Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Weekly chat thread

This is the first time I've put Vereen in my lineup and only because Philly is on bye. The Pat backfield is in flux without Ridley, looks like this game anyway BB is relying on Vereen.

I've got another MNF nail-biter dialed up. This'll be three in a row. 13 points is a lot to ask of a kicker but Baily's hit that 2/7 times this season.

If i lose this week, there is no justice in the universe. I started Theo F'ing Riddick!!!! I took a risk, and it payed off. Dont crush my puny little FF soul FF Gods! Dont do it!!!!

First half in the books and Bailey only kicked one XP with no FGs. That's a good sign, he'll have to go ultra-bonkers in the 2nd half to overcome the remaining 11.5 points of my lead.

Big matchup week 9 - I may be on my first 2 game skid of the season

If i lose this week, there is no justice in the universe. I started Theo F'ing Riddick!!!! I took a risk, and it payed off. Dont crush my puny little FF soul FF Gods! Dont do it!!!!

I won! There is justice after all. :pointstosky:

I won! There is justice after all. :pointstosky:

Its a shame either of us had to lose that game. I means its MORE of a shame that i lost,. but really we both did our jobs. Its just luck we played each other this week.

But make no mistakes, the Buckaroo Express is coming down the tracks. In a decade when ive won 8 titles or so, you guys will all look back at the draft of '14 and marvel at my near-omnicient levels of draft acuity. (Just please dont look back to my draft of '13 when i picked Markus Wheaton, Aaron Dobson, Quenton Patton and Josh Boyce with 4 or my first 5 picks)

Ehh I don't know SC, I'm thinking I had the best draft this season.

Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson, John Brown and Blake Bortles.

vs

Odell Beckham, Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Donte Moncrief and Martavius Bryant

If i had to rank those 8 players going forward in our PPR league i would rank them thusly.

Watkins

Robiinson

Moncrief

Beckham

Brown

Bryant

Bortles

Jenkins

So i got 1,2,5, and 7 and you got 3,4,5,and 8.

Thats close. Real close. My guys have produced a little more this season, and i got my franchise QB in this draft. Plus i think i have two guys that still have a shot at being true stud WR....Justin Hunter and Brian Quick. The guys you took past your top 4 picks are a bit more dicey.....Storm Johnson has got some talent. Thats about it. So i win :P

But i think the real answer is that we both had an outstanding draft. I look forward to beating you over and over in the years to come :) :cheers:

I think the guy that you forgot to mention is Richard Rodgers, likely to replace the roll Finley had, except he can catch better and block better. Watch this next half of the season and how much more Rodgers is involved.

And I likely am going to get Amari Cooper or Todd Gurley next year, plus Gordon is returning soon. Next year my team will be full of young fantasy studs and that matters a lot in a dynasty league.

But yes at the mid point of the season, we both definitely had the best drafts. I gave your draft a preseason ranking of A+ and stated it was the best, mine has took me by surprise a little bit.

Another Monday night nailbiter on tap.

This week was supposed to be an easy win since shotsup is all banged up and has bye problems but my QB got knocked out early, everybody else crapped the bed and then Antonio Brown exploded Sunday night and now the game is tight.I'm still in good shape, I've got a 4.8 pt lead and Dwayne Allen to hold off the pair of Giants backup scrubs he picked up last minute off the waiver wire, Hillis and Fells may not do much but if they vulture a TD, I may have to lean on Allen more than I'd like.

IM not exactly in a nailbiter, but im up 43 and finished while Clerks has Donte Moncrief and Odell Beckham left to play. Certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that those two score 43 pts combined.

IM not exactly in a nailbiter, but im up 43 and finished while Clerks has Donte Moncrief and Odell Beckham left to play. Certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that those two score 43 pts combined.

Oh man come on, you know its over haha.

It's all about 2015 for me.

Sh*t. The GIants suddenly decided they like Hillis better that that focktard Williams and it's likely going to cost me this giftwrapped win. :mad:

Took the lead back on a nice 35 yard catch by Allen and then seeing Williams play well (and score) on this Giants drive gives me hope that they'll stick with him as the game goes on.

Think I'm getting that win finally! :clap:

Brady on bye is a good time to face 29G. His WRs are hit too. I'd give you the edge. Your team looks better than 0-9 by the way.

Brady on bye is a good time to face 29G. His WRs are hit too. I'd give you the edge. Your team looks better than 0-9 by the way.

Yeah the stars kind of also lined up for my team too. I didn't score over 100 points until week 6 and since then my points have been trending up. Should have a much improved record next year.

Even though winning will probably cost me the 1st pick, I don't play like that I play to win each week, even though it doesn't look like that right now, haha.

Hey Blue, check your messages. We've got a trade offer.

Responded.

I smell a win coming on! :clap:

I had to double check my eyes on that one. Well done!

Well. We are approaching Gordon being back. Looking back at my trade in retrospect... I'm still cool with it.

Basically gordon, romo and Ben tate for Rodgers, Mike floyd and a pick that was used on brandin cooks.

Romo has been pretty good but he's no rogers. Cooks looks like a potential star in that offense. Losing Gordo will still hurt though.

I had to double check my eyes on that one. Well done!

We missed high score for the week by 4 pts. :(

Oh well... a win is still good. :)

Once Cruz and Spiller went down I was focked - rode a winning streak right into a failing streak and no playoffs .......... damn.

Once Cruz and Spiller went down I was focked - rode a winning streak right into a failing streak and no playoffs .......... damn.

I remember when I played you, I was concerned for the injuries and bye weeks I had to cover. I could barely field a team that week; I needed every single healthy body I had to field an acceptable team. Then I compared what I had to your roster and the self pity went away, you were in so much worse shape than I was.

Hey Volty...you said on the ESPN site cuts were due this week.....but didnt we change that until after the real Super Bowl?

It's complicated. I'd wanted cuts in by this week, it didn't happen. I think everybody is sleeping. I could follow through on what I said and cut all the IR players, but there are too many violators. If there were one or two maybe. We'll have to get them in by the Super Bowl now. If IR players aren't cut by the Super Bowl, I'll have to cut them myself. As a precaution, I'm going to load rosters here, in case we lose access to the league site soon.