Sign in to follow this  
Matt Damon moving family to Australia because of Trump...

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/15/matt-damon-moving-family-to-australia-because-of-trump/

Matt Damon is moving his family to Australia in part because the liberal stars fed up with President Trump.

Damon, 47, reportedly has purchased a property in Byron Bay, New South Wales, according to Sydneys Sunday Telegraph. The homes next door to a place owned by Chris Hemsworth with whom Damon recently appeared in Thor: Ragnarok.

A source exclusively tells Page Six: Matts telling friends and colleagues in Hollywood that hes moving the family to Australia because the activist actor disagrees with Trumps policies. The presidents frequently butted heads with liberal Hollywood A-listers including Meryl Streep. The source added, Matts saying the move will not impact his work as he will travel to wherever his projects are shooting. Hes also telling friends he wants to have a safe place to raise his kids. Damon has four children with wife Luciana Barroso.

Perhaps Damons also allowing some of the controversy to die down after he had to publicly apologize for insensitive comments he made about the wave of sexual assault allegations shaking Hollywood. He said on an ABC movie show that the #MeToo allegations should be judged on a spectrum of behavior. But he then told NBCs Today of the remark, I really wish Id listened a lot more before I weighed in on this. Ultimately, what it is for me is that I dont want to further anybodys pain with anything that I do or say. And so for that Im really sorry. Damon and best bud Ben Afflecks production company this week said it would adopt inclusion riders in stars contracts, after Frances McDormand spurred the trend from the stage at the Oscars.

Either way, it looks like Damons cleared his schedule for the big move Down Under: Hes producing a film version of Agatha Christies Witness for the Prosecution for Affleck, 45, to star in but besides a cameo in the upcoming Oceans 8 thats wrapped, Damon has no major projects lined up as an actor.

His last film, Downsizing, was a critical and financial disappointment.

But I am sure he will be back to do movies...

I saw something on 60 Minutes or whatever. The uber wealthy in this country? A ton of them are trying to move to New Zealand. With varying degrees of success. New Zealand is actually quite picky about who gets to move there and get citizenship Etc.

I found that funny, seeing as how most of the people who are moving are probably particularly pissed off at Trump and his stand on immigrants.

• Like 1

You shouldn't bother with the movies. Downsizing sucked. But so did that huge money loser called ironically the wall. In fact, he doesn't have a very good track record at all lately.

Pretty funny really. The real reason is that he’s moving out of California because that’s turned into a totally untenable hole. He’s using Trump as an excuse.

Im sure he has houses all over. If I was rich Id move there to. Not because of trump tho.. just because I could

Bye bye

Guess we will never see Rounders 2

Ones that include guns of course, probably treat women like shitt and he probably runs the seediest casting couch this side of Harvy.

I have never cared what any celebrity does with his or her personal life.

This doesn't change that. Guy can live wherever the fock he wants. I don't care. Just entertain me.

that leaves more for me

Cant really about him doing this, especially if he was one of the "I am moving out of the country if Trump wins" crowd. Cant at turds like Rosie O'Donut at and Alec Baldwin for not keeping their promise and then about someone who is doing what he said he would.

Honestly, I have a much bigger problem with the ass hats like Samantha bee who moved to America, become American citizens after / while making a career of bashing America.

At least Jim Jeffries is honest about it. He flat out admits that he moved to America because there's more money.

I would love to grab Samantha bee and John Oliver by their respective throats and give them a crash course on the absolute bullshiit that are The Sentencing laws in their respective countries.

It's not our fault that nobody, including your own countrymen, give a shiit about you or your own country.

I saw something on 60 Minutes or whatever. The uber wealthy in this country? A ton of them are trying to move to New Zealand. With varying degrees of success. New Zealand is actually quite picky about who gets to move there and get citizenship Etc.

I found that funny, seeing as how most of the people who are moving are probably particularly pissed off at Trump and his stand on immigrants.

Yeah, New Zealand is one of the few countries that forbids HIV+ people from immigrating IIRC

Yeah, New Zealand is one of the few countries that forbids HIV+ people from immigrating IIRC

One of the Nordic countries doesn't allow Downs. Wtf?

It's not contagious.

Anyone else see this?

From your quote - Matts saying the move will not impact his work as he will travel to wherever his projects are shooting.

Cant really ###### about him doing this, especially if he was one of the "I am moving out of the country if Trump wins" crowd. Cant ###### at turds like Rosie O'Donut at and Alec Baldwin for not keeping their promise and then ###### about someone who is doing what he said he would.

If he was doing it to fulfill the promise of leaving if Trump was elected, shouldn't he have done it like 15 months ago?

At least he's true to his word. I'm sure he'll still work in Hollywood though.

Also I wonder what he knew about Harvey? Probably attended a few pizza parties.

Typical liberal. Cant agree with someones policies so they cant even live here. Yea, they really are the most tolerant :rolleyes:

Typical liberal. Cant agree with someones policies so they cant even live here. Yea, they really are the most tolerant :rolleyes:

He cant even tell us what those policies are.

This move is not because of Trump!

So he's resisting Trump's racism by moving to Australia? Good for you Matt!! However, I would have been more impressed if you moved to Africa. Just sayin....

So he's resisting Trump's racism by moving to Australia? Good for you Matt!! However, I would have been more impressed if you moved to Africa. Just sayin....

Lol. Yeah, they never seem to want to go to Mexico or Egypt.

I have never cared what any celebrity does with his or her personal life.

This doesn't change that. Guy can live wherever the fock he wants. I don't care. Just entertain me.

This. Do you have a PhD in economics and did a study which showed why some policy is bad? I'm all ears.

Do you memorize lines for a living and speak them in a way that entertains me? Move wherever you want dude. :thumbsup: