Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

There are many stupid geeks, but I am the king

I was almost done with a project to change out some leaky control valves, but instead of being patient i tried to force a connection together which caused a crack at the arrow in the picture.

Cracking the pipe at this T joint means i need to dig out another few feet of dirt in two directions and probably two trips to home depot. One to buy the parts and another to buy the parts that i missed on the first trip.

Being impatient cost me a couple hours :wall:

https://imgur.com/a/Q0cq1

• Like 1

I've done stupid sh!t like that man. When doing a project like that I find I have to map out everything, dry fit everything then be very deliberate because Murphy is always waiting.

Doh :doh:

Meh, no big deal its pvc. Cut and glue blammo done. Hardest part is digging. For electrical pvc conduit they make a repair kit, 2 halves that wrap around the crack/break and glue together. Im not sure if they make it for plumbing.

I just threw away a lifetime of guilt-free sex and floor seats for every sporting event in Madison Square Garden.

I just threw away a lifetime of guilt-free sex and floor seats for every sporting event in Madison Square Garden.

shoulda swallowed

I was almost done with a project to change out some leaky control valves, but instead of being patient i tried to force a connection together which caused a crack at the arrow in the picture.

Cracking the pipe at this T joint means i need to dig out another few feet of dirt in two directions and probably two trips to home depot. One to buy the parts and another to buy the parts that i missed on the first trip.

Being impatient cost me a couple hours :wall:

https://imgur.com/a/Q0cq1

Man, I don't know how you did that with that big bright red arrow pointing right at it. Didn't you notice that before you started the work?

Driving down to the lake and got lost. Familiar territory for me but in a daydream trance I was on the wrong road taking turns and directions for another road.

Rural back roads all look the same.

End up about 10 miles from my destination until I found a familiar landmark.

That's when I had a moment of clarity...I am a dumbass

Well thats a story that needs tellin

Well thats a story that needs tellin

It is George from Seinfeld when he proclaims himself king of the idiots.

I don't know - I melted an entire plastic bowl of Halloween candy in the oven, bowl and all...... It was a toxic mess and biitch to clean up. :doh:

I don't know - I melted an entire plastic bowl of Halloween candy in the oven, bowl and all...... It was a toxic mess and biitch to clean up. :doh:

I remember that. :D

Also, the next time I do a project with a single trip to the HW store will be the first time. :cheers:

Also, the next time I do a project with a single trip to the HW store will be the first time. :cheers:

The second trip is expected, I start getting a little po'ed on trip 3...

:mad:

Back in my drinking days I once built a workbench in my basement. The top was a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood and I did most of the work with the bench on its side. When finally finished I proudly flipped it up on its legs and realized to my drunken dismay that the top of the bench was right around my chest level.

I remember that. :D

The 2nd trip (and there's always a 2nd trip) - I cave and get one of those hot dogs from the stand outside.. Damn those are good - and the Stand very strategically placed.