Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

De Smith: Lockout or strike in 2021 is “almost a virtual certainty”

There are many jobs where the employee is subject to a disciplinary process that merely relies on the preponderance of evidence, and not beyond reasonable doubt as we find in our justice system. The military for one, many civil service jobs. The players are under no obligation to take employment in a league owned by others. And it's not like the league is looking to bring these guys up on charges, except for drug testing. The league would love to not have to take any action.

I'm not saying what they are doing is illegal. It isn't. It just looks bad. And the bad process just leads to more stories that "tarnish the sheild" which is what the whole process is supposed to prevent.

I'm just saying there are better ways to accomplish their goal. I am all for running the criminal Jagoffs out of the league. I just think it would be in their best interest to make it appear less arbitrary and capricious is all.

That would be awesome if there was a strike in the NFL...

Yes posty, we all know you hate everything popular. No need to remind us

I haven't heard one News source blame the Union for negotiating the contract. The players went for the money and less and easier practice time and now they whine because they are stupid and greedy.