Sign in to follow this  
RepoPatrol

I am done with the NFL

For those that don't believe this comment is factual, check this out; I use to bet pretty heavily on NCAA & NFL games. I used one of the Vegas guys for his "lock" of the week. Back then, you didn't get a recorded message, you actually spoke with a guy on the phone. His prices were f'in high, but his locks were as close to absolute as you can get. For one NCAA and one NFL game, it was $500 for the lock of the week. He opened his lines up early Saturday morning for both. I called and he gave me Cincy as the college lock of the week. They were 14.5 point underdogs. The guy would always tell you to be certain you didn't wager your entire bankroll on any one game as only foolish gamblers did that. This weekend in particular, he flatly said "bet it all on this game. If you can get a second loan on your house, do. Cincy wins this game straight up. Take this one to the bank." Notice he didn't say "Cincy "should" win this one straight up, or Cincy "should" cover the spread. He KNEW Cincy would win this game. They won by a TD. That same weekend, Miami was an underdog on the road. Their team was average, at best. He said "Take Miami. Same deal as with Cincy. Let your winnings roll, then bet it all on Miami. They cover with 3 points to spare." Miami lost by 4 and were 7 point underdogs. I lost my faith that weekend in sports. He didn't say they "should" cover, he told me they covered and by the exact amount. This was 100% unlike him. He flat out knew how those games were going to end. Do all people offering info "know" anything. No. Most of them are scam artists and just want your money. This guy knew. There is a difference. His services were no available after that season and I don't know where he disappeared to. I stopped wagering large amounts after that season. I'm a firm believer that some, not all, but definitely some, games are decided ahead of time. Maybe not the actual outcome of the game, but definitely the point spreads.

Did he feel you could move on this game like it has already been played?

For those that don't believe this comment is factual, check this out; I use to bet pretty heavily on NCAA & NFL games. I used one of the Vegas guys for his "lock" of the week. Back then, you didn't get a recorded message, you actually spoke with a guy on the phone. His prices were f'in high, but his locks were as close to absolute as you can get. For one NCAA and one NFL game, it was $500 for the lock of the week. He opened his lines up early Saturday morning for both. I called and he gave me Cincy as the college lock of the week. They were 14.5 point underdogs. The guy would always tell you to be certain you didn't wager your entire bankroll on any one game as only foolish gamblers did that. This weekend in particular, he flatly said "bet it all on this game. If you can get a second loan on your house, do. Cincy wins this game straight up. Take this one to the bank." Notice he didn't say "Cincy "should" win this one straight up, or Cincy "should" cover the spread. He KNEW Cincy would win this game. They won by a TD. That same weekend, Miami was an underdog on the road. Their team was average, at best. He said "Take Miami. Same deal as with Cincy. Let your winnings roll, then bet it all on Miami. They cover with 3 points to spare." Miami lost by 4 and were 7 point underdogs. I lost my faith that weekend in sports. He didn't say they "should" cover, he told me they covered and by the exact amount. This was 100% unlike him. He flat out knew how those games were going to end. Do all people offering info "know" anything. No. Most of them are scam artists and just want your money. This guy knew. There is a difference. His services were no available after that season and I don't know where he disappeared to. I stopped wagering large amounts after that season. I'm a firm believer that some, not all, but definitely some, games are decided ahead of time. Maybe not the actual outcome of the game, but definitely the point spreads.

if you think some guy in the know of fixed games is selling you that info for 500 bucks, I got a bridge to sell you in brooklyn. It's nice, and shiny...

dumb

Repo I support your decision to boycott the NFL as its your right as an American. Reading that you gave all your NFL related merchandise to the homeless warmed my heart. I encourage you to guarantee really making an impact on the rest of us by boycotting FFT as well. If at all possible take your ignorant toady tp the troll with you.

Boycott FFT today? Are you nuts? My problem is with the league and Goodell, not the idiots here. Boycotting FFT would hurt me and not the NFL so whats the point? I expect my protest and boycott to send ripples down the spines of the NFL execs. Are you boys getting scared yet? LOL

• Like 1

Some of us don't believe in Global Warming. : )

I could use some of this global warming stuff right about now ! Business trip near Pittsburgh and it's COLD !!!

Just wanted to post back on my first weekend without watching the NFL. It was actually quite nice not being glued to the TV. I really didn't miss it at all. Let's face it, these are simply a bunch of overpaid thugs basically chasing a ball and each other around a field. I realized the only thing about it, that I really like, is the gambling action that I usually have going. I do fairly well but let's face it, I and most other gamblers, fantasy diehards, etc get very little return on our investment when you consider the time it takes to be successful. A few grand in return of giving up 4 straight months of Sundays and many hours during the week is really a pretty lousy deal for that much of ones life. There is simply so much more to do in life.

In this thread I was very critical of Goodell. I still think he has made many crappy decisions that will forever harm the NFL. However, his actions have made me realize how much of my life I have thrown away being a slave to my fantasy team and my other activities centered around NFL games. So in the end, thank you very much Roger Goodell.

Just wanted to post back on my first weekend without watching the NFL. It was actually quite nice not being glued to the TV. I really didn't miss it at all. Let's face it, these are simply a bunch of overpaid thugs basically chasing a ball and each other around a field. I realized the only thing about it, that I really like, is the gambling action that I usually have going. I do fairly well but let's face it, I and most other gamblers, fantasy diehards, etc get very little return on our investment when you consider the time it takes to be successful. A few grand in return of giving up 4 straight months of Sundays and many hours during the week is really a pretty lousy deal for that much of ones life. There is simply so much more to do in life.

In this thread I was very critical of Goodell. I still think he has made many crappy decisions that will forever harm the NFL. However, his actions have made me realize how much of my life I have thrown away being a slave to my fantasy team and my other activities centered around NFL games. So in the end, thank you very much Roger Goodell.

odb had the catch of the century, but you were out walking the dog

odb had the catch of the century, but you were out walking the dog

OMG! How will I ever be able to live with myself. I flew one in from a bunker on Sunday. ODB will always regret not being there to see it.

Nothing says you've found better ways to spend your time than taking time to post on a fantasy football forum populated by complete strangers about how you've found better ways to spend your time.

Nothing says you've found better ways to spend your time than taking time to post on a fantasy football forum populated by complete strangers about how you've found better ways to spend your time.

can/t make this ###### up. It's like the guy who goes on the comments section of websites talking about how terrible the article written was....

Well played Repo, well played. I for one feel like I'm far more enlightened just by vicariously living through you. Thanks for sharing, we really do care...all of us...

• Like 1

How long were you on the golf course and how much did you gamble?

You know you can still do both (play golf in the morning, gamble on NFL games, set your FF team, watch an afternoon or evening game).