Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Marshawn Lynch...Any news on groin injury? Can’t find anything.

Probably will miss time. Raiders are on a bye this week. Doug Martin will probably start in his place, but Jalen Richard has gotten a lot of targets and the Raiders will be playing from behind a lot this season.

I thought Martin would be the next one up, but I agree I think it will be Richard.

Martin will be the next man up, but Richard could very well be the guy to own if ya had to choose. Kind of a Breida/Morris situation, where Breida was the one to nab. Richard will likely be the better bet. Also Richard is 208 lbs, so he can run between tackles if needed. Could be a 3 down back.

i didnt see anything on it either.. rotoworld mentioned it.. but other than that.. crickets

Coach John Gruden said the Raiders are "concerned" about the health of Lynch's groin, Matt Kawahara of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Spin: Gruden called the injury a "strain," which could stem from his groin issue on the team's Week 1 injury report. In the midst of their bye week, the Raiders will continue to evaluate Lynch with the hope that he'll be OK for their next game, Oct. 28 against the Colts. If he ultimately needs some time off, Jalen Richard would be next in line for touches out of the backfield. Beyond Richard, Doug Martin and DeAndre Washington are the remaining RB options.

Just picked up Richard (I have Lynch)...guy has 31 catches already and decent flex play in a ppr league. Could be pretty valuable if Lynch misses time

From CBS:

Marshawn Lynch is no sure thing after the bye

This kind of came out of nowhere, but it sure sounds like the Raiders are concerned Lynch could have a multi-week absence. The interesting thing about this is that it happened before the Raiders' bye, so we may not know for at least another week how serious this is, and no one is going to rush to the waiver wire to add his replacements.

I used a plural there because this would just turn into another committee, which it kind of has been already. Jalen Richard has dominated action when the Raiders have been down, which looks like it will be most of the second half. In PPR he could become a top-25 back if Lynch was sidelined. A majority of the carries would likely go to Doug Martin, who hasn't been great so far but could benefit from a role that includes goal-line work.

For now, Richard and Martin are deep-league adds, but they could grow more relevant over the next week.

Gruden stated 2-3 weeks ago Martin only needed opportunity, but noted Lynch was running well which limited Martin's playing time...If...Lynch as hinted is out for a period of time, my opinion its Martin position to lose, possibly with a heavy work load and a solid Oakland O-Line he could be a serviceable addition or fantasy fill-in...Richard who has been productive as a a receiver though his rushing stats are bad in 2018 would see a uptick with a few more touches, but still 2nd fiddle to Martin unless Martin falters badly as the featured back....If they are on waivers take gamble on Martin now, if he replaces a injured Lynch could help adding fantasy depth as a starting back at a low risk.....

Gruden stated 2-3 weeks ago Martin only needed opportunity, but noted Lynch was running well which limited Martin's playing time...If...Lynch as hinted is out for a period of time, my opinion its Martin position to lose, possibly with a heavy work load and a solid Oakland O-Line he could be a serviceable addition or fantasy fill-in...Richard who has been productive as a a receiver though his rushing stats are bad in 2018 would see a uptick with a few more touches, but still 2nd fiddle to Martin unless Martin falters badly as the featured back....If they are on waivers take gamble on Martin now, if he replaces a injured Lynch could help adding fantasy depth as a starting back at a low risk.....

He’s been faltering for a few seasons now.

He was a great value and a target of mine this year, and got some good games outta him....but this has me concerned. May turn out alright, but at his age things take longer to heal, and if he decides to play through it, it could really slow his ROS production down. Always possible that he ends up like Freeman on IR if surgery is required.

If h does play on, I could definitely see Gruden really limiting his snaps, allowing Martin and Richards to bleed him dry. Actually thinking about just moving on, by trying to get something in a trade or just dropping him for an upside flyer.