Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

If Collusion Isn't Against The Rules, Then Would You Try It?

I ask this question because people say that if tanking isn't against the rules, then it's fair game, but what about collusion? I'll give some examples below.

Scenario 1: Team A trades players to Team B and they agree to split any earnings

Scenario 2: Team C trades star players to Team D, but it is for what the league has determined as fair-market value. There is no agreement to split earnings, but Team C wants to trade to Team D because he dislikes the other owners in the league and wants to make things tougher for them.

Scenario 3: Team E agrees to not enter into trade talks that Team F is involved in, because Teams E and F have a close personal bond. Likewise, Team F agrees to not enter into trade talks if Team E is involved, but Team G wants to hear bids from all interested teams.
Scenario 4: Team H agrees to trade a certain package of draft picks to Team I, if Team I beats Team H in their matchup that week. The trade would still be for fair-market-value though. Also assume that teams have been able to make low-stakes bets like this in the past, but this particular instance definitely raises the stakes. No rule against bets though.

Scenario 5: Team J makes a bid on a free agent. Team J cannot increase his own bid on the player, so he asks Team K to increase the bid, so that Team J can come in after him and bid the player up again to the price that he wants. Team J is successful in doing this.
Scenario 6: The commissioner sends out mass texts to everyone in the league telling them to increase the bid on a star free agent. The commissioner is successful in doing this.

Please discuss below. Thanks

Please stop with the complicated commish schtick. Whatever GC alias you are, its not amusing, its just kind of odd.

Please stop with the complicated commish schtick. Whatever GC alias you are, its not amusing, its just kind of odd.

I'm just asking questions man. I can talk players, sure, but rules and commishing is my main interest tbh. More applicable to a career too I think, but numbers and analysis of players is good too I guess.

I'm just asking questions man. I can talk players, sure, but rules and commishing is my main interest tbh. More applicable to a career too I think, but numbers and analysis of players is good too I guess.

No you arent. You troll with annoying and convoluted questions about intricate commish rules and scenarios. Ive checked the post history, youve asked like 10 of these. Its like a strange autistic form of trolling.

1 is clear collusion.

2.is not

3. Is not

4.is not

Is a trade not you and another owner each entering into an agreement in an effort to improve your teams and only your teams? Tradebacks meet that criteria.

Collusion only occurs when one player willingly hurts his own team to help another team.

People just quickly jump the the conclusion that tradebacks are collusion because it's a catchy sound bite. But when you think about it, that stance is illogical.

No you arent. You troll with annoying and convoluted questions about intricate commish rules and scenarios. Ive checked the post history, youve asked like 10 of these. Its like a strange autistic form of trolling.

This. Please stop posting stuff like this lone star

This. Please stop posting stuff like this lone star

You guys should stop replying. Maybe that would help your cause.

I ask this question because people say that if tanking isn't against the rules, then it's fair game, but what about collusion? I'll give some examples below.

Scenario 1: Team A trades players to Team B and they agree to split any earnings

Scenario 2: Team C trades star players to Team D, but it is for what the league has determined as fair-market value. There is no agreement to split earnings, but Team C wants to trade to Team D because he dislikes the other owners in the league and wants to make things tougher for them.

Scenario 3: Team E agrees to not enter into trade talks that Team F is involved in, because Teams E and F have a close personal bond. Likewise, Team F agrees to not enter into trade talks if Team E is involved, but Team G wants to hear bids from all interested teams.

Scenario 4: Team H agrees to trade a certain package of draft picks to Team I, if Team I beats Team H in their matchup that week. The trade would still be for fair-market-value though. Also assume that teams have been able to make low-stakes bets like this in the past, but this particular instance definitely raises the stakes. No rule against bets though.

Please discuss below. Thanks

Tell Scenario 1 to get a room and have a helmet bumping contest.

Tell Scenario 2 to find another league.

Tell Scenario 3 to take their meds.

Tell Scenario 4 to bend over and take turns spanking each other.

Is a trade not you and another owner each entering into an agreement in an effort to improve your teams and only your teams? Tradebacks meet that criteria.

Collusion only occurs when one player willingly hurts his own team to help another team.

People just quickly jump the the conclusion that tradebacks are collusion because it's a catchy sound bite. But when you think about it, that stance is illogical.

I like the analysis. Thanks.

We all have our own interests. I'm super interested in ethics, rules, and commish decisions.

But this does pose a good question, can someone be trolling unintentionally? Because I can assure you trolling is not my intent at all.

ROFLMAO... What is going on...

:overhead:

Added two other scenarios just now.

Please add more. If you can get to 50 I think you'll get a lot more replies.

A career in what? A lawyer that specializes in settling fantasy football disputes?

A career in what? A lawyer that specializes in settling fantasy football disputes?

Those do exist. But I was just talking about rulemaking, writing out policies & procedures, creating a new entity, and other forms of drafting.

Whats the angle on Scenario 6? IDGI.

Yeah, I should have explained that it is restricted free agency. The team that owned the player last season has the right of last refusal, so it could be seen as the Commish and others colluding against that one owner to put him in a precarious financial position. Either that or just risk losing the star player.