/Bennett

Brady/Gronk sure doesn't leave you a whole lot of room for error with your mid round picks.

Brady/Gronk sure doesn't leave you a whole lot of room for error with your mid round picks.

A guy always has to rely on some of his mid-rounders and sleepers hitting. I drew 1st pick this year, and will possibly end up with one the stacks I described, after pocketing DJ.

A guy always has to rely on some of his mid-rounders and sleepers hitting. I drew 1st pick this year, and will possibly end up with one the stacks I described, after pocketing DJ.

getting DJ of course gives you such a built in advantage already so that of course is going to help.

you'll still have to do better than average though because you wont be even getting your first WR before Pick 40 roughly, and may not get your 2nd RB until 60 if you go WR/WR in 4/5. That's why I said low room for error.

If Gronk stays healthy of course it's a steal, but don't bank on Allen being gold as insurance. Bennett was not an every week starter last year when Gronk was out, and he's comparable skill wise to Allen.

Interesting strategy though, I'll give you that.

Rb stacking is unbelievable this year to be safe for the year. I think these stacks are the closest thing to having a high probability of good production in the rb slot gaurding against injury and extreme drop off

Zeke / McFadden obviously

Demarco / Henry

Freeman / Coleman

Ware / Hunt

Rodgers / Martin

Kelley / Perine

Rb stacking is unbelievable this year to be safe for the year. I think these stacks are the closest thing to having a high probability of good production in the rb slot gaurding against injury and extreme drop off

Demarco / Henry

Freeman / Coleman

Ware / Hunt

Rodgers / Martin

Kelley / Perine

You also leave yourself open to having wasted two early round picks on a 50/50 split, that results in two guys having low RB 2 every week.

Demarco / Henry

Freeman / Coleman

Ware / Hunt

Rodgers / Martin

Kelley / Perine

Wouldn't this just be considered handcuffing? When I think stacking I think of QB/WR,RB or TE combos. A combo where you're likely to get two good games. Hard to get two good games from two RBs on the same team. I know I wouldn't want to start two RBs on the same team.

Unless you're in an auction it's very, very unlikely you can get Rodgers and Nelson unless you use your first two picks on them which is ill advised. Nelson is going around the 1/2 turn and Rodgers is usually going around the 2/3 turn.

Why would Rodgers/Nelson be ill advised? If you are a person who wants to take Rodgers (which I won't), then targeting Nelson seems like a good idea... if you believe in them.

Otherwise, the obvious choice then it to get Evans and Winston. Evans is going at some point in the 1st and you can wait to get Winston in the 7th or 8th round. To note, I think both can have a chance to end up #1 in their respective positions. I know people are talking about Brady throwing 40+ TD's, well I can see Winston doing the same.

Why would Rodgers/Nelson be ill advised? If you are a person who wants to take Rodgers (which I won't), then targeting Nelson seems like a good idea... if you believe in them.

Otherwise, the obvious choice then it to get Evans and Winston. Evans is going at some point in the 1st and you can wait to get Winston in the 7th or 8th round. To note, I think both can have a chance to end up #1 in their respective positions. I know people are talking about Brady throwing 40+ TD's, well I can see Winston doing the same.

Having a stack in general is not always beneficial. If Rodgers goes down Jordy's stats should suffer a decent amount and now you have two bad top picks.

Jordy is a good pick at where he's going but taking a QB early has been proven to not be the smartest choice. Rodgers is already going plenty early at the 2/3 turn but you'd have to take him early in the 2nd round.

If you have an early pick then Rodgers becomes a little better pick but you'd be reaching on Jordy.

It can be done but I think it's a bad idea. Putting too much draft capital into one team. Might as well take Ty Montgomery in the 3rd too.

Having a stack in general is not always beneficial. If Rodgers goes down Jordy's stats should suffer a decent amount and now you have two bad top picks.

Jordy is a good pick at where he's going but taking a QB early has been proven to not be the smartest choice. Rodgers is already going plenty early at the 2/3 turn but you'd have to take him early in the 2nd round.

If you have an early pick then Rodgers becomes a little better pick but you'd be reaching on Jordy.

It can be done but I think it's a bad idea. Putting too much draft capital into one team. Might as well take Ty Montgomery in the 3rd too.

I don't disagree with you really, but I wouldn't fault someone for doing it. Well, yeah I would because that means taking a QB before the 6th round... which I won't do, but still... if someone is that high on them, I could see the logic. Though, risky as you said.

That's why I say the best one is Evans/Winston. If Winston goes down, Fitzpatrick is a competent enough QB to get Evans the ball. That said, you'd need a pick somewhere around 6 through 9 to get Evans.

Plus, the OP asked about the best stacks... discussing whether they're even a good idea or not is another issue. On topic, Green Bay and Tampa Bay are your two best stack options as both stacks could have players finish in their respective top 5's.

I figured in what it takes to get the players in ranking what a good stack is since it can completely mess up your draft, unless it's an auction.

Cousins and Pryor.

Cousins and Pryor.

this one is intriguing because you should get Pryor later.

I don't disagree with you really, but I wouldn't fault someone for doing it. Well, yeah I would because that means taking a QB before the 6th round... which I won't do, but still... if someone is that high on them, I could see the logic. Though, risky as you said.

That's why I say the best one is Evans/Winston. If Winston goes down, Fitzpatrick is a competent enough QB to get Evans the ball. That said, you'd need a pick somewhere around 6 through 9 to get Evans.

Plus, the OP asked about the best stacks... discussing whether they're even a good idea or not is another issue. On topic, Green Bay and Tampa Bay are your two best stack options as both stacks could have players finish in their respective top 5's.

Best stacks is the topic. Discussing whether stacking is even a good idea or not is in fact on topic.

The OP's title of this thread is "what are the best stacks for this year?"

Some of us believe that is a false premise and are free to point it out.

How about Tyreak Hill and KC DST. Let's say that Hills scores on 4 punt return TDs this year. If you get the TD for Hill and the TD for the KC DST you are sitting in a good spot during those games.

Best stacks is the topic. Discussing whether stacking is even a good idea or not is in fact on topic.

The OP's title of this thread is "what are the best stacks for this year?"

Some of us believe that is a false premise and are free to point it out.

not really. Stacking happens. In this thread we're assuming it is. What is the best stack is the question. If stacking is good is not relevant.

Bradford and Diggs.

Some reason I think that this duo could have a very good season.

not really. Stacking happens. In this thread we're assuming it is. What is the best stack is the question. If stacking is good is not relevant.

That's the way I read it too.

Bradford and Diggs.

Some reason I think that this duo could have a very good season.

You are really going to be lacking in points from the QB position then. Why not just draft a better QB with Diggs and score more points?

Brees/Thomas is another one no one has mentioned...as for the discussion on stacks, I don't take chances by going after them, but if I'm down to two guys at a certain spot and one is a stack it may weigh my decision

or Carr/Crabtree

I'd rather have this stack over Cooper. Better value and could be the same production.

I don't think the Vikings have a better QB to go with Diggs.

This I thought was about QB/ Wr on the same team yes?

Newton-Benjamin based on value.

Newton has tremendous upside right now being projected outside the top 10. The addition of McCaffrey in the passing game gives him a big boost, and with McCaffrey and Olsen working the middle and short area of the field things should open up for Benjamin outside. Plus with 2015 being lost, this is in essence Benjamin's 3rd year.