Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

Saw that... Makes one wonder...

Wonder what?

It's obvious the players and balls are juiced.

Only the poor minor leaguers are the ones getting popped.

The guys with the coin can avoid testing positive.

Before yesterday's slate 24 games postponed in 19 days due to weather.

Red Sox have an easier division than the Patriots.

Wonder what?

It's obvious the players and balls are juiced.

Only the poor minor leaguers are the ones getting popped.

The guys with the coin can avoid testing positive.

Oh I know... Just makes one wonder how come there isn't the question any more...

Oh I know... Just makes one wonder how come there isn't the question any more...

they learned their lesson from last time.

Ratings are WAY down across the board too. (weather has had some impact)

MLB will cease to exist in our lifetime, unless major changes are made.

MLB will cease to exist in our lifetime, unless major changes are made.

Nah, the fans come out with warmer weather. Always do.

Would be nice if MLB lost so much money that they brought salaries and ticket prices down. That won't happen either. The sport itself is the safest of all of them.

Would be nice if MLB lost so much money that they brought salaries and ticket prices down. That won't happen either. The sport itself is the safest of all of them.

Major League Baseball would be better, and less vulnerable to weather, with 142-game season

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2018/04/16/major-league-baseball-would-better-and-less-vulnerable-weather-142-game-season/521554002/

And fewer teams. If any American sport would benefit from the European soccer model of 20ish teams in the top league and promotion/relegation it's baseball.

I'm okay with the Royals ticket prices,I quit going because last time I had to pay $13 for an 8 oz. Tank 7 beer,fock that.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-money/least-most-expensive-baseball-stadiums-watch-game/#27

Most and Least Expensive Stadiums for MLB Fans to Watch a Ballgame PER PERSON

1. Cost to Attend Yankee Stadium: $95
Two tickets: $42
Two hot dogs: $6
Two beers: $12
Parking: $35
The new Yankee Stadium might be the most expensive stadium in the MLB, but it holds onto much of the mystique, charm and history associated with its predecessor — the legendary "House That Ruth Built." There are, however, plenty of modern amenities that didn't exist in the former home of the Bronx Bombers — not the least of which is cupholders in every seat. You'll pay more to catch the Yankees play at home than you would for any other club, but then again, no other club is the winningest and most storied team in baseball. Spend some more time in the Big Apple exploring the sights — eight of the most popular U.S. tourist attractions are in the city.
The Yankees had an impressive playoff run last season, winning the wildcard game and the division in a five-game series before falling to the mighty Houston Astros.
2. Cost to Attend Safeco Field: $92.83
Two tickets: $51.33
Two hot dogs: $9.50
Parking: $20
Looking to catch a Seattle Mariners home game? Even the cheap tickets are expensive. When you get there, however, you'll likely find the atmosphere is worth the cost. Many stadiums have retractable roofs, but not like the partial roof at Safeco Field, which preserves the feel of an open-air stadium even when it's closed. The greenest park in the league, Safeco Field recycles 70 percent of all game-related waste and consumes just a trickle of water and energy compared to other parks.
The Mariners haven't been to the playoffs since 2001. That's not just the longest postseason drought in baseball, but in all of America professional sports.
3. Cost to Attend Fenway Park: $91
Two tickets: $30
Two hot dogs: $10.50
Two beers: $15.50
Parking: $35
The cost of a hot dog at Fenway Park is 75 percent more expensive than a hot dog at Yankee Stadium. It's also tied for the league's most expensive beer, and it charges the most for parking by a mile. But the iconic home of the Boston Red Sox is worth a pilgrimage for die-hard fans, for history if nothing else. The oldest stadium in baseball, Fenway Park — and the notorious Green Monster that looms over left field — was the site of some of the most historic moments in baseball since the stadium was built in 1912. See more American history after the game by walking the Boston Freedom Trail.
Last season, the Red Sox had a nice playoff run that was cut short by the eventual World Series champion Houston Astros.
4. Cost to Attend Citi Field: $83.67
Two tickets: $36.67
Two hot dogs: $12.50
Two beers: $11.50
Parking: $23
Historic but crowded and dilapidated, Shea Stadium was the home of the New York Mets from 1964 to 2006. Unlike so many teams that upgraded their digs with added seats, the Mets actually lost 15,000 spectator seats with the arrival of Citi Field, which focuses on something that was painfully absent from Shea — aisle space and leg room.
This year, the Mets hope to improve on their fourth-place standing in the National League East.
5. Cost to Attend Globe Life Park: $80.33
Two tickets: $39.33
Two hot dogs: $12
Parking: $17
If you go to see the Texas Rangers play in Arlington, you'll probably notice a lot more going on besides just baseball. The massive stadium is home to a four-story office building, a children's learning facility and a museum dedicated to America's favorite pastime. The exterior of the complex boasts a youth baseball park, recreation area and 12-acre lake.
The Rangers didn't make the playoffs last year, and their spot is by no means assured in the future. But with a healthy stable of heavy bats, Texas is poised to be a high-scoring team this year.

I only added the top 5 highest.

If you go to see the Texas Rangers play in Arlington, you'll probably notice a lot more going on besides just baseball. The massive stadium is home to a four-story office building, a children's learning facility and a museum dedicated to America's favorite pastime. The exterior of the complex boasts a youth baseball park, recreation area and 12-acre lake.
The Rangers didn't make the playoffs last year, and their spot is by no means assured in the future. But with a healthy stable of heavy bats, Texas is poised to be a high-scoring team this year.

I've not traveled for many road games, but imo - the Ballpark is one of the most beautiful baseball parks in all of baseball. According to several of my buddies who have been to several other parks - they agree as well..... For the life of me, I can't believe they are going to tear it down and build a new one....... The Rangers' front office and the poosay fans are making a huge mistake. Those dumbasses think that by adding a roof - attendance will boom and top line FA players will flock to this team.

NEWS FLASH - THEY'RE NOT.

* Texas and the City of Arlington is always going to be 2nd fiddle to the Cowboys.

* When the Rangers suck, they rank around 15th in League attendance.

* When the Rangers are winning, they rank around 9th in League attendance - the WS years, they got into the top 5.

* Texas is an upper middle baseball market - that's what they are, that's what they are always going to be. Air conditioning isn't going to change that.

The new mega-multi purpose entertainment park they are building is going to fail. All the restaurants, the hotel, the complex - it's going to go down in flames.. Why? Geography for one... Arlington sits smack in the middle of both Dallas and Ft. Worth, and an hour away from the growing burbs of Frisco, McKinney, etc.. People aren't driving that far out of their way, passing up Dallas and Ft. Worth - to hang out - then hump it an hour back.. The other problem is this team. I don't care how cold you crank the a/c up - winning puts butts in seats, not air conditioning. And fans damn sure aren't going to pay out the ass prices to watch a shiit ass team - which the Rangers are.. and by all accounts - will be for a while.

I've not traveled for many road games, but imo - the Ballpark is one of the most beautiful baseball parks in all of baseball. According to several of my buddies who have been to several other parks - they agree as well..... For the life of me, I can't believe they are going to tear it down and build a new one....... The Rangers' front office and the poosay fans are making a huge mistake. Those dumbasses think that by adding a roof - attendance will boom and top line FA players will flock to this team.

NEWS FLASH - THEY'RE NOT.

* Texas and the City of Arlington is always going to be 2nd fiddle to the Cowboys.

* When the Rangers suck, they rank around 15th in League attendance.

* When the Rangers are winning, they rank around 9th in League attendance - the WS years, they got into the top 5.

* Texas is an upper middle baseball market - that's what they are, that's what they are always going to be. Air conditioning isn't going to change that.

The new mega-multi purpose entertainment park they are building is going to fail. All the restaurants, the hotel, the complex - it's going to go down in flames.. Why? Geography for one... Arlington sits smack in the middle of both Dallas and Ft. Worth, and an hour away from the growing burbs of Frisco, McKinney, etc.. People aren't driving that far out of their way, passing up Dallas and Ft. Worth - to hang out - then hump it an hour back.. The other problem is this team. I don't care how cold you crank the a/c up - winning puts butts in seats, not air conditioning. And fans damn sure aren't going to pay out the ass prices to watch a shiit ass team - which the Rangers are.. and by all accounts - will be for a while.

I was pretty shocked to learn they were planning to tear it down. They just opened the damned thing in the mid 90s, and at the time, it was hailed as the greatest in the land.

It just seems like a horrendous waste all the way around.

Jesus Christ, whoever said that the park in Arlington is one of the best is a complete fvcking moron. It wouldnt even crack my top five of the ones Ive been to.

Jesus Christ, whoever said that the park in Arlington is one of the best is a complete fvcking moron. It wouldnt even crack my top five of the ones Ive been to.

I know several.... That's too bad.

I know several.... That's too bad.

Are they comparing it to the abortion here in Houston? Im curious to what parks theyre comparing it to. Its just a cookie cutter stadium.

Granted I haven't been to many new stadiums, but of the 20 or so I have been to, nothing came close to Old Comiskey or Old Tiger. Not even Wrigley or Fenway.

In the "new" era, Oriole Park and Nats Park are very nice, can't imagine that any other park is much better or worse.

Are they comparing it to the abortion here in Houston? Im curious to what parks theyre comparing it to. Its just a cookie cutter stadium.

Ironically, one of them is from Houston.. He's an A&M grad, former F-16 pilot - now flies for Delta.

The Ballpark is built in the mode of an "old style" park - and I love that. I'm 48 - so it's as close an experience to attending a game back in the day as I'm going to get... Aside from that, I love everything about it. The layout, the aesthetics, the dimensions, the underlying infrastructure - you name it................ Now if you want to talk about a pig of a ballpark - that was the old Arlington Stadium. Jeebus that thing was shiit hole... I have a ton of childhood memories from there, but It was still a p.o.s.

Granted I haven't been to many new stadiums, but of the 20 or so I have been to, nothing came close to Old Comiskey or Old Tiger. Not even Wrigley or Fenway.

In the "new" era, Oriole Park and Nats Park are very nice, can't imagine that any other park is much better or worse.

Camden is a good one, but for me, one of the best is Pittsburgh.

Now if you want to talk about a pig of a ballpark - that was the old Arlington Stadium. Jeebus that thing was shiit hole... I have a ton of childhood memories from there, but It was still a p.o.s.

Arlington and Exhibition where the Jays played should go on record as being the worst ever. There are better High School fields.

Lots of Yankees in that montage. That's why they call them the Bronx Bombers.

Lots of Yankees in that montage. That's why they call them the Bronx Bombers.

They just get the better steroids...

They just get the better steroids...

Doesn't bother me, but you can pretend it does. Enjoy.

Doesn't bother me, but you can pretend it does. Enjoy.

I really don't care if it bothers your or not, but it is the truth...

I really don't care if it bothers your or not, but it is the truth...

I think you care.

First time I get to watch the Jap Angel pitch and Betts takes him deep to start the game.

Lol

Pulled after giving up 4 runs in 2 innings

I stayed up for this?

Pulled after giving up 4 runs in 2 innings

I stayed up for this?

Sounds like a blister based on what he threw for pitches and the early hook. No inside info

ETA: that or bad sushi for lunch

I would like some acknowledgement after the announcement that Ohtani had a blister. Even more prescient am I that I called this after seeing 2 minutes of play because I was watching the Celtics game. :lol:

Even better is that Johnny Gomes brought a baseball from Japan when he played and he did a comparison in the 4th inning. The Japanese balls are more tacky and slightly smaller. Interesting stuff, but many teams, including the Red Sox have had successful Japanese pitchers

I would like some acknowledgement after the announcement that Ohtani had a blister. Even more prescient am I that I called this after seeing 2 minutes of play because I was watching the Celtics game. :lol:

Even better is that Johnny Gomes brought a baseball from Japan when he played and he did a comparison in the 4th inning. The Japanese balls are more tacky and slightly smaller. Interesting stuff, but many teams, including the Red Sox have had successful Japanese pitchers

Acknowledged. I went to bed in disgust before they got into all that.

I wondered wtf was going on when they were talking about him not not being able to get on top of the ball.

I think you care.

If it makes you feel important, then believe it...

Poor Cueto, given up 2 hits in 7 innings and 1 hit in 7 innings, zero runs in both and got 2 no decisions. Where will he be in September? Not in San Fran.

Mookie went for his second. Ohtani out and Sox up 8-0 in the 3rd

Mookie only hit one of Ohtani. They hit 6 as a team :o

last team that started 14 and 2 was 2003 SFG