Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Chiefs extend Damien Williams

The Damien Williams extension is for two years with a max value of $8.1 million, per sources.

If he stays healthy and is number one on the depth chart after training camp, I'd consider taking him before McCoy and Miller. Fournette, too.

Leave Fournette as the fool's gold that destroys rosters early.

If he’s their number one rb, he’s a top seven candidate.

If he stays healthy and is number one on the depth chart after training camp, I'd consider taking him before McCoy and Miller. Fournette, too.

Leave Fournette as the fool's gold that destroys rosters early.

I will never draft fornette again. Despite winning the ship this year my name was fornettes follies at one point after 3 straight losses.

Not top seven for me, I'd get Kelce or Hill first. End of round two, early 3rd maybe

I was actually talking about rb rankings.

But if you don’t mind this question, how high would you draft Kelce?

If Williams is a end of round two early third for you, are you saying you would draft Kelce early round one or even late round two?

Reason I ask is just to get a value of Kelce worth from other ff owners.

And based on your assessment of where you would draft D Williams, and that you would go Kelce and or Hill before him, that would mean you value Kelce as a early first round pick or a late round two pick?mm

Thanks.

Happy New Year.

Ps this is not a judgement, it’s simply a question.

I was actually talking about rb rankings.

But if you don’t mind this question, how high would you draft Kelce?

If Williams is a end of round two early third for you, are you saying you would draft Kelce early round one or even late round two?

Reason I ask is just to get a value of Kelce worth from other ff owners.

And based on your assessment of where you would draft D Williams, and that you would go Kelce and or Hill before him, that would mean you value Kelce as a early first round pick or a late round two pick?mm

Thanks.

Happy New Year.

Ps this is not a judgement, it’s simply a question.

Hi weepaws, yes I would take Kelce late round one, early round two. I wouldn't take him in the top six or seven probably, but I'd feel comfortable taking him anytime after the 10th pick. Let's face it, a TE like Kelce or Ertz made the difference for your team this year, especially with the emergence of Mahomes.

Williams is an interesting call. He was ballyhooed as the next best thing in Miami but could never get a foothold in the rotation. He has a lot of wear left on him, is explosive, can catch out of the backfield--he saved my fantasy playoffs in more than one league this year. Will Reid promote him to the role Hunt had? If he looks good in training camp and looks to assume the lead RB duties I may move him up as draft day approaches.

One thing most league champs have in common are KC players on their rosters. Think about some of the early draft picks--Bell, Johnson, Gronk, Fournette--and you may have wished you'd jumped on Hill or Kelce instead. It would have looked like a ridiculous pick in August, but in December very prescient.

And one thing I can always say about you, weepaws, you are genuinely polite and sincere and I don't think I've ever heard snark from you, so I always assume your posts are coming from a good place. Have a great New Year, my friend!

Right now (assuming #1 RB in KC going into the 2019 Regular Season) I have him mid-to-late 1st round -- somewhere around a player like Melvin Gordon. Regardless of whether I got Damien Williams, I would still look to draft Darrel Williams late in the draft... Of course everything could change between now and the start of the 2019 Regular Season (KC's Draft picks, pre-season performance, O-Line changes, etc...)

And one thing I can always say about you, weepaws, you are genuinely polite and sincere and I don't think I've ever heard snark from you

:huh:

Right now (assuming #1 RB in KC going into the 2019 Regular Season) I have him mid-to-late 1st round -- somewhere around a player like Melvin Gordon. Regardless of whether I got Damien Williams, I would still look to draft Darrel Williams late in the draft... Of course everything could change between now and the start of the 2019 Regular Season (KC's Draft picks, pre-season performance, O-Line changes, etc...)

I would agree.

Hi weepaws, yes I would take Kelce late round one, early round two. I wouldn't take him in the top six or seven probably, but I'd feel comfortable taking him anytime after the 10th pick. Let's face it, a TE like Kelce or Ertz made the difference for your team this year, especially with the emergence of Mahomes.

Williams is an interesting call. He was ballyhooed as the next best thing in Miami but could never get a foothold in the rotation. He has a lot of wear left on him, is explosive, can catch out of the backfield--he saved my fantasy playoffs in more than one league this year. Will Reid promote him to the role Hunt had? If he looks good in training camp and looks to assume the lead RB duties I may move him up as draft day approaches.

One thing most league champs have in common are KC players on their rosters. Think about some of the early draft picks--Bell, Johnson, Gronk, Fournette--and you may have wished you'd jumped on Hill or Kelce instead. It would have looked like a ridiculous pick in August, but in December very prescient.

And one thing I can always say about you, weepaws, you are genuinely polite and sincere and I don't think I've ever heard snark from you, so I always assume your posts are coming from a good place. Have a great New Year, my friend!

Excellent points, thanks for the reply.