Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - RB Kareem Hunt, Chiefs

Brett Favre...you say that like it's a good thing. :)

ok, he might end up being a bit better than Favre :ninja:

Kareem Hunt, yet another pedestrian rushing effort. Without those big runs he just can't keep his average up. It's going to happen with any player who runs a 4.6+ 40 time usually. Jordan Howard is the one slow guy who has enough vision and burst to keep his average up despite his slow top speed. Hunt is a solid RB, no doubt, but he isn't anything special.

Kareem Hunt, yet another pedestrian rushing effort. Without those big runs he just can't keep his average up. It's going to happen with any player who runs a 4.6+ 40 time usually. Jordan Howard is the one slow guy who has enough vision and burst to keep his average up despite his slow top speed. Hunt is a solid RB, no doubt, but he isn't anything special.

That's not what I see. Where before the Chiefs would use the passing game to try and establish the run, the entire offense now is relying on the pass. They are moving the ball effectively, scoring with efficiency and don't need to rely on the rushing game as much. For what Kareem Hunt is being asked to do he is doing it and doing it well.

That's not what I see. Where before the Chiefs would use the passing game to try and establish the run, the entire offense now is relying on the pass. They are moving the ball effectively, scoring with efficiency and don't need to rely on the rushing game as much. For what Kareem Hunt is being asked to do he is doing it and doing it well.

I love the offense, but Hunt couldn't manage more than 4.2 ypc when the Steelers were playing the pass all game.

The over reaction in this site makes me laugh. The Chiefs and Andy Reid absolutely love Hunt. They love everything about this offense and everything about his game. They have an Elite RB, elite WRs, elite TE and a Qb that looks like the real deal. Hunt will have his big games, mahomes will have his bad game, that's just the way things go in the NFL. Everyone calm down. Like I said in a previous post, just be glad you have a piece of that offense

This isn't the 2017 KC offense.

It's now QB-centric with the focus on the passing game. There are plenty of running lane with defense geared to stop the passing game but yet Hunt is avging 3.6 yards per carry.

After 2 games:

34 attempts 3.6 yard avg. 124 yards.

The over reaction in this site makes me laugh. The Chiefs and Andy Reid absolutely love Hunt. They love everything about this offense and everything about his game. They have an Elite RB, elite WRs, elite TE and a Qb that looks like the real deal. Hunt will have his big games, mahomes will have his bad game, that's just the way things go in the NFL. Everyone calm down. Like I said in a previous post, just be glad you have a piece of that offense

How is Hunt elite? No way. He is mediocre so far on a great offense that should have plenty of running lanes

How is Hunt elite? No way. He is mediocre so far on a great offense that should have plenty of running lanes

He's the reigning rushing leader on the best offense in football. Look

At the stats over his first 18 games. Explain how he's not?

He's the reigning rushing leader on the best offense in football. Look

At the stats over his first 18 games. Explain how he's not?

Because he has rushed for less than 4 ypc this season and destroyed some piss poor defense last year. He completely disappeared for the middle of the season. Not even close to elite. Might as well call the top 20 backs in the NFL all elite

Because he has rushed for less than 4 ypc this season and destroyed some piss poor defense last year. He completely disappeared for the middle of the season. Not even close to elite. Might as well call the top 20 backs in the NFL all elite

Terrible argument by you. Barkley only got 28 yards rushing on 11 attempts against Dallas. If Hunt got 16 targets in the passing game like Barkley did he would have a bunch of yards too.

Even with a few down weeks last year Hunt won the rushing title. That means no other RB had as many rushing yards as he did. 4.9 yards per carry on the whole year. How is this so hard for you to understand? He also caught 53 passes on the year. His bad games were when he was under utilized. You can't say a guy is bad because he is not getting the ball every down. Everyone on this site knows Reid is crazy in his player usage. If you look at the 6 games he had a low number of rushing attempts, KC lost 5 of them.

So far this year he caught 1 pass on 2 targets and 34 rushing attempts in 2 games. Many backs get better throughout the game when they are more involved. It does not make Hunt a bad player even if you think he will be bad for fantasy on a Reid team.

Hunt is elite. The coaching is holding him back.

Terrible argument by you. Barkley only got 28 yards rushing on 11 attempts against Dallas. If Hunt got 16 targets in the passing game like Barkley did he would have a bunch of yards too.

Even with a few down weeks last year Hunt won the rushing title. That means no other RB had as many rushing yards as he did. 4.9 yards per carry on the whole year. How is this so hard for you to understand? He also caught 53 passes on the year. His bad games were when he was under utilized. You can't say a guy is bad because he is not getting the ball every down. Everyone on this site knows Reid is crazy in his player usage. If you look at the 6 games he had a low number of rushing attempts, KC lost 5 of them.

So far this year he caught 1 pass on 2 targets and 34 rushing attempts in 2 games. Many backs get better throughout the game when they are more involved. It does not make Hunt a bad player even if you think he will be bad for fantasy on a Reid team.

Hunt is elite. The coaching is holding him back.

I didn't say that Barkley was elite either, so a really poor comparison. Hey look, this rb is similar to this other rb who isn't elite either, therefore he is elite....

Less than 4 ypc on the season isn't elite. He had big runs that we shouldn't expect all the time due to his slower high end speed. He is a good rb, I am not disputing that. Elite though? Not every rb who has a good year is elite dude.

I didn't say that Barkley was elite either, so a really poor comparison. Hey look, this rb is similar to this other rb who isn't elite either, therefore he is elite....

Less than 4 ypc on the season isn't elite. He had big runs that we shouldn't expect all the time due to his slower high end speed. He is a good rb, I am not disputing that. Elite though? Not every rb who has a good year is elite dude.

So every time a player has a couple rough games, you throw out their career and say he is only defined by what he did last week? And Hunt won the rushing title on a couple big runs?

So every time a player has a couple rough games, you throw out their career and say he is only defined by what he did last week? And Hunt won the rushing title on a couple big runs?

I just said he is a good rb........ Which means I think he has done well. I am disputing the elite tag. Read more carefully next time

move over Patriots, the Chiefs just drafted the next Brett Favre and Emmitt Smith in the same draft! :pointstosky:

our emmitt smif is dead :(

Damn, was hoping the analysis included "hits the holes" for the free quote manipulation post.

Yeah, or "Runs angry, once in gear he has quite a kick"

Damn, was hoping the analysis included "hits the holes" for the free quote manipulation post.

Yeah, or "Runs angry, once in gear he has quite a kick"

:nono:

You will have to try very hard to manipulate something I say :lol: