Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

who's done more permanent damage to the geek bored?

who's done more permanent damage to the geek bored?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. who's done more permanent damage to the geek bored?

• latin pimp
    • edjr
    • undecided
    • your name

lets face it, this place is a goner. :wave:

yeah, we are all bitter, we have had some good times here. :banana:

so, who do we blame more? :mad:

latin pimp with his hackings, or :lock:

edjr with his new forum. :nono:

Stop bringing everybody down, dooshnozzle!

dont shoot the messenger. -_-

Ed didn't kill this bored... everyone who posts at TheCloset still posts here.

My guess- it's the stupid slap fights and unfunny aliases, that killed this bored.

short man syndrome didn't kill this bored with his new bored, he killed it with over 70,000 post :(

GFIAP with his 20 alias and his constant posting of bullshit killed it.

Who cares. We are Americans. We fix sh!t. Let's Fawking fix it. I'm tired of the whining. The only way this place dies is if we do. Let's Fawking fix it!

short man syndrome didn't kill this bored with his new bored, he killed it with over 70,000 post :(

:clap:

i think me and recliner pilot ruined this place. :(

i think me and recliner pilot ruined this place. :(

You're what makes this place innocent and lovely.

• Like 1

i think you guys are not as free to express yourselves with me around.

i think recliner pilot's political threads overwhelmed the board.

where is he anyway?

where is he anyway?

Like these guys aren't bad enough as it is...? :lol:

FWIW I like having you around.

GFIAP with his 20 alias and his constant posting of bullshit killed it.

I feel bad for the people that were blamed for being me. The only aliases I ever used were for comic relief, like Hang In There and Darth Vader. But thanks to a bunch of whiners, they are banned now.

Also, please put me on ignore, thanks.

I feel bad for the people that were blamed for being me. The only aliases I ever used were for comic relief, like Hang In There and Darth Vader. But thanks to a bunch of whiners, they are banned now.

You forgot Bratwurst.

I voted for me :overhead:

where is he anyway?

I don't think the political threads killed the bored, every bored has politics on it. What I don't like about his is that you couldn't discuss the subject. If someone responed, he would reply with something stupid then the smilie of the guy swinging the rag.

Jerry and newbie showed that you can discuss politics and have opposing views and not be a douche.

newbie showed that you can discuss politics and have opposing views and not be a douche.

This might be the most incredibly inaccurate statement in the history of the mankind. It completely invalidates everything else you said.

This might be the most incredibly inaccurate statement in the history of the mankind. It completely invalidates everything else you said.

Newbie and RP were douchey, no doubt, but when it was a normal person talking to him, he was actually normal.

The guy that brought us the geek brackets. definitely crushed this board.

Newbie and RP were douchey, no doubt, but when it was a normal person talking to him, he was actually normal.

Exactly. I can act however someone acts towards me. Treat me with respect, and you'll get it back.

normal guys wear sleeves.

All he does is troll non stop in political threads. I have no idea what his political ideology is because he never shares an opinion on the topic. He's just there to harass a select group of posters.

Exactly. I can act however someone acts towards me. Treat me with respect, and you'll get it back.

Oh, Good Lord. :doh:

Oh, Good Lord. :doh:

Try it sometime. You used to once in a while. But if you'd rather just attack, I love that, too. You're an easy target. Your choice.

normal guys wear sleeves.

I wear sleeves 98.3% of the time. I have them on now. I have them on in my avatar pic. I have them on in most of my avatar pics. Maybe it's just the ones without that stick in your mind. :wub:

Try it sometime. You used to once in a while. But if you'd rather just attack, I love that, too. You're an easy target. Your choice.

Because you fight at the drop of a hat :lol:

I didn't realize there was a new edjr board, though I rarely post here anymore.

No idea what "killed" it but it 100% was NOT latinpimp. Once the site came back online things got pretty close to the way they were before that fiasco. I'm sure a handful of people never returned, but honestly I can't think of anyone specific who hasn't been here since (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). That happened, what, six years ago? It was really like three-ish years ago that the first tumbleweeds started bouncing through town.

The constant BS politics slapfights were (are) a big drag on the forum, I think. It becomes tiresome after a while when the entire front page is littered with threads whining about the same stupid topics over and over again. The ignore feature is nice, but flawed; it hides individual posts, but not threads created by "ignored" individuals, so the temptation to click on an aidsy thread topic and further infect the thread with another strain of aids can be difficult to overcome for the trolliest of us. ETA: Not only that, but if enough people have enough other people on "ignore," that itself can be a forum killer. Forums require communication in order to survive, and when half the people have the other half on ignore, you effectively have two small subforums instead of one big free-for-all.

Then there is the fact that AFAIK this is the only focking bored on the Internets where pics and animated gifs can't be embedded into posts. It's really stupid that that feature doesn't exist, and there is no reason not to have that functionality aside from being nervous about getting LATINPIMPED again, which is a dumb reason if that's what it is. I can't think of any other reason, and I don't recall the site admins offering up one.

Moreover, the board really hasn't "grown" in years, and without a regular infusion of new blood most any "online community" is doomed to death eventually. That's not really a knock on the board or the community, it's just a fact.

Maybe apathy is truly to blame here. Hard to say for sure. I would be surprised if people left en masse just because edjr started a new forum. But I guess anything is possible.

• Like 1

I didn't realize there was a new edjr board, though I rarely post here anymore.

No idea what "killed" it but it 100% was NOT latinpimp. Once the site came back online things got pretty close to the way they were before that fiasco. I'm sure a handful of people never returned, but honestly I can't think of anyone specific who hasn't been here since (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). That happened, what, six years ago? It was really like three-ish years ago that the first tumbleweeds started bouncing through town.

The constant BS politics slapfights were (are) a big drag on the forum, I think. It becomes tiresome after a while when the entire front page is littered with threads whining about the same stupid topics over and over again. The ignore feature is nice, but flawed; it hides individual posts, but not threads created by "ignored" individuals, so the temptation to click on an aidsy thread topic and further infect the thread with another strain of aids can be difficult to overcome for the trolliest of us.

Then there is the fact that AFAIK this is the only focking bored on the Internets where pics and animated gifs can't be embedded into posts. It's really stupid that that feature doesn't exist, and there is no reason not to have that functionality aside from being nervous about getting LATINPIMPED again, which is a dumb reason if that's what it is. I can't think of any other reason, and I don't recall the site admins offering up one.

Moreover, the board really hasn't "grown" in years, and without a regular infusion of new blood most any "online community" is doomed to death eventually. That's not really a knock on the board or the community, it's just a fact.

Maybe apathy is truly to blame here. Hard to say for sure. I would be surprised if people left en masse just because edjr started a new forum. But I guess anything is possible.

:thumbsup:

also http://nomoregfiafp.boards.net/ check it out

No political slap fights and you can post images. :banana:

Thanks ed, I'll check it out.

I mean, there was another "alternative" forum years ago (the name escapes me) which were completely unmoderated and that didn't kill this forum so I'm not sure why another one would.

I mean, there was another "alternative" forum years ago (the name escapes me) which were completely unmoderated and that didn't kill this forum so I'm not sure why another one would.

It's absurd. This forum was dying loooong before Ed started up The Closet. And most everyone at The Closet still posts here. Plus The Closet sees about ten posts a day so it's hardly siphoning off lots of content/traffic.

Newbie can indeed be a douche. So can I. RP made a board career out of it. It's just the nature of political arguing on the Interwebz.

And it's why I don't even bother with the politics threads/forums anymore. It's a waste of time and energy arguing about the . And you will literally NEVER change someone's mind about [insert politard issue du jour]. Like, has this EVER happened in the history of Interwebz political arguments?

It's pointless and stupid and I'm not going to be a party to it anymore. I know I'm right, that's all the validation I need.

Have you been banned from 2+2 yet? I saw a few (imo) pretty hilarious troll threads you posted over there but given how much more SERIOUSBIDNESS the modding is on that site I assumed it was only a matter of time before they sent you to perma band camp.

The Dan Zone was good times for a while, especially while this place was down