Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan after two seasons

Just now:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-fire-gm-scot-mccloughan-after-two-seasons/2017/03/09/652aa4f0-04fc-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.464bf12b05ef

...McCloughan’s ouster leaves the Redskins with limited options for directing their roster-building strategy. NFL tampering rules prohibit them from wooing away any currently employed general managers. In the interim, it appears, Redskins President Bruce Allen will oversee upcoming decisions on free agency and the draft...

I wonder if this was due to the mishandling of the Kirk Cousins situation.

I think it's because Allen is a maniac. Rotoworld had a blurb along the lines of Bruce Allen and the coaches winning the control battle with the GM... Bruce Allen is the focking owner! Is there any outcome where he doesn't have control of his own team in the end?

Bruce Allen is the President.

Daniel Snyder is the Owner.

I hate the Redskins!

Stories are all over the place. I don't know what to believe. Some are major alcohol abuse related.

I don't care what is true or not. I want Allen gone. He's useless.

Stories are all over the place. I don't know what to believe. Some are major alcohol abuse related.

I don't care what is true or not. I want Allen gone. He's useless.

I always felt he & Snyder may have been the root of the problem in Washington.

Of course Snyder stays as he owns the team, but if Allen goes, I cant help but think the organization would be better in the long run for it.

Skins are using alcohol abuse to cover Allen being petty and jealous of Scott and pushing him out. Running out the best true football mind in the operation in favor of Allens preference for yes men toadies. Synder will never win, instead he'll continue to p!ss on the legacy of a once great franchise.

• Like 1

Skins are using alcohol abuse to cover Allen being petty and jealous of Scott and pushing him out. Running out the best true football mind in the operation in favor of Allens preference for yes men toadies. Synder will never win, instead he'll continue to p!ss on the legacy of a once great franchise.

I feel this way too. I find it impossible to believe they could keep the alleged alcohol abuse totally secret for two years. That's not how it goes in DC. Fewer and fewer people are buying the story Allen and Snyder are selling.

They'd rather take all the credit for losing than get none of it for winning.

Ahh. Yes that makes more sense.

I think it's a bit shameful the team leaked alcohol abuse for McGloughlans poor performance.

Ahh. Yes that makes more sense.

I think it's a bit shameful the team leaked alcohol abuse for McGloughlans poor performance.

No, you're misreading what the story is. They are leaking the alleged abuse due to his GOOD performance. Allen reportedly couldn't deal with being the behind the scenes President. They've been at odds since day one.

Callers on local radio are not buying the Redskins story of abuse. Think about the cover up story about the grandmother. A couple days ago they were saying he'd be back in a week. You go from that to fired???? I smell a rat.

The cover up/excuses that were made about his absence at the combine, the refusal to refute the (planted) alcohol story by Cooley, and the late leaks of discord over players all adds up to = Bruce & Danny kicking Scott out of the sandbox for outshining them. Damn shame.

• Like 1

No, you're misreading what the story is. They are leaking the alleged abuse due to his GOOD performance. Allen reportedly couldn't deal with being the behind the scenes President. They've been at odds since day one.

Callers on local radio are not buying the Redskins story of abuse. Think about the cover up story about the grandmother. A couple days ago they were saying he'd be back in a week. You go from that to fired???? I smell a rat.

I'm with you on this one, Kent.

Cooley was on the radio this morning trying to absolve himself from planting the story, when it was quite clear to most of us that's exactly what he did. Cooley didn't just say "He's not drinking, is he?" for no reason. That was intentional. It was shameful. It was quite off-putting for me, because I've lost close friends due to alcohol addiction. One of my best childhood friends died last year of cirrhosis of the liver, so it really got under my skin.

• Like 1

People who play dirty to tend to get ahead and sometimes stay there but I do love when they are exposed and left hanging! Ha!

Rotoworld:

"Chick Hernandez of CSN Mid-Atlantic reports Kirk Cousins will not negotiate a long-term deal with the Redskins as long as Bruce Allen remains team president.

Hernandez went on to say Cousins' viewpoint of Allen and the way the situation with ex-GM Scot McCloughan was handled is shared by "most of the players." Surprisingly, employees seem to take umbrage when their boss publicly flogs a different employee with rumors which may or may not be true. While Cousins looks destined to stick around in Washington this season, it seems all but certain he will bolt next spring, leaving the Redskins without the quality talent evaluator they ran out of town and a franchise quarterback. This is fine.

I guess Daniel Snyder is finding out he may have allowed the wrong exec to be let go both from a business and civil legal consequence perspective.

Its another fine mess you've gotten us into Bruce!

The cover up/excuses that were made about his absence at the combine, the refusal to refute the (planted) alcohol story by Cooley, and the late leaks of discord over players all adds up to = Bruce & Danny kicking Scott out of the sandbox for outshining them. Damn shame.

It is a damn shame...and hopefully grounds for a suit. The abusive 'leaks' from the FO (read: Allen) about a decent man who was good at his job were deliberately scurrilous - and in stark contrast to McGloughan's refusal to bite back.

Given the clear intention to destroy a man's career and reputation for another's personal gain, the least I would hope for in this situation is some form of karmic justice. Yeah, I know...'sif.

It is a damn shame...and hopefully grounds for a suit. The abusive 'leaks' from the FO (read: Allen) about a decent man who was good at his job were deliberately scurrilous - and in stark contrast to McGloughan's refusal to bite back.

Given the clear intention to destroy a man's career and reputation for another's personal gain, the least I would hope for in this situation is some form of karmic justice. Yeah, I know...'sif.

Well, they treated RG3 the same way on the way out. I dont know that anyone here should be surprised.

Regardless of what you think of RG3 as a player, he didnt deserve the treatment he got from that team. In my opinion, nobody does. It was a classless way to let someone go and now the GM gets the same treatment.

if he did have a problem, it was very classless to leak it. and if he didnt, that is equally classless.

At first I thought he was canned because he didnt get cousins signed, but now I'm starting to think that directive came from the very top.

The team deserves to lose.

Well, they treated RG3 the same way on the way out. I dont know that anyone here should be surprised.

Regardless of what you think of RG3 as a player, he didnt deserve the treatment he got from that team. In my opinion, nobody does. It was a classless way to let someone go and now the GM gets the same treatment.

if he did have a problem, it was very classless to leak it. and if he didnt, that is equally classless.

At first I thought he was canned because he didnt get cousins signed, but now I'm starting to think that directive came from the very top.

The team deserves to lose.

RG3 was an egomaniacle doosh. He deserved whatever he gets.