Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

My whole family is giving up all animal based foods

Edited the title so everyone is clear what I meant.

First my father and mother in law. Now my wife's bro and his wife.

Now my wife is saying she doesn't want to eat red meat anymore.

Ugh. Can't go out with them anymore. Have to find a restaurant with vegan options. It's lame.

Had two blt's with mayo for dinner.

Sad. No red meat is ok, as long as she still eats chicken or fish. Only quacks like Pen say lean protein is bad for you. If she is doing it because she thinks not eating meat somehow stops stores from stocking it and saves animals lives, well she is delusional (again, like Pen).

Also give it a week, these things are passing fads for most to look kewl or cultured on Facebook.

Boss went vegan. She can't STFU about it. Any conversation she works in how her and her daughter are now vegan

Boss went vegan. She can't STFU about it. Any conversation she works in how her and her daughter are now vegan

Give it a few months

Fry up a pound of bacon a day. She'll crack within a week.

• Like 2

i am waiting for the first person to sue because they were fired over their daily lunch choice. I am guessing it will be a normal person getting fired by a vegan because they don't approve of them eating a turkey sandwich in the lunch room.

• Like 1

My daughter in college has been vegan for the past 3 months or so. My wife is a great cook and accommodates her when she comes home, but holy carp does it restrict what you can eat.

Gun to head I could do the vegitarian thing as long as I had cheese, cream, and eggs. Pure vegan, just pull the trigger. :(

It's so flawed. A human cannot live on a vegan diet alone. They have to take supplements.

Won't last long. Do an under/over on how long it will last. I'd put it at 90 days. Take the money and buy a cow.

They'll hate you for it, but they know. Put a calendar on the fridge.

This. It's not enough to do it for yourself. You gotta tell everyone else how horrible they are for not doing it too.

• Like 1

This. It's not enough to do it for yourself. You gotta tell everyone else how horrible they are for not doing it too.

Then you have to listen all the bogus studies and findings they come up with how this food and that food is bad for you. Of course once they quit the fad then you hear nothing of it and all those are super foods again. The whole thing is a massive eye roll.

My friend use to sneak meat into his vegeterian girlfriend's food sometimes, then he married her, cheated, and divorced her, went to jail for medicare fraud, and I stopped hanging out with him because I thought he was going to kill us both the way he drove his boat.

Then you have to listen all the bogus studies and findings they come up with how this food and that food is bad for you. Of course once they quit the fad then you hear nothing of it and all those are super foods again. The whole thing is a massive eye roll.

If you wanna be vegan that's fine...I don't care. However here's the rub

We are going out with them this Saturday. There is a GREAT bar here that has a happy hour with 1/2 off beers. And they have a fantastic beer selection(Sedona Tap House for those in MI). Their happy hour covers all beer..Bottled and draft. So can have a bottle of Edmund Fitzgerald for $2.

HOWEVER....No vegan options on the menu, outside of salads. So now we will have to go to a "vegan" friendly place, and I will end up having to shell out more $$ to support THEIR decision. It's BS and unacceptable.

I have a vegetarian teenager and a 5 year old who eats almost nothing but chicken nuggets and fries in my house. My poor wife is like a short order cook.

We are going out with them this Saturday. There is a GREAT bar here that has a happy hour with 1/2 off beers. And they have a fantastic beer selection(Sedona Tap House for those in MI). Their happy hour covers all beer..Bottled and draft. So can have a bottle of Edmund Fitzgerald for $2.

HOWEVER....No vegan options on the menu, outside of salads. So now we will have to go to a "vegan" friendly place, and I will end up having to shell out more $$ to support THEIR decision. It's BS and unacceptable.

When a Vegan comes to your house to eat they expect you to have Vegan options for them but when you go to their house they will never have a meat option. I never eat with Vegans.

Not eating red meat or eating a lot less of it is probably a good idea.

Being vegetarian is healthiest but a bit over the top imo. Fish should be fine, white meat okay.

Vegan is just silly imo. Are there any health benefits beyond vegetarianism?

Being vegetarian is healthiest but a bit over the top imo. Fish should be fine, white meat okay.

Pens should be along soon.

I was going to say "just tell them to drink lots of beer, that's vegan" but I looked it up and apparently some beers use animal products for clarity. :lol:

Actually, isn't yeast alive? It eats the sugar and creates alcohol. Seems like all beer (and bread) should be off limits to vegans. :dunno:

What are the health benefits of being a vegetarian. I eat about 4-5 oz of meat a day are you saying I will live longer and get sick less if I cut that out. I don’t know how I can be any healthier that I am now and I don’t need shots for the flu, etc. most none meat eaters I know get these shots regularly and are still sick more often than I am.

Over 85% of health is in your genes.

I was going to say "just tell them to drink lots of beer, that's vegan" but I looked it up and apparently some beers use animal products for clarity. :lol:

Actually, isn't yeast alive? It eats the sugar and creates alcohol. Seems like all beer (and bread) should be off limits to vegans. :dunno:

All plants are alive and they feel pain and have emotions.

Has the family stopped wearing animal skin of any kind as well?

Oh quit that. Not gonna play that silly game.

I just don't like having to work around their silly food choices.

Oh quit that. Not gonna play that silly game.

I just don't like having to work around their silly food choices.

I'm not playing any game with you. I'd ask them why they want to go vegan and if so, why are they still using animals for clothing.

I'm not playing any game with you. I'd ask them why they want to go vegan and if so, why are they still using animals for clothing.

I'm aware what you'd do. I'm not doing that.

My cousin started doing this at least 5 or 6 years ago. His sister and mom followed suit after they both got cancer. They don't push it on anyone else in the family. And they seem healthier and say they feel better with more energy. They still eat fish. The cousin actually isn't opposed to partaking in some good dishes with meat around holidays but he tries not to as it usually ends up making him sick now.

That is the annoying part. I don't care what you eat and hell I will even concede it is healthier and probably makes you feel better. But just don't push it on people at every turn. Or the people that straight up lecture people about it.

To add a few years of life when you're sh!tting yourself and eating pudding anyway? No thanks.

Or be healthier with more energy? You guys are really cynical about this stuff. I eat Chicken Wings by the bucket. I am in no way anything close to a vegan. But you guys are over the top with this stuff or just miss the point.

Again I have ran into pushy vegans. And I guess if you have those people in your family it gets annoying. Lucky enough the ones I see at holiday meals don't care what the rest of us eat, as we don't care what they eat. My grandmother does a few pieces of fish for them at Thanksgiving or Christmas and their are plenty of veggies always anyway.

It is hardly a thing because no one makes it a thing in my family. Reminds me of the current problems in America and people easily offended. My family could MAGA much better than Trump.

I am healthier, feel better and have more energy when I eat meat.

That's fine. That works for you. Right?

But we know you have no experience the other way, unlike people who turn vegan or vegetarian. But we won't let that fact ruin your cool post.

Or be healthier with more energy? You guys are really cynical about this stuff. I eat Chicken Wings by the bucket. I am in no way anything close to a vegan. But you guys are over the top with this stuff or just miss the point.

Again I have ran into pushy vegans. And I guess if you have those people in your family it gets annoying. Lucky enough the ones I see at holiday meals don't care what the rest of us eat, as we don't care what they eat. My grandmother does a few pieces of fish for them at Thanksgiving or Christmas and their are plenty of veggies always anyway.

It is hardly a thing because no one makes it a thing in my family. Reminds me of the current problems in America and people easily offended. My family could MAGA much better than Trump.

Perhaps you should review what being a vegan truly is:

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

https://www.vegansociety.com/go-vegan/definition-veganism

It's not that we're being cynical about it. We're responding to your post saying your family is going vegan. :dunno:

To add a few years of life when you're sh!tting yourself and eating pudding anyway? No thanks.

There is no proof that it adds one day to your life and it may be the opposite. Everyone is different, one size does not fit all, what is good for me is not necessarily good for someone else. Most of it is in your Genes.