Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Happy Football Day Week 1

Even better in HI.

Is a 7AM start better? The beauty of 10 is you can exercise, do yard work, go to church... whatever productive thing in the morning, and you are still done watching at a reasonable hour. I'd end up missing a lot of the early games with a 7 start. :dunno:

Today the Browns were +5 in TO margin. Since the Browns returned to the NFL there have been 137 games where a team has a +5 TO margin and 132 times that team has won. The Browns are responsible for 3 of the 5 times that team failed to win(2 losses and a tie).

• Like 1

He talks about weak conference and weak division because he cheers for a weak team every week.

Not every week. The first week of February 2008 for instance.

Got it. Once every 5 or 6 years. Eli looked good today

Then there was the first week of February in 2012. Like I said, not every week.

Today the Browns were +5 in TO margin. Since the Browns returned to the NFL there have been 137 games where a team has a +5 TO margin and 132 times that team has won. The Browns are responsible for 3 of the 5 times that team failed to win(2 losses and a tie).

Love the stat

My "Happy Football Day" went like this :thumbsdown:

I wasn't home so I couldn't catch the Cowboy game :wall:

From what I heard I was better off not seeing it.

I enjoyed watching the Bears beat up on the Pack, had to leave at halftime :cry:

Hopefully week 2 goes much better

Crazy. But cool stat.

I saw a stat that 0-0-1 is their best start since 2004. And of course, first non loss in almost two years.

Is a 7AM start better? The beauty of 10 is you can exercise, do yard work, go to church... whatever productive thing in the morning, and you are still done watching at a reasonable hour. I'd end up missing a lot of the early games with a 7 start. :dunno:

Guess it depends. I can watch everything but SNF and have the afternoon and evening free.

As an aside, I don't know how people with M-F schedules do it. I had to go to Costco today, and it was a mad house. Much nicer running errands during the week.

Guess it depends. I can watch everything but SNF and have the afternoon and evening free.

As an aside, I don't know how people with M-F schedules do it. I had to go to Costco today, and it was a mad house. Much nicer running errands during the week.

Yep, us gremlins with our normal working hours. I almost died in a Costco once because the lines were so long. Had to call in disaster relief to bring me water. The horrors we endure just to make it to Saturday

:banana: :banana: :banana:

this place > mange bored who bitches about reid not running hunt enough or not getting the ball to kelce when the chiefs fockin gameplan is good enough to take down on the road your likely toughest challenger in terms of repeating for the division title

Same old focking Cowboys, same old Jason Garrett. :lol:

I would like to change my 8-8 prediction to 4-12............. With any luck we will 2-14 so we can draft a QB!

this place > mange bored who bitches about reid not running hunt enough or not getting the ball to kelce when the chiefs fockin gameplan is good enough to take down on the road your likely toughest challenger in terms of repeating for the division title

Chargers got Mahomed Schooled

Yep, us gremlins with our normal working hours. I almost died in a Costco once because the lines were so long. Had to call in disaster relief to bring me water. The horrors we endure just to make it to Saturday

The trick to surviving Saturday at Costco is to get in and out before 11, which is when the fatties start clogging the aisles to eat samples for lunch.

• Like 1

I would like to change my 8-8 prediction to 4-12............. With any luck we will 2-14 so we can draft a QB!

Maybe a new coach too?.?.

Maybe a new coach too?.?.

I've been screaming that for 7 years now.. This isn't' new, Red has sucked for a long time now. If Jerry hasn't fired him by now, I doubt he does at all.

Man, I remember, I'd have to look it up, this was awhile ago, but it's when the Cowboys started turning things around after their QB (romo?) went down. And everybody is giving Brad Garrett all sorts of mad love and I'm like, no man it's Jon kitna for Christ's sake! He never got nearly the love that he deserved. But once Kitna was gone, the bloom fell off of Garrett's Rose pretty damn fast.

All Jerry and the fans doing. So fovk them. They can live with it.

as a cheifs fan, you should be happy. in fantasy football, hunt and kelce owners should feel a little bummed today. it's not going to be like that every week, but there is a higher expectation than what they put up

I've been screaming that for 7 years now.. This isn't' new, Red has sucked for a long time now. If Jerry hasn't fired him by now, I doubt he does at all.

Garrett must have something incriminating on Jerry.

Whatever window this Cowboys team had slammed shut when the best O-Line in football started falling apart. Time to start over.

The trick to surviving Saturday at Costco is to get in and out before 11, which is when the fatties start clogging the aisles to eat samples for lunch.

We got caught up in that madness for the first time ever last weekend. I've never seen anything like it. There were samples everywhere and my sons were running from aisle to aisle to find the best ones. Never again.

Whatever window this Cowboys team had slammed shut when the best O-Line in football started falling apart. Time to start over.

I stated on the main board - we either miss Bill Callahan more than anyone wants to admit, or this is the most overrated 'great offensive' line in football.

2 years in a row this unit has lost a starter - and both times it sunk the whole ship........ My question is, why? Philly won a SB with a back up LT, half of Carolina's line was missing y-day. We are the only team that can't seem to make do and get by when a starter goes out........ Oh, and btw - did you see our great 2nd round pick Connor Williams y-day? Good gawd he got his ass kicked - total bucket of shiit he threw out there.

Of course when our qb can't hit the broad side of a barn and/or throw it more than 3 yards downfield - not sure it matters.

Garrett must have something incriminating on Jerry.

Jones keeps Garrett around because he's a puppet,how many times do you read updates where it says Jones said this and that.Granted,he's the owner and can do whatever but IMO hurts his team regularly by not keeping his damn nose out of things.

Chicago - how in da fuq did they blow that game? :huh:

I knew they were focked as son as Howard got called for stepping out of bounds.. That killed the all the mojo they had going, it killed the clock and it prolly turned 7 into 3... But damn almighty, Fuller has to make that pick. It hit him right between the numbers, that seals the game too............ Another thing - was Jason Garrett calling plays on that last drive for Chicago? All they need is a FG - they have plenty of time and 2 TOs still... And they never once, worked the middle of the field - not once. I don't get it.

Chicago - how in da fuq did they blow that game? :huh:

Another thing - was Jason Garrett calling plays on that last drive for Chicago? All they need is a FG - they have plenty of time and 2 TOs still... And they never once, worked the middle of the field - not once. I don't get it.

It wasn't in the script :ninja:

Jones keeps Garrett around because he's a puppet,how many times do you read updates where it says Jones said this and that.Granted,he's the owner and can do whatever but IMO hurts his team regularly by not keeping his damn nose out of things.

This. Jones wants control. He is a control freak to his teams demise. He doesn't want another Jimmy Johnson situation. Jones would rather lose than win with someone else in control. I wouldn't support that schmuck and his team one bit. Garrett is a yes man and will let Jones walk all over him. Perfect guy for the Cowboys job

I stated on the main board - we either miss Bill Callahan more than anyone wants to admit, or this is the most overrated 'great offensive' line in football.

2 years in a row this unit has lost a starter - and both times it sunk the whole ship........ My question is, why? Philly won a SB with a back up LT, half of Carolina's line was missing y-day. We are the only team that can't seem to make do and get by when a starter goes out........ Oh, and btw - did you see our great 2nd round pick Connor Williams y-day? Good gawd he got his ass kicked - total bucket of shiit he threw out there.

Of course when our qb can't hit the broad side of a barn and/or throw it more than 3 yards downfield - not sure it matters.

I think that unit hit their peak in 2014-16. Pass blocking was atrocious yesterday. Dak was sacked 6 focking times! I thought he was supposed to have the wheels to make things happen in some of those situations?

At first, I was somewhat encouraged that the D was holding up ok. But upon further review, the Panthers offense basically sucks. Newton led the team in rushing and Mcaffrey was their top receiver out of the backfield with a whopping 45 yards.

I think that unit hit their peak in 2014-16. Pass blocking was atrocious yesterday. Dak was sacked 6 focking times! I thought he was supposed to have the wheels to make things happen in some of those situations?

This isn't new - if you remember the Denver game last year, our line got steamrolled and drilled the exact same way. We were at full strength then too.

2016 was an aberration - both the best, and worst, thing to happen to this team. They rolled thru a last place schedule and all was made to look way better than it was.. This line hasn't been the same (really) since Bill Callahan left for Washington.

as a cheifs fan, you should be happy. in fantasy football, hunt and kelce owners should feel a little bummed today. it's not going to be like that every week, but there is a higher expectation than what they put up

Speak for yourself. I had Tyreek :banana:

Kelce owner here. 1 catch for 6 yards? I figured he got hurt or died or sumthin. :thumbsdown:

Speak for yourself. I had Tyreek :banana:

i was speaking for hunt and kelce owners. hill and mahomes had great games, and will have more. i do not believe that this will be common every week for hunt, hill, kelce.

Kelce owner here. 1 catch for 6 yards? I figured he got hurt or died or sumthin. :thumbsdown:

6 targets, 1 bad drop. game plan was hill, and it was working. kelce historically does not have good games vs the chargers. that will change based on opponent

The team is loaded with weapons,not to get too giddy after one week(KC fan)but they remind me a bit of the '99 Rams and just like Sherman and Thomas scoring td's yesterday it's going to cause frustration to the owners of star players on certain weeks.

I have Mahomes and Kelce- good with the bad (44 points and 2 points).

I might end up losing

I hate losing

:mad:

I have Mahomes and Kelce- good with the bad (44 points and 2 points).

I might end up losing

I hate losing

:mad:

You started Mahomes week 1?

Nice :thumbsup: