Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2012 Masters Thread**

Come on Phil, or Bubba, or Kuchar. No foreigners!~ :bandana:

Took kooch at 20-1 this morning. that bogey on 16 <_< was probably killer.

So we ended up having our draft last night. One guy took Mike Weir in the 5th round. :doh:

My squad (8 guys, snake draft, choose 9 golfers. I picked 4th)

Lee Westwood

Bubba Watson

KJ Choi

Zach Johnson

Louis Oosthuizen

Robert Karlsson

Ben Crane

Mark Wilson

Scott Verplank

:dunno:

That works :thumbsup:

That works :thumbsup:

And, don't forget that Westwood tied for third.

Simply put, one of the greatest Masters I have ever seen. Such an incredible final day. Kudos to Watson, Oosthuzien, Westwood, Mickelson, Kuchar, and Hanson for putting on quite a show. Just terrific.

Simply put, one of the greatest Masters I have ever seen. Such an incredible final day. Kudos to Watson, Oosthuzien, Westwood, Mickelson, Kuchar, and Hanson for putting on quite a show. Just terrific.

Without a doubt. Very happy to see Bubba win a major. He's such an exciting player. That wedge from the woods on the second playoff hole was just top notch. Wow.....

Absolutely. Kuchar and Stricker at 40-1 are nice return on your investment.

Also, Bubba Watson at 45-1.

Why don't I listen to myself! :wall:

Acreed. I got a little misty eyed myself when Bubba was breaking down after the final put.

man, that tee shot on 4 absolutely killed my boy. He makes 4 there and he's in the playoff. He played really well tee to green other than that one bad shot which also had a bad bounce.

i will take solace in the fact that Bubba defeating Oosty in the playoff won me a smooth 8 bills.

that louis guy was solid, aside from the 2 on the par 5. what a swing and very good putter.

i was rooting for bubba though. i hope he can back it up with more good play ahead.

Has anyone started a pool on when Tiger “Daly” Woods starts hitting the booze and cigs to complete his going full John Daly meltdown?

Has anyone started a pool on when Tiger “Daly” Woods starts hitting the booze and cigs to complete his going full John Daly meltdown?

Haven't you heard? He's "back". That's what all the Woods knob-gobblers were screaming because he finally won some rinky-dink non-major a couple weeks ago. I guess maybe he just didn't feel like showing off this weekend. :lol:

Haven't you heard? He's "back". That's what all the Woods knob-gobblers were screaming because he finally won some rinky-dink non-major a couple weeks ago. I guess maybe he just didn't feel like showing off this weekend. :lol:

Tiger had an off week, it happens to everybody in this game. Golf is very different than almost any other sport that way. For all the talk of how 'bad' Tiger played I find it ironic that he ended up tied for 40th @ +5 with none other than Rory McIlroy. The current next prima donna uber star that is supposed to dominate. I don't hear any people (media/fans) asking questions like "What happened to Rory? Is he done? OMG!@#!".

First folks were saying Tiger would never win. He's done that. Now the field goal's been moved to "He'll never win a another major!". I'm sure after he does that, the field goals will be moved again to "Tiger won't break Jacks record thought!@#!". You'll just keep moving the conversation until it finally works for you. We get it. :rolleyes:

Tiger will be just fine. And so will Rory.

Two things:

1. Louis Oohstisomthing makes me jealous. I want his golf swing. My word is it pure. Dude is good, and youger than I thought he was. He may have some staying power.

2. Bubba's shot on the last playoff hole was legendary. I was just hoping he made it over fairway bunkers and ended up where Louis's ball was. Sonabitch hit it on the green. :shocking:

Great tournament. Even though my golfers played like dog poo.

Tiger had an off week, it happens to everybody in this game.

First folks were saying Tiger would never win. He's done that. :

Tiger's had an off three years, clown. He happened to have a good week at the Arnold Palmer. An off week would indicate he's been kicking ass and had a flukey sucky week. It's the opposite. Get his cack out of your mouth for once and open your eyes.

And who said he'd never win again? It sure as hell wasn't me. 75 different guys have won tournaments since Woods' last win prior to the Arnie. You enter enough tournaments, you're bound to win one. 25 different guys a year do. I've never even said he'd never win another major. I simply said he can kiss Niklaus' record goodbye. Oh, and I may have said a time or two that I'm thrilled that the low-life scumbag ruined what he had going. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Tiger had an off week, it happens to everybody in this game. Golf is very different than almost any other sport that way. For all the talk of how 'bad' Tiger played I find it ironic that he ended up tied for 40th @ +5 with none other than Rory McIlroy. The current next prima donna uber star that is supposed to dominate. I don't hear any people (media/fans) asking questions like "What happened to Rory? Is he done? OMG!@#!".

First folks were saying Tiger would never win. He's done that. Now the field goal's been moved to "He'll never win a another major!". I'm sure after he does that, the field goals will be moved again to "Tiger won't break Jacks record thought!@#!". You'll just keep moving the conversation until it finally works for you. We get it. :rolleyes:

Tiger will be just fine. And so will Rory.

Keep setting up those strawmen... :rolleyes:

Tiger's had an off three years

He's ranked, today, Top 10 in the world. A spot ahead of Phil Mickleson. If that's considered 'off' in your eyes then I'm not sure what metric you're using.

So unless Tiger Woods dominates the Tour like he did a decade ago, in his prime, he is considered "off" in your eyes? That's fairly dumb now isn't it? You either think he dominates or he's off. There are only two answers in your mind on a topic. Rather a simplistic view now isn't it?

I could've ended my post with calling you a name or talk about ghey things like sucking another man's genitals but I leave that stuff to you Newbs. :thumbsup:

Two things:

1. Louis Oohstisomthing makes me jealous. I want his golf swing. My word is it pure. Dude is good, and youger than I thought he was. He may have some staying power.

2. Bubba's shot on the last playoff hole was legendary. I was just hoping he made it over fairway bunkers and ended up where Louis's ball was. Sonabitch hit it on the green. :shocking:

Great tournament. Even though my golfers played like dog poo.

Anyone who watched Louis at the British Open two years ago saw how good he was. He blew that field away. Got hurt shortly afterwards, but is apparently rounding back into form. Oosthuizen is going to be in contention again and again. With Els and Goosen getting old, he and Schwartzel are now the face of South African golf.

Also, how many majors would Lee Westwood have won by now if he could just putt better? Out of the 63 guys that made the cut, Westwood was 61st in putting for the week....and still finished T-3. If Lee could just sink putts, he'd have 8-10 majors already. If you think I'm crazy for saying that, go back and look at his putting stats in majors where he's been in the top three. It is astounding.

Anyone who watched Louis at the British Open two years ago saw how good he was. He blew that field away. Got hurt shortly afterwards,

Exactly. I think most who watched the BO then saw the potential but also wrote it off as 'flukey'. Last weekend, actually the past couple weeks, he's showed it wasn't a fluke and he's here to stay. :thumbsup:

He's ranked, today, Top 10 in the world. A spot ahead of Phil Mickleson. If that's considered 'off' in your eyes then I'm not sure what metric you're using.

So unless Tiger Woods dominates the Tour like he did a decade ago, in his prime, he is considered "off" in your eyes? That's fairly dumb now isn't it? You either think he dominates or he's off. There are only two answers in your mind on a topic. Rather a simplistic view now isn't it?

I could've ended my post with calling you a name or talk about ghey things like sucking another man's genitals but I leave that stuff to you Newbs. :thumbsup:

:lol:

He went from being the undisputed #1 in the world. A guy who many would bet on over the entire field, to a guy who's won one non-major tournemant in the last three years. If you think he hasn't had an 'off' three years since he got busted beoing a familty-hating ###### hound, then you have his load in your eyes and you're blind to the reality of things.

Also, please feel free to finding a post where I said he'll never win another tournament or major. I'm anxiously awaiting that one. You just love making sh!t up to fit your little hissy fits.

I'm not killing tiger. I mean the guy is still a biotch throwing tantrums on the course and then apologizing for them. How many apologies before he grows up?

That said I do think he will win majors and I do think ur is very close.

But gotta agree with newbie, he's had an off 3 years. I don't know for sure but some of his previous dominance must still be factoring into that world ranking.

:lol:

He went from being the undisputed #1 in the world. A guy who many would bet on over the entire field, to a guy who's won one non-major tournemant in the last three years. If you think he hasn't had an 'off' three years since he got busted beoing a familty-hating ###### hound, then you have his load in your eyes and you're blind to the reality of things.

Also, please feel free to finding a post where I said he'll never win another tournament or major. I'm anxiously awaiting that one. You just love making sh!t up to fit your little hissy fits.

The guy is ranked in the Top 10 in the World. What is your big issue here? KSB is dead on with his comments. I'm not a big Tiger fan but the fact that he won a big tourney two weeks ago and seems to be playing much better tells me that he may actually win another major or few. Boy, you are full of rage about Tiger. I can't stand the guy either but it seems that you are the one who is blind to the reality of things, not KSB. Yikes.

I'm not killing tiger. I mean the guy is still a biotch throwing tantrums on the course and then apologizing for them. How many apologies before he grows up?

Is Bubba a 'biotch'? What about Peter Hanson? Is he a biotch too? I saw both those guys either swing at the ground or be very demonstrative witha club after a bad shot. Do you think those guys are biotches too? On number 18 when Hanson made that 8 after one shot he grabbed his club and started taking out chunks of dirt at Augusta. Hardly any talk about that.

Or do you put more weight in that because of 'who' it is (Tiger), and not 'what' he's doing?

I agree that it's not a good look to kick a club or chuck it down or let out a F-Bomb, but I saw several players do it over the weekend. Is it possible that we see Tiger do it more in our eyes, because... well the camera is simply on Tiger more than anybody else normally? It's the law of averages to a certain degree.

Is Bubba a 'biotch'? What about Peter Hanson? Is he a biotch too? I saw both those guys either swing at the ground or be very demonstrative witha club after a bad shot. Do you think those guys are biotches too? On number 18 when Hanson made that 8 after one shot he grabbed his club and started taking out chunks of dirt at Augusta. Hardly any talk about that.

Or do you put more weight in that because of 'who' it is (Tiger), and not 'what' he's doing?

I agree that it's not a good look to kick a club or chuck it down or let out a F-Bomb, but I saw several players do it over the weekend. Is it possible that we see Tiger do it more in our eyes, because... well the camera is simply on Tiger more than anybody else normally? It's the law of averages to a certain degree.

don't know what to tell you buddy, I never saw the Hanson incident or I would call him out on it as well. Didn't see anything remotely close to tiger level from bubba. If u can link me any video on it ill check it out.

Unfortunately tiger is always in the spotlight even when he is 15 back.

I certainly didn't see anyone else throw a club down, turn around and kick it. Tiger or not, that makes you look like a little ######.

The guy is ranked in the Top 10 in the World. What is your big issue here? KSB is dead on with his comments. I'm not a big Tiger fan but the fact that he won a big tourney two weeks ago and seems to be playing much better tells me that he may actually win another major or few. Boy, you are full of rage about Tiger. I can't stand the guy either but it seems that you are the one who is blind to the reality of things, not KSB. Yikes.

The guy's become competitive again. Big deal. He used to be the most dominant golfer in golf history. Now he's won one tournament in three years. And it wasn't even a major.

I realize he's playing a little better this year than the last two, but for God's sake, to hear all the people talking him up for this weekend, and then watching him suck once again and flipping out like a little leaguer, shows us that he's really just the same old loser he's been since being revealed for who he really is.

Nicklaus to me is easily the most dominant golfer in history. Woods had the most torrid stretch of a career that one could have from 1999-2002...but, Jack was just a shade under that for 20 years. More consistently dominant for sure.

I know Woods will contend in majors again. But, winning one is TOUGH. There are plenty of guys out there now who have played better than Tiger the last three years who still haven't won one. Lee Westwood, for example, is the best golfer on the planet hands down over the last five years tee-to-green and he still hasn't been able to capture one due to mediocre putting. Stricker hasn't won one. Donald, DJ, Mahan, and the list goes on and on.

All we really know for sure is that Tiger still has enough game to be in contention some of the time. Beyond that, nothing in golf is ever certain. Winning a major right now is very difficult. The field is the deepest it has ever been.

By the way, as upset as I was with Phil's absurd attempt on the triple bogey hole, how about that flop shot at 15 on Saturday? Without a doubt, one of the greatest golf shots ever. Gotta love lefty just for having the balls to hit that shot.

By the way, as upset as I was with Phil's absurd attempt on the triple bogey hole, how about that flop shot at 15 on Saturday? Without a doubt, one of the greatest golf shots ever. Gotta love lefty just for having the balls to hit that shot.

im as big a phil fan as anyone but i wasnt nearly as impressed with his flop on 15 as everyone else seems to be. i understand the degree of difficulty in that shot and the fact that probably no one other than Phil tries that... and he converted the birdie. But one of the best golf shots ever? I still think his shot off the pine straw was better.

Anyway, that was a BAD tee shot on 4 but wow, what a bad break. If that bounces almost anywhere else he might have made 4. If it bounces where the grandstand is in his way he gets free relief, if it bounces someplace he can get the club on the ball left handed he can hit it in the bunker and get up and down..... A bogey and hes likely in the playoff and might have ended up winning outright as the next 3-4 holes he was deflated.

oh well, i expect to see him in contention at the rest of the majors, including the Open championship where he really blossomed last year in terms of playing links golf.

I remember those from when they came out, Ben Crane is hilarious.. Hunter needs a focking tan. He's from Cali isn't he?

Right country, wrong guy. Henrik Stenson.

All of them do it though.

I certainly didn't see anyone else throw a club down, turn around and kick it. Tiger or not, that makes you look like a little ######.

Ah, was playing all day y-day........ But yea, Tiger looked like Spalding out there - totally uncalled for and stupid. Especially on a hole that (it could be argued) defined his career when he chipped in with the famous NIke swoosh posing for the cameras. However, he was not alone. The tantrum Henrik Stenson threw on #18 was even worse imo. Tiger kicked his club - Henson stopped, loaded, and took a full gouge out of the famed turf on the most manicured course in the world - on full camera to boot. I'm surprised Billy Payne didn't run out on #18 green and kick him in the ass.

Congrats Bubba! Nobody is going to enjoy being Masters champion more than he is going to enjoy being Masters champion.

If I was one of Tigers friends, this would be the advice I'd give him.

Tiger, whats up dude. You need to drop this Sean Foley character. You need to drop all the coaches, all the swing changes and all the mechanics. Just play. Free Wheel'it. Wing' it. Wake up hungover, show up 30 minutes before your tee time, take a couple practice swings, putt a couple on the practice greens and then tee it up. You'll throw up a 66 with a smile. Get Sean Foley, the media, the pundits, the detractors, the haters, the pressure to prove em all wrong. Get it all out of your head. Let it go dude, play for the love of the game. Fock em all, and just play.

If I was one of Tigers friends, this would be the advice I'd give him...

I honestly think that Tiger has no friends. No real friends at least and certainly nobody with the balls to kick him in the pants like his dad used to. What he has been through over the past 5 years would fry anyone's brain. That is why a major is out of his reach.