Sign in to follow this  
robblockamyeir

Does anyone trust Tony Romo as a fantasy starter?

But I also have McCoy. So I don't feel quite as bad. ;)

Nice. Romo, Bryant, McCoy. A very nice trio out of that division. I hate the Cowboys as much as the next rational person living outside of Texas, and I relish Romo choking away Dallas' chances year after year. But so long as I'm taking him in a league that doesn't penalize turnovers, I don't care. I'll take the ridiculous production, and anticipate the faster start with healthy, ready weapons.

... But so long as I'm taking him in a league that doesn't penalize turnovers...

INTs in their last 3 full seasons:

romo: 38

brees: 55

p. manning: 44

prior to last season, the last time romo threw for more that 10 INTs in a season was 2008. last year looks like an anomaly rather than the trend.

I like actually winning some games before mid-season in fantasy. So I would want nothing to do with Romo. I'll just pick him up after one of you losers cuts bait after being out of the playoff race by Week 8.

I like actually winning some games before mid-season in fantasy. So I would want nothing to do with Romo. I'll just pick him up after one of you losers cuts bait after being out of the playoff race by Week 8.

If you can't manage a team and produce wins with a perenial top 7 fantasy qb then I'd say you aren't a very good ff'er.

If you can't manage a team and produce wins with a perenial top 7 fantasy qb then I'd say you aren't a very good ff'er.

If you are too dumb to check game logs to determine trends I'd say you probably just flat out are retarded.

If you are too dumb to check game logs to determine trends I'd say you probably just flat out are retarded.

I've done rather well with him, maybe you just need more help to overcome other holes in your team - understandable. Far as trends, yea - I'm aware. I'm awae thru the first 6 games of 2012 TR had 11 tds and a qb rating of 101.25. He actually left week 6 early in the game due to injury - so really that was thru 5 and some change. In 2011 TR had 10 tds and a 95.0 rating. In 2012 he had 8 tds and a 89.0 rating... You can win plenty with TR at qb, if you know what your'e doing.

I've done rather well with him, maybe you just need more help to overcome other holes in your team - understandable. Far as trends, yea - I'm aware. I'm awae thru the first 6 games of 2012 TR had 11 tds and a qb rating of 101.25. He actually left week 6 early in the game due to injury - so really that was thru 5 and some change. In 2011 TR had 10 tds and a 95.0 rating. In 2012 he had 8 tds and a 89.0 rating... You can win plenty with TR at qb, if you know what your'e doing.

If you play in garbage leagues where 10 TDs from your QB through 8 games is enough to consistently win you could put anybody in at QB. You should probably step up your competition. Mark Sanchez can provide similar statistics, why bother drafting Romo at all when you can get Sanchez even later?

I've won championships with Josh Freeman and Tim Tebow, I don't pretend they are good QBs to draft and use all year round.

Actually I don't care about your fantasy team or that other guy that thinks Darren McFadden will lead him to a championship. Go ahead and keep drafting McFadden and Romo.

But anybody that's reading these threads, put the effort in and look at the game logs for at least the last 5 years. Don't just look at year end totals. That is one of the very basic differences separating fantasy losers from winners.

If you play in garbage leagues where 10 TDs from your QB through 8 games is enough to consistently win you could put anybody in at QB. You should probably step up your competition. Mark Sanchez can provide similar statistics, why bother drafting Romo at all when you can get Sanchez even later?

I've won championships with Josh Freeman and Tim Tebow, I don't pretend they are good QBs to draft and use all year round.

Actually I don't care about your fantasy team or that other guy that thinks Darren McFadden will lead him to a championship. Go ahead and keep drafting McFadden and Romo.

But anybody that's reading these threads, put the effort in and look at the game logs for at least the last 5 years. Don't just look at year end totals. That is one of the very basic differences separating fantasy losers from winners.

What do you consider rules for a "garbage league"?

i see this as an issue of prioritization. you invest a high pick on a QB that will win a lot of games for you. after the first 4 rounds, you're drafting a QB who will not lose a lot of games for you. romo fits the 'wait' philosophy perfectly. just like any NFL QB, he's going to have 2 games that are absolute stinkers. but he's going to have 4-5 games of extremely good production that can help you win games that you might otherwise have lost. the rest are going to be somewhere in the middle.

draft accordingly.

YOU draft Sanchez and let someone else reep the rewards of Romo.

For his draft position, Tony Romo is steal. He's liable to have 10 TDs in three games this year. Four at the most. If you couldn't see the difference in him once he and Bryant started clicking, then you just don't know sh!t about football. Last year's second half was a peak into the future.

Believe me, I HATE Tony Romo. I'm an Eagles fan. And I love how he chokes in the playoffs every year. (or in win-you're-in games leading up to the playoffs). But I'm astute enough to put my hatred towards him to the side and draft a guy who could very well pass for 5000 yards and 35 touchdowns.

:music_guitarred: Its nice too see what attracted me to this place back in the day, namecalling and trash-talk.

I look at all of your guys line-ups and laugh, youre all last place FF'ers :music_guitarred:

Oh and I love Tony Romo this year at his draft spot (Might as well contribute something related)

Believe me, I HATE Tony Romo. I'm an Eagles fan. And I love how he chokes in the playoffs every year. (or in win-you're-in games leading up to the playoffs). But I'm astute enough to put my hatred towards him to the side and draft a guy who could very well pass for 5000 yards and 35 touchdowns.

I don't know what it is about Romo that makes me dislike him so much, but I absolutely can not stand him. It certainly can't be his production on the field or in fantasy, because it's not like he's ever beaten my fantasy teams or any team I root for in the playoffs or a big game. Yet I have this very real dislike of the guy, when I see his name spot up he just annoys me.

Romo should not be on anyone's fantasy roster. He should just be made ineligible or something in fantasy leagues.

I don't know what it is about Romo that makes me dislike him so much, but I absolutely can not stand him. It certainly can't be his production on the field or in fantasy, because it's not like he's ever beaten my fantasy teams or any team I root for in the playoffs or a big game. Yet I have this very real dislike of the guy, when I see his name spot up he just annoys me.

Romo should not be on anyone's fantasy roster. He should just be made ineligible or something in fantasy leagues.

My league rewards equal amount of points for yardage and touchdowns for both players I like and players I hate. I learned a long time ago to play this game with my head and not my heart. I had Terrell Owens about five different times over the years and couldn't stand the guy. Makes no difference at draft time.

My league rewards equal amount of points for yardage and touchdowns for both players I like and players I hate. I learned a long time ago to play this game with my head and not my heart. I had Terrell Owens about five different times over the years and couldn't stand the guy. Makes no difference at draft time.

Yep, Serpent has a grudge he cannot see reality through. Too bad for him cause he is missing tremendous value this year. Probably more than I have ever seen from a QB in years.

If his name was not Romo who in their right mind wouldn't think a guy coming off 4,900 yards throwing to Dez, Austin, Whitten with a good runner in Murray would not be starter worthy. I mean there are threads of Dez getting 16 TDs easily. Throw in Austin's usual 6 and another 5 for Witten, a couple for random RBs, a couple for other WRs and you are looking at minimum of 31 Tds with no reason to think he can't easily throw for at least 4,000 to 4,500 yards when he did 4,900 last year. So, yeah a horrible choice as a starting fantasy QB.

Yep, Serpent has a grudge he cannot see reality through. Too bad for him cause he is missing tremendous value this year. Probably more than I have ever seen from a QB in years.

If his name was not Romo who in their right mind wouldn't think a guy coming off 4,900 yards throwing to Dez, Austin, Whitten with a good runner in Murray would not be starter worthy. I mean there are threads of Dez getting 16 TDs easily. Throw in Austin's usual 6 and another 5 for Witten, a couple for random RBs, a couple for other WRs and you are looking at minimum of 31 Tds with no reason to think he can't easily throw for at least 4,000 to 4,500 yards when he did 4,900 last year. So, yeah a horrible choice as a starting fantasy QB.

I also don't roster any NY Mets players on my fantasy baseball teams, since I hate that franchise so much. I've just come to the conclusion that it is impossible for me to separate Tony Romo the douche nozzle NFL player from his fantasy numbers, so I will just bow out of this conversation. I am willing to concede that maybe I am being impacted by non-fantasy reasons.

Tony Romo is still a schmuck though.

I've just come to the conclusion that it is impossible for me to separate Tony Romo the douche nozzle NFL player from his fantasy numbers

yeah--what a douchenozzle. instead of coming into the league as a spoiled 1st/2nd round draft pick like almost all starting QBs, he comes in as an undrafted free agent, works his ass off, never makes excuses, never blames anyone for anything in the media, doesn't do obnoxious endorsements, doesn't cause locker room drama, and generally avoids the limelight whenever possible.

i guess if that amounts to douchey in your world, so be it.