Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Draft Buddy 2016 - Latest Projections Update: 9/6

Draft Buddy 2016

The Draft Buddy is Excel-based fantasy football draft manager. It allows you to create customized cheatsheets for all your leagues and keeps track of your draft on Draft Day.. You can view screenshots of the program here.

What's New? -
- Added "draft player / undo pick" buttons to each positional tab (QB, RB, WR, etc)

- Action tab > You can now hide/show tabs 1-4 (league setup). Good for once you start a draft and don't need to use the league setup tabs anymore.

- Various minor display changes

System Requirements: The DB program requires a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is that Draft Buddy is both Windows and Mac compatible, with one exception - Microsoft lost their heads a few years ago and stripped out vital code making the DB incompatible with Mac Office 2008. The good news is, the DB does work with all other versions of Mac Office, including Mac Office 2011.

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Draft Buddy, please send us an email and we will assist you ASAP.

Product Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send us an email if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

As we've done in the past our Early Bird Price is $12.95. EARLY-BIRD SPECIAL ENDS SUNDAY, 7/31. Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/10) and get you one free entry into our $2500 DB Survivor Contest.

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates will occur as needed. Rest assured, we'll be on top of everything.

6/6 - Initial release
6/16 - Done
6/30 - Done
7/7 - Done
7/14 - Done
7/21 - Done
7/28 - Done
8/4 - Done
8/11 - Done
8/18 - Done

8/21 - Done (Unscheduled - Dion Lewis)
8/25 - Done

8/27 - Done (Unscheduled - Tony Romo)
9/1 - Done

9/3 - Done (Unscheduled - Sam Bradford)

9/4 - Done (Unscheduled - Justin Forsett)
9/6 - Done

Remember, you don't need to download a new copy of the Draft Buddy to get the updates. Simply....

1. Open up the Draft Buddy
2. Click the "action" tab
3. Click the "Update Projections" button
4. Enjoy!

We welcome your feedback on the 2016 version of Draft Buddy in this thread but if you have specific problem or question please start a new thread and we'll be able to respond in a more timely manner. Thanks and happy drafting!

MK

I will be purchasing again soon...ready for some football

Thanks Dan!

Mike,

Thanks again for all your hard work here. I just purchased draft bud again and I love this tool

Thanks $epphori$ and you're highly disturbing avatar ;)

The keepers tab is hidden by default, but after you set max keepers on the rules tab and hit Compile Cheatsheets the first time, then the keepers tab will appear. If you are on MFL then input the league id near the bottom of the options tab and a link will appear where you can go copy/paste the current rosters for every team in your league.

Ha. Did you edit your post? The email notification I got had a question about keepers but now I see the question is gone. People reading this will think I'm out of it. Whatever, all good.

Ha. Did you edit your post? The email notification I got had a question about keepers but now I see the question is gone. People reading this will think I'm out of it. Whatever, all good.

yeah I did cuz I figured it out so I went back to change it. but I do have another question, our draft we draft in regular order. if you have the 1st pick you draft 1st in every round. this is one of the ways we balance the talent in our league. so the sucky teams have a chance to draft good players ahead of the better teams. its worked well for us as we are in our 21st year of this league. so since we draft in regular order we do reverse rounds 7,9 and 11. is there a way to have the software do this or do I have to do it manually. thats what I have been doing every year I bought draft bud

For that you are best to set the order as straight and then adjust rounds 7, 9 and 11 manually, but it really isn't too time consuming. After you have the straight order set for the whole thing then switch from straight to custom. Now change round 7 by selecting each team in that round and using the drop-downs that appear. Once you change 7, then you can highlight and copy those team names (that are in the right order) using CTRL-C, and then in the same place for each of rounds 9 and 11 use Edit > Paste Special > As Values.

Projections, ADP and depth charts updated for 6/30. Not a lot of changes but a few tweaks, and now we are into weekly updates here on out.

7/7 update is ready! Hey, it isn't 7/7 yet. Okay, you caught us. But it is really late on 7/6 and we are a little bit on the early side. Here is hoping no breaking news between now and midnight.

action tab > Update Projections

and you're all set! Who is drafting in the next week? MK and I each have the Scott Fish Bowl Invitational coming up soon. Check it out www.scottfishbowl.com

My eyes are blurring (can't stay up like I used to) but the 7/14 update is done. From MK: A few more tweaks on the offensive side than last week - Rawls, Elliott, C.J. Anderson inching their way up. Devonta Freeman, Karlos Williams (and his fatness) inching down.

Projections update in the house! Are we going to get some big news soon? Well, we did have Arian Foster sign in Miami since last week. He was projected before as a FA but now shows MIA and Ajayi dropped. Some adjustments to the Bills, too. Why am I still a Bills fan? Why? :doh: So frustrating. Thank you fantasy football :first: . Anyway, projections and depth charts and ADP all updated in Draft Buddy. Go to the action tab and hit Update Projections. Cheers.

For that you are best to set the order as straight and then adjust rounds 7, 9 and 11 manually, but it really isn't too time consuming. After you have the straight order set for the whole thing then switch from straight to custom. Now change round 7 by selecting each team in that round and using the drop-downs that appear. Once you change 7, then you can highlight and copy those team names (that are in the right order) using CTRL-C, and then in the same place for each of rounds 9 and 11 use Edit > Paste Special > As Values.

My league is a custom order every other round and Mike instructed me to handle just like this several years ago. It's really not time consuming at all.

Just make sure you un-check the reset draft order button to make sure you don't have to do the entry more than once.

My league is a custom order every other round and Mike instructed me to handle just like this several years ago. It's really not time consuming at all.

Just make sure you un-check the reset draft order button to make sure you don't have to do the entry more than once.

Great advice - don't want to forget to change the reset draft order (or reset keepers) options on the action tab after you have your keepers input and/or draft report tab set up properly the first time :thumbsup:

7/28 update is ready. Some pretty big news since last week. Fitzpatrick signs, Nelson "hiccup", Bell you idiot, Gordon returns and Boldin signs. Projections plus ADP and depth chart updates. In Draft Buddy go to the action tab > Update Projections. Early bird special ends soon!

8/4 update is ready. Per MK: I bumped up Rashad Jennings, Devontae Booker and Bilal Powell. Flip-flopped Michael Floyd and Fitz, and added all the old veterans that joined teams recently (Andre Johnson, James Jones, Reggie Bush).

8/11 update is done. And I'm tired, so if something is messed up please let me know... and I'll get to it first thing in the morning.

Was it just me or did the end of Suicide Squad have a Ghostbusters kind of vibe to it? :dunno:

8/18 update is done. DGB moved to the Eagles. Think that is more of a :bench: than a :pointstosky: . Mike K. moves Jamaal Charles down! (Ever so slightly.) Kelvin Benjamin gets a drop. That is typical after I just drafted him last week as my WR2 in one league and was pretty happy about it. Some other changes, updated depth charts and ADP. Good luck in your drafts!

8/25 update is up. Not a ton of changes since we had the unscheduled update only a few days ago. John Brown, Matt Jones down, Jared Cook up. Couple new players added to Draft Buddy - RB Robert Kelley and WR Eli Rogers.

Hi Mike,

How often are the depth charts updated?

For future buddyvversions, can you add an "updated as of" to that tab?

Hi Mike,

How often are the depth charts updated?

For future buddyvversions, can you add an "updated as of" to that tab?

They are updated the same time the projections are. Is there a certain player you have a question about?

I'm seeing a bunch, so I didn't know if it was timing or just one site vs. another.........since some of this is speculation.

Here are some that jumped out at me based on research:

Kamar Aiken

Will Fuller

Tyler Boyd

Devin Funchess

Tajae Sharpe

Not sure what happened with a couple of those that weren't matching between Draft Buddy and the FFT depth charts, but I re-created the update files and just uploaded them. Try updating projection again and see if the depth charts are more inline with what you would expect.

Romo's down! Unscheduled projection update right in the heart of the busiest drafting weekend of the year. Boo-ya!

Projections, ADP and depth charts updated. From MK on the changes: "Getting more concerned with Jamaal Charles and John Brown, so they are moving down this week. QB updates for DEN and MIN. Lots of movement for TEs in the middle tiers."

Vikings need a QB. Vikings get a QB. Eagles are a dumpster fire. And we needed to do another unscheduled projection update. I'm not sure we've ever done three or more unscheduled projection updates any prior year, but that is our third this year. Projections updated, and ADP and depth charts too.

Another unscheduled update for Justin Forsett. Did not see that coming. MK also adjusted a few other players.

Justin Forsett back up! 9/6 update - final update? - is ready!