Sign in to follow this  
Strike

fock I hate vaulted ceilings

What a waste of energy. I have 14 foot ceilings in the living room and mostly 12 foot ceilings in the rest of the house. Sure it looks nice, but 350 dollar a month electricity bills for 6 months out of the year because i have to cool all that extra space suck balls.

My next house will be older just to avoid the vaulted ceilings.

I love vaulted ceilings but we dont get bats in the city.

The worst part about them is when the smoke detector battery goes bad. Fock that thing.

The worst part about them is when the smoke detector battery goes bad. Fock that thing.

And that's another thing. I have the entire HVAC in the house replaced. After the fact the fockers send me the permit they took out with the city and tell me I have to get the city to inspect it. But, because I put new HVAC in, the city requires me to be up to code on smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. So I have to put smoke detectors in all the bedrooms, two of which have high a$$ vaulted ceilings. And they have to be within a foot of the high point. So yeah, what a pain. Then the focker comes to inspect and didn't give a sh*t about that stuff. Took a 30 second look at the furnace and AC units and signed the permit.

:mad:

Luckily it only happens at 3AM :wall:

Also I have some high-ass vaulted ceilings, maybe 18 feet in some areas. Also lots of tile = shiotty acoustics.

and they're hard wired - and they all go off when one goes off... and you don't actually know which one triggered it all...

but I do love the vaulted ceilings and grand, cathedral foyer with the Phantom of The Opera chandelier.

Now finding droppings on the hard wood that I presume is bat poop. Focker was flying all over the house last night.

:mad: :mad:

Now finding droppings on the hard wood that I presume is bat poop. Focker was flying all over the house last night.

That is bat ###### crazy. :shocking:

Be careful as bats are a major reservoir for rabies.

Bat strikes out Strike.

And that's another thing. I have the entire HVAC in the house replaced. After the fact the fockers send me the permit they took out with the city and tell me I have to get the city to inspect it. But, because I put new HVAC in, the city requires me to be up to code on smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. So I have to put smoke detectors in all the bedrooms, two of which have high a$$ vaulted ceilings. And they have to be within a foot of the high point. So yeah, what a pain. Then the focker comes to inspect and didn't give a sh*t about that stuff. Took a 30 second look at the furnace and AC units and signed the permit.

:mad:

Code in MA is smokes and CO in the hallway within a certain number of feet from the door

My post college flophoue apartment with 7 guys had a bar one night. It was a ridiculous scene. I snapped two brooms and a tennis raquet trying to get the focker. It was 3am, I was half drunk still.

Eventually, the trick was the close off areas and turn lights on to get the bat to move, and turn off lights where you want it to go. Eventually it was circling in a smaller room and I hulk smashed it with half broken racquet, used a bucket to cover it, slid a piece of cardboard in the bottom, and tossed everything out the window

Code in MA is smokes and CO in the hallway within a certain number of feet from the door

co/smoke combo on every level At bottom and top of stairways, bedrooms regular smokes within 18" from doorway no closer than 12".

So now the city is insisting we get rabies vaccinations cause on the off chance of exposure once symptoms appear you die like 100% of the time. Yay bats.

He'll be gone when the morning comes. :dunno:

From what I read you have about 7 days from the onset of symptoms so I'll be here until next weekend for sure.

:cheers:

From what I read you have about 7 days from the onset of symptoms so I'll be here until next weekend for sure.

Ts & Ps....get as much titz and pusssy as you can.

So now the city is insisting we get rabies vaccinations cause on the off chance of exposure once symptoms appear you die like 100% of the time. Yay bats.

Well, there has been one documented rabies survivor. Gonna risk it or accept the multiple, painful shots?

Also not true. Can be really delayed onset, even years.

Well, there has been one documented rabies survivor. Gonna risk it or accept the multiple, painful shots?

I read about her. She still has issues with balance and other things so I'll pass on that experience. We are at hospital now waiting to get shots. Congrats to her for graduating college though.