Sign in to follow this  
Donthatetheplayer44

Melvin Gordon hurt?

Watching the game, it's almost over. Nope, Melvin is not hurt, it just looks like Jax was intent on stopping him and they did. Anytime he touched the ball he was swarmed. Eckler, on the other hand can apparantely do no wrong. But, I'm not a bitter Gordon owner or anything. LOL

• Like 1

This has happened a few times already this year.

Maybe Eckler is going to end up being the Woodhead type who ruins Gordon down the stretch. Maybe he goes back to the pine after fumbling and putting the Jags in firm winning position. Maybe the Chargers secretly hate Gordon. Or maybe hes still having enough injury issues to ruin his upside each week but not enough for him to sit out and give us fantasy folks the clarity we seek. Luckily for us, teams lie about these types of things so well likely have no clue unless we get very lucky.

Maybe.

Or maybe the Chargers wanted to light a fire under Gordon's tail and remind him he is replaceable. I'd like to believe this to be the case and better yet, I'd like for that tactic to work! I need Gordon to start stepping up down the stretch!

Maybe Gordon just isn't that good. TD and volume dependent, who's never had a decent ypc.

There's some truth to this.

Gordon's not a special talent; he is volume dependent on getting his numbers. He (up to this point) is one of the few bell-cow RBs in the league.

The Chargers had planned to get Ekeler a few more carries to spell Gordon since he's been dinged up a bit. Ekeler played very well with his touches last week, but the coaches got a bit too cute by trying to run the clock out with Ekeler and it cost them a win.

Gordon should have a monster game against the Bills, who no longer have Marcell Dareus manning the interior line. Buffalo got gashed by New Orleans. Then he gets the Sean Lee-less Dallas defense in Week 12 and Cleveland in Week 13. Giddy-up.

I like just simply based on he playes for the Chargers and really he's a true three down Rb.

I picked him to finish very high at the Rb position in ppr during this past offseason.

But he's not a high per rush avg Rb.

He's limited.

But his production has still been a rb1.

I've missed the last couple of games by the chargers.

has the line improved at all?

from what I've seen early this year, they have been better than last year, but still subpar.

Maybe Gordon just isn't that good. TD and volume dependent, who's never had a decent ypc.

well, I dont know that he's good enough to run behind a subpar line.

Not many RB's are.

and his line has been weak this year (again)

Gordon is good, spreadsheets be d@mned. He makes something out of nothing all the time..moreso than even a Doug Martin. At worst, hes probably a tad more hurt than the team is letting on right now. And Austin is pretty special at the things hes good at. Aka both backs are good and the team lying/holding info on Gordons health makes it tough to roll with confidence. Both would be even better with better oline play and less River-y shenanigans.

I have Gordon in 2 leagues. Im going to wait for Eckler to have a down game and then Ill trade for him just in-case Gordon gets shut down or anything close to shut down.

He's elite in fantasy and an average talent/ starter in real life, imo. Yeah his line isn't great, but I don't see elite or top end talent when I watch him.

Naw I wouldn't value Ekeler that high.

He had two tds, he did very little besides.

I can see another T Cohen situation.

he's a must own handcuff for Gordon owners; no excuses now that byes are essentially done and rosters are deep again.

as a standalone he has very little value, but that's not the point of why you roster him.