Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

Height, Weight, BMI **Check-in here**

5'10

:wave:

Bod Pod shows 178 lean mass, large frame, ideal weight 200-230. So I need to cut 20..

BMI is a bit antiquated... but works for some folks I suppose.

@ 5'10 I can't weigh more than 167 on the BMI... apparently zero fat me still weighs 178. :D

There are exceptions, you are one

Im damn near overweight according to BMI. Its ridiculous because if I lost 5 pounds Id look practically emaciated. In fact I need to gain some muscle weight

6 foot 2

225 lbs

28.89 :shocking:

I challenge any of you 'mos to call me fat. Cause if I am able to catch ya, I will kick your a**

6 foot 2

225 lbs

I challenge any of you 'mos to call me fat. Cause if I am able to catch ya, I will kick your a**

Youre fat

6 foot 2

225 lbs

:lol:

5'10

:wave:

Bod Pod shows 178 lean mass, large frame, ideal weight 200-230. So I need to cut 20..

BMI is a bit antiquated... but works for some folks I suppose.

@ 5'10 I can't weigh more than 167 on the BMI... apparently zero fat me still weighs 178. :D

BMI works for most folks - you are one of the few outliers due to excess muscle mass. But you still aint ideal weight, fatty :wave:
  • Like 1

Yeah well after realizing how overweight I actually was and going through the weight loss, then seeing how little fat I had on my body, I am definitely not a little over weight. I do have a pretty good amount of muscle.

OK, do you prefer pudgy?

Im damn near overweight according to BMI. Its ridiculous because if I lost 5 pounds Id look practically emaciated. In fact I need to gain some muscle weight

Again, it’s a problem of perception. No way in hell are you anywhere near emaciated.

Again, it’s a problem of perception. No way in hell are you anywhere near emaciated.

So what you are saying is that if I am used to looking at a fatass for years and then drop 50 lbs (currently down 25 from my all-time high) , I will appear to be too skinny?

• Like 1

I'm morbidly obese, according to BMI.

6'0, 255, 34.6

I'm the furthest thing from fat though.

So what you are saying is that if I am used to looking at a fatass for years and then drop 50 lbs (currently down 25 from my all-time high) , I will appear to be too skinny?

Why you asking? You know youre fat ass cant do it, if you could, you would have done it by now.

I feel like I'm qualified to speak for Pen here.

Penultimatestraw: Precisely, you're a man among men. Send me pics in PM, please.

BMI works for most folks - you are one of the few outliers due to excess muscle mass. But you still aint ideal weight, fatty :wave:

:angry: :lol:

Why you asking? You know youre fat ass cant do it, if you could, you would have done it by now.

Halfway there, my man. Second half will be much tougher admittedly.

6 foot 2

225 lbs

I'll call you fat to your fat focking face, fatty mcgee :mad:

6 foot 2

225 lbs

I'm right there with you

6'2"

"Overweight"

Lol...uhhh...sure.

I'll call you fat to your fat focking face, fatty mcgee :mad:

I am pretty accurate on the course ...under the guise of "oh crap man, that was a hosel rocket......you ok?"

I am pretty accurate on the course ...under the guise of "oh crap man, that was a hosel rocket......you ok?"

:D

6'0, 255, 34.6

Youre an inch taller than me and outweigh me by 80 pounds.

Youre fat.

• Like 1

Which is it? Are you "Tubby" Mcgee or the farthest thing from fat. Can't have it both ways!!!

6'

Id have to be 175 to be considered normal weight. I weighed that while running track in high school and looked like I was a starving child back then.

Would like to get back to 195-200, pretty comfortable at that weight...but it took marathon training to get to that point. Been starting to run a bit more after shaking off nagging ankle injuries...knees starting to get a bit more troublesome though. May be switching over to more biking.

Again, its a problem of perception. No way in hell are you anywhere near emaciated.

I suppose youre probably right. Americans are fat and Im comparing myself to other Americans.

6'2

About 1 BM per day

Youre an inch taller than me and outweigh me by 80 pounds.

Youre fat.

Yeah I kinda assumed tubby was joking. But if not: dude you are fat. Sorry :(

6'

Id have to be 175 to be considered normal weight. I weighed that while running track in high school and looked like I was a starving child back then.

Would like to get back to 195-200, pretty comfortable at that weight...but it took marathon training to get to that point. Been starting to run a bit more after shaking off nagging ankle injuries...knees starting to get a bit more troublesome though. May be switching over to more biking.

Yeah,my doc once told me I should be 155-160 got down to 200 wearing 34 waist,felt great but was getting asked if I was sick with the big C by friends,can't even imagine being at 160 and feeling comfortable.

6'0, 255, 34.6

You're just tubby...

mcgee

5'10

Why should I know my BMI?

True good point....if i was under 6 feet and weight less than 200 as a man....id just be worried an actual grown man didnt mistake me for the opposite sex and lay me down like a lady. :)

True good point....if i was under 6 feet and weight less than 200 as a man....id just be worried an actual grown man didnt mistake me for the opposite sex and lay me down like a lady. :)

No I just don't know where everyone is getting these set numbers from. I used the calculator and it gave me a range of 5 points.

6'

You dont need to train for a marathon, you just have to not be a pvssy

Shaun Bradley had a BMI of 15.9

when he played college

5'9" 155 lbs, 22.9

went from in shape to some dad bod with the kids. Was probably 150 in shape, traded some muscle for fat.

I have gained 10 pounds in the last 2 years. I even increased my exercise regimen with no success in getting rid of that weight.

I have gained 10 pounds in the last 2 years. I even increased my exercise regimen with no success in getting rid of that weight.

Decrease your eating regimen. Fatty.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net HTH

Bout 175

Same. I had been down to 160 but that was in my last job where I never traveled and could eat healthy all of the time. I'd like to get down to 170.

On a related note, I just did a comprehensive metabolic test. At rest I burn 2300 Calories/day (vs. a predicted 1700) and it is 100% fat, which explains my general slimness (although BMI puts me near obese). As I increase my heart rate I start to increase carb burning to a crossover point at around 115 bpm. Fat burning then drops pretty precipitously and by 135 bpm I burn all carbs, which (1) I don't really intake, and (2) creates lactic acid build-up which causes my body to give up in a short period. Contrast this to my wife who hits that point at around 155 bpm; she can do burpees for an hour and still feel fine. Supposedly if I spend the next 3 months mostly building up my "zone 2" aerobic base (101-116 bpm) I can push that crossover point out and generate higher endurance. I will tell you that that heart range does not feel like exercise so this is going to be tough, but the engineer in me is interested in the experiment. :cheers: