Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Just got a new job

I have been stuck in a low paying job for about a year now. Mostly because we need child care and this job allows me to work nights while my gf works days. It has been stressfull and I hated every min of it. I had a great interview with a staffing firm for a tier one auto supplier for a job as a recruiter. The job pays 4 bucks more an hour, better benifits and comes with 50 hours a week. I worked as a recruiter during the tech boom and loved the job. I got laid off as the last one in and the first one out when the boom crashed but I always wanted to get back into it. I start in 2 weeks and I am so very happy for the first time in a long time at the chance to actually have a job I like with the chance to make decent money to start and the further chance to make more as time goes by. They have no problem paying their employees well and I will be working 10p-5a once I get trained on their ways. I know, rats asss but I am happy and wanted to share fockers.

Congrats :cheers:

Agreed. :cheers: I'm confused though; 10pm to 5am is 7 hours, is it 6 days per week? And how does that hour range work for tech recruiting?

Agreed. :cheers: I'm confused though; 10pm to 5am is 7 hours, is it 6 days per week? And how does that hour range work for tech recruiting?

the hours are kinda up in the air right now but its 6 days 1 week 5 the next and its not tech recruiting its an onsite office at the tier one supplier. working the night shift there I will be dealing with employees and if need be calling new ones into work. the company runs 2 12 hour shifts 24 hours a day. It will be interesting.

congrats kilroy. It sucks being stuck in a job you hate, I should know as that was every minute of my Army life.

• Like 1

the hours are kinda up in the air right now but its 6 days 1 week 5 the next and its not tech recruiting its an onsite office at the tier one supplier. working the night shift there I will be dealing with employees and if need be calling new ones into work. the company runs 2 12 hour shifts 24 hours a day. It will be interesting.

Thanks. What job will you be doing?

congrats kilroy. It sucks being stuck in a job you hate, I should know as that was every minute of my Army life.

it really does. there have been days that I wanted to just tell them to take this job and shove it up their asss but with the new kid and saving for a ring I just could not afford it. I have 4 days worth of vacation built up here and I plan on using them next week as part of my trip back to Ga. Theeeennnn I am going to take this job and shove it. lol

Thanks. What job will you be doing?

I am going to be dealing with any employee issues for a plant that has around 250 workers on my shift. If someone drops off I will call the next in line and have them come in on the spot. do their drug test and their aptitude test and fill out their paperwork. I will also be posting job ads on indeed,ziprecruiter and craigslist and then filtering out the candidates that seem to be a good fit. The supplier works 24/6 and they let you know when you put your app in that you could be called in at anytime to start.

Congrats. Did YOU pass the drug screening ??

He only considers jobs where they waive the requirement.

I was gonna say... wtf weedy... you just talk a big smoke game in the interwebs to have us think yer kewls?

Congrats man!

its a mouth swab and I have been clean for over a week now in anticipation of getting the job. I quit 3 days before my first interview.

I am looking forward to starting. Enjoying the work I do has always led to me being happy. If I can impart one piece of wisdom to my son it would be to find a job that you enjoy. something you do not hate to go to every day. It sucks the soul right out of you. Do not get sucked into a job that leaves you unhappy. This new job fills my requirement to be happy at work. Its a job but its a job helping other people get jobs and it will lead to bigger and better things. Thanks to everyone who has said congrats.

so the offer letter came in yesterday and cleared a few things up. I will be working mon to friday 5pm to 2am. They gave me .50cents more than we talked about at the interview. I get 5 paid sick days a year, a weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance including dental and vision a 50k life insurance policy and both short and long term disability insurance. Plus I do not start till the 17th so I have a mini vacation(unpaid) to hang out with the kids.

12 sick days a year that accumulates

19.5 days vacation a year, which will raise up to 26 days vaca in 2016 for me.

10 paid holidays a year

Family health insurance costs me $400 every 2 weeks

Retirement is 37-40%...

We have a deferred comp type account they match 5%

Come to the dark side..... we have cookies

12 sick days a year that accumulates

19.5 days vacation a year, which will raise up to 26 days vaca in 2016 for me.

10 paid holidays a year

Family health insurance costs me $400 every 2 weeks

Retirement is 37-40%...

We have a deferred comp type account they match 5%

Come to the dark side..... we have cookies

Are you union?

common guys. don't pee in his cheerios. good luck and enjoy.

Congratulations! Hope it turns out to be as enjoyable as you think. Life is too short to spend 50 hours a week of it doing something you hate.

:cheers:

Fuckstick is too busy to post here anymore !!

Im on vacation in Ga actually. I like the benifits but I am coming from a job that gave me nothing. so at least its something.

Enjoy the vacation, and congrats on the new gig.

Sometimes a change of scene is a good thing. I wouldn't be crazy about those hours, but the benefits sound pretty good.

A week of vacation the first year is pretty typical. The health and life insurance se pretty good.

GL

I was working 11pm to 7am then coming home and taking care of my 9 month out while my gf went to work from 9 to 5. these hours allow me to come home and get some solid hours of sleep before she goes to work which was my biggest complaint. I always felt like I was beat down tired because of lack of sleep.