Sign in to follow this  
BudBro

Jeb Bush for president...

please, no.

i realize he can't be better for republicanism than obama has proven to be, but i'd rather not see another clinton or bush in any further political capacity.

do we have any leadership on either side at this point?

I just said the other day it is a sad state of affairs when after this election the last 5 Presidents will likely either be Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Bush or Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Clinton.

As I said in the other thread...Bush would be fine if he stuck to his own ways rather than getting pulled other directions by the party.

But I just don't think enough people will vote for another Bush...nor can he afford to distance himself from the party or W supporters and still win.

I can't believe either party is dumb enough to support these candidates.... Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.

Regardless of policies or qualifications, nowadays Americans vote for good speeches and charisma, something neither of those candidates have.

He seems less bad than most other Republican names being tossed around and he's a huge improvement over his brother (which isn't saying much) but pardon me if I have zero enthusiasm. Since it was brought up, I'm not pleased with the prospect of Hillary either.

Hopefully Jim Webb pulls an Obama and comes out of nowhere for the Dems but that's about it on that side. I like Rand Paul for the GOP. The GOP also has some good governors from the midwest that may run. The egg-shaped New Jersey governor as well if he can overcome his bridge scandal.

He seems less bad than most other Republican names being tossed around and he's a huge improvement over his brother (which isn't saying much) but pardon me if I have zero enthusiasm. Since it was brought up, I'm not pleased with the prospect of Hillary either.

what wrong with hirrary? Scared of dominant woman? You seem to like when I make you scrub floor naked. No complaint from you as you serve me dinner and give pedicure. You just acting like big fan in front of internet friends?

• Like 1

Jeb Bush vs Hillary :doh:

If ever there was a time for a 3rd party candidate to step up...

Th e only thing really bad about Jeb Bush is his name. He is totally different than his brother and a lot like his father -- for certain the best person the GOP could have in office -- thing is his Name is too much of a curse thanks to his brother.

I think Hillary will save the Ole Bill will be my S.O.S. for right after the last debate - and she will cruise to a win anyway.

Jeb Bush would likely do a fine job... he'll never get to find out though, thanks to his brother.

Jeb Bush would likely do a fine job... he'll never get to find out though, thanks to his brother.

And if Hillary gets the nomination it will be only because of her husbands name, not anything she has accomplished.

And if Hillary gets the nomination it will be only because of her husbands name, not anything she has accomplished.

True. She sure wouldn't get it for her time as S.O.S. Condy Rice did a better job than Hillary.

If it was your accomplishments that won you an election, bush sr would have won in a landslide.

Will never vote for him because we've already had two Bushes.

And Herbert Walker was a good president so that's not based solely off the steaming pile of sh!t that was George W.

I just think we should be able to come up with some other options in a nation of 300 million people :dunno:

Won't vote for Hilary for the same reason.

If it was your accomplishments that won you an election, bush sr would have won in a landslide.

...and nobody would have ever heard the name Barrack Obama.

Will never vote for him because we've already had two Bushes.

And Herbert Walker was a good president so that's not based solely off the steaming pile of sh!t that was George W.

I just think we should be able to come up with some other options in a nation of 300 million people :dunno:

Won't vote for Hilary for the same reason.

She's too phony to be electable, she's already said too much bullshit over the years.

HW Bush would have won if only Perot wouldn't have run I don't think it would have been a landslide but he would have won..

HW Bush was the best POTUS during my lifetime -- yet the Righties like to tout Reagan and the Lefties WJC

HW Bush

self man man - made millions in business

spent a good while in the senate

was the head of the CIA

8 years as VP

When everyone wanted him to go in take out Sadam he knew what would come after that - so he brought everyone home.

His one flaw was the whole read my lips phrase about taxes. I actually applaud him as rather than just playing politics and not raising taxes he when ahead and did it anyway becasue he had to.

I don't know much about Jeb - I have heard he is a lot like his father -- 50% of what HW was is better than 100% of the trash we have had the last 14 years

He may as well be named Jeb Hitler. After what the last Bush did to this country, he doesn't stand a chance.

He may as well be named Jeb Hitler. After what the last Bush did to this country, he doesn't stand a chance.

Hopefully he he got the nom people would give him a chance and hear him out

At least it's been 70 years since Hitler

Hopefully he he got the nom people would give him a chance and hear him out

And hopefully the party doesn't shape him and he runs on his ideas and how he is different. I dont have much faith in that though.

And hopefully the party doesn't shape him and he runs on his ideas and how he is different. I dont have much faith in that though.

Look he is the most promising of the people talked about so far - in terms of being good for the country. I admit his name might be too much to overcome and thats sad.

Hillary - look at Bill's first 2 years in office 92-94 ... if you liked that vote for her -- after 94 is when Bill basically gave her the HAND and said stay the fock out of my business. Romney - I actually think he wuld be pretty good - he is just way to nice of a guy to run for office.

H W bush a self made man? His family owned banks for gods sake. You. Could at least read his Wikipedia page. That being said, he served his country like a man even though his father offered to get him out of it, unlike his dullard son who ducked out of going to Vietnam

At least it's been 70 years since Hitler

:lol:

He is going to get drafted because the republicans don't have anyone that can stand out like he does. And he can reach Latino voters especially with Rubio as his vp.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/28/politics/bush-leads-gop-field-poll/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Washington (CNN) -- Jeb Bush is the clear Republican presidential frontrunner, surging to the front of the potential GOP pack following his announcement that he's "actively exploring" a bid, a new CNN/ORC poll found.

He takes nearly one-quarter — 23% — of Republicans surveyed in the new nationwide poll, putting him 10 points ahead of his closest competitor, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who tallied 13%.

Physician Ben Carson comes in third, with 7% support, and Sen. Rand Paul and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee are both tied for fourth with 6%.

That marks a drop in support for all but Christie and Bush from the last CNN/ORC survey of the field, conducted in November. That poll showed Bush in the lead, but only taking 14% of the vote, while Carson came in second with 11% and Christie tied Rep. Paul Ryan for fourth with 9% support.

Bush's 10-point lead is a milestone for the potential GOP field — it marks the first time any prospective candidate has reached a lead beyond a poll's margin of error in the past two years.

If it's Clinton/Bush, I'm not voting (in the presidential race, I'm sure I will vote for other offices).

what wrong with hirrary? Scared of dominant woman? You seem to like when I make you scrub floor naked. No complaint from you as you serve me dinner and give pedicure. You just acting like big fan in front of internet friends?

Epic. :first:

Unless you live in one of the swing states, your vote doesn't matter.

I disagree. Your vote matters to the extent that the popular vote = political capital. So yeah it won't decide a state or an election but it will convey a message.

If there is going to be a Bush in the White House, I'd prefer it not be Hilary.

There is too much video tape of her "mis-statements" that it would almost be impossible to elect her.

There is too much video tape of her "mis-statements" that it would almost be impossible to elect her.

As opposed to bush who literally wrote new laws into place to stop terri shaivo from being allowed to die. That's small government in action right?

If there is going to be a Bush in the White House, I'd prefer it not be Hilary.

Everybody knows she's shaved bare.

• Like 1

All she needs to do is say Bill will be Sec. of State and it doesn't matter

All she needs to do is say Bill will be Sec. of State and it doesn't matter

Would never happen. He is a former President. They have such huge egos, they would never take a demotion. Much like a CEO of a major corp.