• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maulers1973

Maulers1973

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

Is this even real?  Do people that don't work for them win?  I mean seriously.  

I've tried it on my own.  I've tried it using advice given by so-called experts like Evan Silva, Rich Rhibar and others.  I understand the premise.  We analyze players with opportunity and matchups.  For example, Powell this past weekend was going to have an increase in opportunity due to Forte out of the lineup, and since Powell was a cheap play it made sense.  

I have re-evaluated the contests that I enter trying to minimize risk to sharks etc.  I'm mostly playing low-stakes tourneys with either limited entries or single entry and I try to choose tourneys with a moderate number of entries of about 5k or less.  

So, what gives?  Why can I only win $1 and $3 at a time.  It doesn't seem to correlate to score either.  I've had contests where I scored 131 ff pts and won $3. Then, last week I had my highest score ever of 184.9 ff on DK and that was good for $1.

I know some here don't play and don't like it.  If that's you then move on.  If you play, how do you feel about it?  Do you truly feel that it is legit?  I'm mostly talking about Draft Kings and Fanduel.  

QB Mariota

RB DJ

RB KHunt

RB Carson

RB Henry

RB C. Thompson

WR OBJ

WR Garcon

WR C Davis

WR M Bryant

WR N Agholor

K  Dawson

DL Garrett

DL Y Ngakoue

LB B Wagner

LB P Brown

DB L Collins

DB Vaccaro

#2 RedzoneMonster

RedzoneMonster

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

With tournaments I am at the point where I just enter the one $7 1.5 mil from fanduel.  Top prize usually around 300k - 400k.  It's basically like playing the lottery, but at least you have some say in it.  When you look at the lineups of the people that win these huge prizes they look so simple.  For example this week the guy in the lead for the 300K lineup is Keenum, Gurley, Ingram, Thielen, AJ Green, Shepard, V. Davis, Zuerlien, Rams DEF.   You look at that and say "I COULD DO THAT", yet somehow you never do....

#3 Maulers1973

Maulers1973

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

Lot of chalk plays bombed this week.  Brady, Brees, Bell, Howard, Fournette, AB, Gronk, Jets D,  Definitely a rough week.  I had Shepard, Woods, Ingram and Kamara in linups, just not all in the same lineup.  Brate and the Jets crushed a lot of builds.   

QB Mariota

RB DJ

RB KHunt

RB Carson

RB Henry

RB C. Thompson

WR OBJ

WR Garcon

WR C Davis

WR M Bryant

WR N Agholor

K  Dawson

DL Garrett

DL Y Ngakoue

LB B Wagner

LB P Brown

DB L Collins

DB Vaccaro

#4 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,749 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

It's so much easier early part of the season

#5 Maulers1973

Maulers1973

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

It's so much easier early part of the season

I wonder why that is.  Is it that chalk plays work better?  Pricing comes out so early that value plays become studs such as:  Kareem Hunt week 1?  

QB Mariota

RB DJ

RB KHunt

RB Carson

RB Henry

RB C. Thompson

WR OBJ

WR Garcon

WR C Davis

WR M Bryant

WR N Agholor

K  Dawson

DL Garrett

DL Y Ngakoue

LB B Wagner

LB P Brown

DB L Collins

DB Vaccaro

#6 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,749 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

I wonder why that is.  Is it that chalk plays work better?  Pricing comes out so early that value plays become studs such as:  Kareem Hunt week 1?  

The sleepers are a good price before they get figured out