Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Todd Gurely

I need to see a full season of Gurley first for me to believe in him. I think he stinks. I don't have him in my top 50. I think he's quite possibly the most overrated player I can ever remember.

I need to see a full season of Gurley first for me to believe in him. I think he stinks. I don't have him in my top 50. I think he's quite possibly the most overrated player I can ever remember.

So, I guess you weren't watching when he carried a pile of players for a nine yard gain on 3rd and 2. lol

Hey, stick to your guns. I'm sure someone in your league will enjoy having Gurley as a RB1.

• Like 1

So, I guess you weren't watching when he carried a pile of players for a nine yard gain on 3rd and 2. lol

Hey, stick to your guns. I'm sure someone in your league will enjoy having Gurley as a RB1.

Like I said, "full season".

I can tell you this, I would be ecstatic if someone ELSE had Gurley as their RB1. One less person I have to worry about. :banana:

I took Julio at 6 overall in a 10 team ppr and then gurley in the 2nd with the 5th pick. Howard, McCoy, Gordon , demarco Murray were gone. I was planning to pick another wr Michael thomas but he went the pick ahead of me and was between (based on my sheet) fournette gurley and Ajai. I'm not sold on Ajai - his stats were inflated - and gurley got the nod cause ppr.

Of course I took zeke in the 3rd which is risky if his suspension sticks and gurley sucks - my team will be in the tank.

We draft over the course of a few days via WhatsApp so those are the 3 I have so far.

Zeke in round 3 is decent value. I'm assuming you drafted at (or near) the turn?

Did you not see his full season in 2015.

He was the fifth best Rb in non ppr league that season.

Did you not see his full season in 2015.

He was the fifth best Rb in non ppr league that season.

Yeah, I saw it. I wasn't impressed. Were you? If so, why? In his first 4 full duty games, he had over 600 total yards. Over the next 10 games, he recorded 650 total yards. Half of his production (for 14 games), came in the first 4 he played. Since the 4th game, he's played in 24 games and averaged 3.4 ypc and less than 80 total yards per game. Yeah, I know the "in-thing" is to blame the team around him, but he's legitimately a part of the problem as well. He never breaks away from anyone. He doesn't hit holes strong. He doesn't make many people miss. He's a mediocre RB on a bad team. On a great team, he's at best an average back.

• Like 2

No question I disagree.

He posted very good ff totals in 2015.

I think he's a very good Rb on a very poorly coached team.

But hey it's all good someone has to be wrong.

So let me know how we do thanks for the replay.

Rank him?

idk what to think of him from from the 1 spot in a 12 man ppr i took him on the wrap with gronk and djohnson obv. im ok with that.

Yeah, I saw it. I wasn't impressed. Were you? If so, why? In his first 4 full duty games, he had over 600 total yards. Over the next 10 games, he recorded 650 total yards. Half of his production (for 14 games), came in the first 4 he played. Since the 4th game, he's played in 24 games and averaged 3.4 ypc and less than 80 total yards per game. Yeah, I know the "in-thing" is to blame the team around him, but he's legitimately a part of the problem as well. He never breaks away from anyone. He doesn't hit holes strong. He doesn't make many people miss. He's a mediocre RB on a bad team. On a great team, he's at best an average back.

I'm also skeptical on Gurley mostly because of him burning me last year, but I'm drafting him everywhere If still availavable late 2nd. With home games against Indy and Washington and then a visit to San Fran to start the year, I expect a fast start. Then I will try trading him in every league. somebody will bite after the first game. Indy D doesn't scare me and I'm sure he's capable of 100-130 total yards and a score.

How's Blount doing for you so far?

I don't have him in any league. He went too soon for me to take him. I said 5th or 6th round. People for some reason were taking him in the 3rd and 4th. I never condoned that.

I think it was posted that he would be a rb1.

Hehe. Sometimes stats aren't the whole story. Slavery to what Excel tells you has ruined many a bro in many endeavors.

Jeff Fisher is a horrendous force for offensive players. He handcuffed Steve McNair for years for instance. He was doing the same to Toddrick Gurley.

I wish Gurley would stop fumbling. Besides that, he's somewhat clearly a solid rb who is good at a lot of things. He's now being used decently, the oline is better, the matchups aren't terrible, and he's going to town in space.

His schedule goes off a cliff in a bit so selling ultra high should still be on the table. But don't dare come back from trading Gurley with Buck Allen and JJ Nelson or something absurd like that.

I would sell Gurly.

He had a buttercake schedule to start the year.

Colts, Washington, 49ers

It will get tougher...

Other players schedules don’t get tougher and have hard MU? Who you gonna trade him for that is such a great deal? Having good games vs soft teams is what RB1 are supposed to do. He’s a 2nd rounder playing like a 1st rounder, that should be enough.

Other players schedules don’t get tougher and have hard MU? Who you gonna trade him for that is such a great deal? Having good games vs soft teams is what RB1 are supposed to do. He’s a 2nd rounder playing like a 1st rounder, that should be enough.

Colts, Redskins and Niners....

C'mon dude. Sell high and buy low.

It is true that the 49ers had a starting LB and a starting S out of the game with injury.

Why would you trade down Gurley for Ajayi.

In ppr Gurley is the better player to have.

I wouldn't trade him for Ajayi who's knees are awfull.

And the owners of Gordon should never think about trading away a Rb that will end up being in the top three of ff ppr points.

But he has been missing some practice time.

And that can soon carry over into game time.

Yes but if someone offered me Ajayi + a WR2 for Gurley that might not be a bad sell. I had Ajayi ranked above Gurley in my preseason rankings.

Gurley's knees aren't perfect either tho.

Yes but if someone offered me Ajayi + a WR2 for Gurley that might not be a bad sell. I had Ajayi ranked above Gurley in my preseason rankings.

Gurley's knees aren't perfect either tho.

There are a lot of players who tore acls. I do know that Gurley has been healthy since he started playing.

There are a lot of players who tore acls. I do know that Gurley has been healthy since he started playing.

I'm not disputing any of that, just saying Ajayi hasn't missed any games because of his knees either.

Gurley's schedule is about to get way tougher. If you can trade for decent value do it.

Once again there is no way I'm trading Gurley for Ajayi.

Once again there is no way I'm trading Gurley for Ajayi.

nope, I personally had I owned Gurley, tried to package him for Leveon, now Bell is slowly building up into game shape and his points are climbing

Yo TBay, you still think Gurley stinks? Tell me again how he is the 50th best RB in the league. This is my new favorite thread. lol

Hey, I ate crow on the Josh Gordon thread. You need to come here and get your serving. lol

Gurley was my best draft pick by far. The guy has been a bona fide stud this year.

Also I got him in R4 as multiple owners kept passing on him due to a down year previously.

Yo TBay, you still think Gurley stinks? Tell me again how he is the 50th best RB in the league. This is my new favorite thread. lol

Hey, I ate crow on the Josh Gordon thread. You need to come here and get your serving. lol

Gurley is a different player this year than he was in the last 2. It's undeniable, he stunk the last 2 years because of everything I said. He couldn't break tackles, he didn't hit holes, and he didn't out run anyone. He was a below average RB. That is a FACT! This year, he's breaking tackles, hitting holes, and is out running people. Is that talent? Coaching? Teammates? Or him just being more healthy, now 3 years removed from an ACL surgery? I don't know. I don't really care either. Points are points. Next year, I would consider him in the first round, but that doesn't mean I'm going back on what I said in August. For this current season, he was coming off 2 years were he was a mediocre to below average RB. I'm not taking that guy in the 2nd round.

Gurley was my best draft pick by far. The guy has been a bona fide stud this year.

Also I got him in R4 as multiple owners kept passing on him due to a down year previously.

R4? There's 11 dumb owners in that league. 2.5 in my league :(

No offense, but you passed on him for 3 rounds as well. Not sure where you drafted though. If 4.1, brilliant!

R4? There's 11 dumb owners in that league. 2.5 in my league :(

I think the scoring system in our league creates a lot of equalization that you won't find in other leagues. Don't assume it's a league full of dumb owners. QB and D/ST scoring is extremely heavily weighted, it's not uncommon for someone to keep or draft a QB or DST in R1. Most league DST don't start getting drafted until R8. This means a lot of RB/WR are on the board in later rounds compared to standard or PPR redraft leagues.

The ORDER in which the RB get drafted is still pretty consistent with most rankings though.

No offense, but you passed on him for 3 rounds as well. Not sure where you drafted though. If 4.1, brilliant!

See my post above.

Agreed I did pass on him for 3 rounds due to other positions and our scoring system.