Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Buying a new truck...

Guess this could go for any vehicle but do you guys have any tips or how do you get the best price from a dealer on a new vehicle?

I mean I know going towards the end of the month, going towards the end of a quarter is usually beneficial but what are some other ways to get a good price?

This should be good. Experts with 900 credit ratings and cash payers will be along shortly.

• Like 1

This should be good. Experts with 900 credit ratings and cash payers will be along shortly.

Ha shitt...we may cash pay.

I'm just talkin maybe the haggling process? Just things like that. I'm admittedly not very good at that stuff.

Good deals are in the fall. New inventory and such. Get the current year at a break.

Good deals are in the fall. New inventory and such. Get the current year at a break.

But I'm seeing ads for model year Closeouts now?

But I'm seeing ads for model year Closeouts now?

Yup, they get real desperate when they still have 18's later this fall.

Why? Probably won't but why?

Because they are gay.

Get a lift kit if you plan on actually taking it mudding and off-roading. Other than that theres really no reason for it. Same with new rims and such. Pure aesthetic. Dont have a lift kit on my truck cause my truck is too nice to be taking mudding. Would rather get an older truck for that. Would suggest the same for you

Get a lift kit if your penix is small.

Get a Toyota if you want a truck that will run forever.

• Like 1

Buy a truck that is 1-2 years old that some loser couldn't make the payments on. And be prepared to walk. And walk if you don't get a nice break, 750-1000. And truck nutz. Gotta have em.

• Like 1

Depends what make you want. Domestic like ford and Chevy have higher markups than Toyota and Honda. I used to sell Toyotas and new vehicles were maybe 3k above cost at most. They make most of their money on used cars and service.

Buy a 2 year used vehicle. Check the carfax and have a mechanic look at it first.

If you must get a new one, know the invoice price, including the options you want. Offer a few percentage points over that price, and be willing to walk if they hem and haw. In this day and age there is really no reason to haggle.

Dont let them know you are paying cash, as theyll assume they can get you to finance with them. Just negotiate the total price.

Unless its a really popular or unpopular model, I dont think much else matters.

Buy a 2 year used vehicle. Check the carfax and have a mechanic look at it first.

If you must get a new one, know the invoice price, including the options you want. Offer a few percentage points over that price, and be willing to walk if they hem and haw. In this day and age there is really no reason to haggle.

Dont let them know you are paying cash, as theyll assume they can get you to finance with them. Just negotiate the total price.

Unless its a really popular or unpopular model, I dont think much else matters.

He should go to a car lot on the moon

He should go to a car lot on the moon

Ha... I was more looking at how you deal with the dealer as far as getting the price down a little.

runs forever and they replace the rotted out frame for you 7 years later.

If you're paying cash ask for the "out the door" price and negotiate off that. Out the door includes price of truck, taxes, registration and any ridiculous dealer fees.

If you can drive out of the dealership with a price that's equal to or slightly above their listed price, you're doing good.

Don't agree to anything that is more than 10% of the listed price. i.e. if the truck is going for $25,000, you'll be doing well to get an out the door price of 27,500.

What if you get the toyota, but instead of a lift kit. You get a leveling kit, and bigger tires?

If you're paying cash ask for the "out the door" price and negotiate off that. Out the door includes price of truck, taxes, registration and any ridiculous dealer fees.

If you can drive out of the dealership with a price that's equal to or slightly above their listed price, you're doing good.

Don't agree to anything that is more than 10% of the listed price. i.e. if the truck is going for $25,000, you'll be doing well to get an out the door price of 27,500.

Yes this is the kind of information I'm looking for. Nice

Yes this is the kind of information I'm looking for. Nice

Any idea what you might be interested in?

Silverado 1500 4x4... probably.

Buy new.

Your out the door price should be at least 20% off msrp for a Chevy excluding ttl and 8-10% off msrp if you went with a Toyota.

Dont close the same day unless they give you the deal you want/deal is very fair.

Look and dont act until you find a truck at a good price to start. The past few vehicles I have bought I looked for months just waiting for the right one to pop up at a really good price. BE PATIENT. Search all the dealerships around you and get alerts on new listings from car aps like car guru and autolist

I wanted a Buick Enclave. I waited for about 4 months until one popped up for $31k listing. Higher than I wanted, but it was the top of the like premium model. They go for 55k brand new. This was 3 years old with 18k miles and pristine. I was in looking at it before they even did their mandatory inspection. Bought it for around 30k before taxes and such. PATIENCE

Edit: You can go in and haggle a truck that is listed too high, but you said you arent a haggler. So just wait until you see one at a great price to start

Silverado 1500 4x4... probably.

have a 16 bought it new., great truck. Previous to that i had 3 -f150s. ....chevy/gmc > ford

Dont close the same day unless they give you the deal you want/deal is very fair.

Look and dont act until you find a truck at a good price to start. The past few vehicles I have bought I looked for months just waiting for the right one to pop up at a really good price. BE PATIENT. Search all the dealerships around you and get alerts on new listings from car aps like car guru and autolist

I wanted a Buick Enclave. I waited for about 4 months until one popped up for $31k listing. Higher than I wanted, but it was the top of the like premium model. They go for 55k brand new. This was 3 years old with 18k miles and pristine. I was in looking at it before they even did their mandatory inspection. Bought it for around 30k before taxes and such. PATIENCE

Edit: You can go in and haggle a truck that is listed too high, but you said you arent a haggler. So just wait until you see one at a great price to start

Patience is an awesome option if you're in the position to do so.

The difference between HAVING to buy a vehicle, and WANTING one is amazing.

One is a stress filled nightmare. The other one is pretty damn enjoyable. Especially when you know exactly what you want, and like you said. You can just sit and wait, then pounce!

have a 16 bought it new., great truck. Previous to that i had 3 -f150s. ....chevy/gmc > ford

I've gone Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and now Toyota.

I think I'm a truck wh0re.

Agreed with negotiating the rock bottom price and not talking about financing vs cash until that price is determined.

Id be interested in knowing the end result, as Im considering a new truck as well.

Truecar or True Price.. I can't remember which it is.

Website shows the average price of sales in your area.. and the actual true price of the vehicle. You print out the certificate.. they have to give it to you at that price.

Fixed :bandana:

Audi S5. Would never drive a Prius. I did drive a Ford F-150 FX4 before the Audi though. Transmission went out at 60k. Piece of crap.

What if you get the toyota, but instead of a lift kit. You get a leveling kit, and bigger tires?

Leveling kits are mandatory on a truck. They look dumb as hell, when theyre all dumpy in the front.

This and this.

I'm on my second Tundra since 2005 and bought both used with about 25,000 miles on them. That's barely broken in for Toyotas and lets someone else eat the thousands in depreciation if you buy them 1 year used.