Your confusion, in other words, is akin to someone wondering - 100 years ago - how in the world you could possibly withdraw money from a bank without actually visiting the bank.

It's also akin to not understanding how the following train of thought is valid:

Me: blockchain doesn't seem necessary for most IoT exchanges since standard internet protocols handle it more efficiently.

You: connecting to the internet takes too much power.

How the hell do you access the block chain (or any decentralized implementation) without accessing the internet or the network of processors - which would take the exact same amount of power?

LEND has by far been my best performer in the last 2 weeks. ETH is solid as a rock as well.

IOTA, I will hope, will have its time.

ZRX has been killing it. I had my money in Lend though

Bounty0x is around 100m market cap. It already exploded to a degree, but still lots of room for growth. It's available on Kucoin

anyone have any thoughts on DENT?

My kid opened my car door the other night and a huge breeze slammed the door into the car next to us :mad:

My kid opened my car door the other night and a huge breeze slammed the door into the car next to us :mad:

Don't you have a trade to process?

Don't you have a trade to process?

That's the kind of attitude that gets you suspended :mad:

Why is there 2 trades of the exact same people?

That's the kind of attitude that gets you suspended :mad:

Why is there 2 trades of the exact same people?

Because this is probably the first league that either of us is in that requires a commish approval. I have never seen that before in any of my leagues.

Why even have commish approval if you allow gocolts to trade away future first round picks for nothing at all.

I seem to be a little late to the party on most every coin. Verify, a coin that was around a 3m market cap on Dec 18th is now at about 48m. Still low, but damn, that's what I need to find. Something tiny, but has a good team and some positive reviews on it.

Because this is probably the first league that either of us is in that requires a commish approval. I have never seen that before in any of my leagues.

Why even have commish approval if you allow gocolts to trade away future first round picks for nothing at all.

I wasn't the acting commish last 4/5 years

That is why we fired that bum MD

HTH

It's also akin to not understanding how the following train of thought is valid:

Me: blockchain doesn't seem necessary for most IoT exchanges since standard internet protocols handle it more efficiently.

You: connecting to the internet takes too much power.

How the hell do you access the block chain (or any decentralized implementation) without accessing the internet or the network of processors - which would take the exact same amount of power?

You don't have to access the 'network of processors' for the actual interchange between wallets; each transaction prompts a communication with two other nodes. The prior transaction is registered in the distributed ledger, and then the next two transactions in surrounding nodes with which that wallet is involved confirms the validity of that prior transaction.

Standard internet protocols do not handle what it is we're describing, because tiny devices separated from substantial power supplies cannot connect to the internet, and - even if they could - the network would be wholly overloaded (like cell services are during football games). There will no longer be a need to validate the parameters of transactions by checking with a centralized authority via the 'net.

We're talking about an avalanche of information which is usually 'tiny data', generated by tiny devices, and only useful for that moment. Think 'Minority Report', where the Tom Cruise character is walking in a mall and all the displays are reacting to him with tailored messages as he does so.

We haven't even thought of a small fraction of the ways this technology will be used.

Someone earlier in this thread said not to buy several CC's and sort of focus on one.

I went and bought 4 random ones last week based on their % of recent gain.

Granted it's only a week, but it sure is fun to watch

You don't have to access the 'network of processors' for the actual interchange between wallets; each transaction prompts a communication with two other nodes. The prior transaction is registered in the distributed ledger, and then the next two transactions in surrounding nodes with which that wallet is involved confirms the validity of that prior transaction.

Standard internet protocols do not handle what it is we're describing, because tiny devices separated from substantial power supplies cannot connect to the internet, and - even if they could - the network would be wholly overloaded (like cell services are during football games). There will no longer be a need to validate the parameters of transactions by checking with a centralized authority via the 'net.

We're talking about an avalanche of information which is usually 'tiny data', generated by tiny devices, and only useful for that moment. Think 'Minority Report', where the Tom Cruise character is walking in a mall and all the displays are reacting to him with tailored messages as he does so.

We haven't even thought of a small fraction of the ways this technology will be used.

So how do the two wallets connect?

So how do the two wallets connect?

a gay chain

Ethereum Regains Title as Second Most Valuable Cryptocurrency Behind Bitcoin
January 8, 2018

It’s been a fierce battle for silver in the cryptocurrency world in recent days.
On Monday, Ethereum regained the title of second most valuable cryptoccurency after rival asset Ripple held its ground for roughly a week.
Ripple prices fell roughly 25% Monday to $2.50, leading a broader sell-off in the cryptocurrency markets. Bitcoin values also fell roughly 7.6% to $15,000, while Ethereum prices rose slightly, 2.5% to $1,155. That pushed Ripple’s market capitalization down to $98.5 billion, and lifted Ethereum’s value to $111.9 billion, according to data firm CoinMarketCap. Bitcoin, meanwhile, maintains its top spot with a valuation of $255.1 billion.
It was a hodge podge of news Monday that helped shape those shifting dynamics. For one, reports have emerged that the Chinese government, home to the world’s largest Bitcoin mining operation, would push for an “orderly exit” from the cryptocurrency mining business, Quartz reported.
Then, CoinMarketCap, a major source of information in the crypto world, decided to remove data from South Korean exchanges in its calculation of asset prices. Since cryptocurrency generally trades higher in South Korea, the removal looked like a sudden across-the-board sell off—triggering panicked selling from investors who were not immediately made aware of the change.
“First, it was due to capital flows with investors realizing their profits from cryptocurrencies,” said Iqbal Gandham, Managing Director at cryptocurrency brokerage eToro in an email to Fortune. “Secondly, a data adjustment by CoinMarketCap, the most popular site for cryptocurrency pricing data, removed South Korean exchanges from its site, which have been known to trade much higher than the rest of the world.”

Thank you

I seem to be a little late to the party on most every coin. Verify, a coin that was around a 3m market cap on Dec 18th is now at about 48m. Still low, but damn, that's what I need to find. Something tiny, but has a good team and some positive reviews on it.

Shoot me a PM of yiu find one that catches your eye. And is on Kucoin. I wish I had the time to do more Due Diligence

I concept of the mutual fund came about because few people could afford single shares if stock. I realize you can buy fractions of coins but the first fund of coins could have merit.

Just an observation as the big coins have high price tags and thus some people avoid investing in them.

I concept of the mutual fund came about because few people could afford single shares if stock. I realize you can buy fractions of coins but the first fund of coins could have merit.

Just an observation as the big coins have high price tags and thus some people avoid investing in them.

I only bought 1/10 of a bitcoin, it was at 14k when I did it.

but it's enabled me to use it to exchange it for a bunch of other coins.

I only bought 1/10 of a bitcoin, it was at 14k when I did it.

but it's enabled me to use it to exchange it for a bunch of other coins.

Correct.

90s did try to short Doge. He was talking about how easy that money was.... Maybe he put too much into the short?

I ended up losing a few grand on that but luckily I didnt put much into it.

Not dead guys, haha. Went on vacation for the holidays just got back a few days ago and getting back into my routine.

Seems you all have been finding coins and making a good profit the last two weeks. Anyone want to tl:dr for me and catch me up?

Oh and ETH. 👍🏻

anyone have any thoughts on DENT?

Itching to get my hands on it, but it's not on too many exchanges yet.

I also have my eyes on Voise (VOISE) and Telegram (TON).

Have my hands in these altcoins currently:

Tron (TRX)

Icon (ICX)

Stellar (XLM)

FunFair (FUN)

EnjinCoin (ENJ)

ETHLend (LEND)

Po.et (POE)

Cindicator (CND)

Wish I had stayed in VeChain (VEN). It looks very promising.

Curious about Unify (UNIFY), Verify (CRED), Publica (PBL), and Oyster Pearl (PRL).

XRP acting like a little b¡tch. Gave away a bunch of my bajillions thanks to that Coinbase rumor getting squashed. I'm going to get some more though. It will be added to coinbase eventually. Or lese coinbase will be added to it if you catch my drift.

Like Bluetooth? Eh, I don't know about all that. Kind of defeats the purpose of the super-delux secure security.

Like Bluetooth? Eh, I don't know about all that. Kind of defeats the purpose of the super-delux secure security.

NFC doesn't really encompass Bluetooth. It's a class of RFID communication, and there are varieties of it. ZWave and Zigbee were developed to allow data transmission without as much energy as Bluetooth consumes.

And - regardless - the security isn't in question. This is encrypted data. You could broadcast it with a megaphone.

ETH, man when to cash out, already took the initial 10k out at 1000, bought 10k worth at 297

I think - this year - that ETH runs to 3k.

I think - this year - that ETH runs to 3k.

Once again, I should have bought more. My initial investment in ETH is +155%.

I shoulda put 50K in this one.

• Like 1

Once again, I should have bought more. My initial investment in ETH is +155%.

I shoulda put 50K in this one.

I am up 33,000 in ETH in 2 months

started with 10k, so thats like I want to say 430%? Not sure, 10k bought me 33 ish shares, x 1300+ -10k initial

• Like 1

Warren Buffet, just now on CNBC: "Bitcoin will come to a bad ending."

I saw another talking head last night on one of the stations saying if you are in cryptos, you should allocate no more than 5% of your total portfolio to them.

Not trying to wet blanket this whole thing, just repeating what I heard.

I saw another talking head last night on one of the stations saying if you are in cryptos, you should allocate no more than 5% of your total portfolio to them.

This thread is turning into your typical "pretend how big your d1ck" is thread anyway.

$6 isn't going to get me very far. :mad:

started with 10k, so thats like I want to say 430%? Not sure, 10k bought me 33 ish shares, x 1300+ -10k initial

Thats a nice chunk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/06/warren-buffett-admits-he-made-a-mistake-on-google.html

Warren Buffett: I was wrong on Google and 'too dumb' to appreciate Amazon

A lot of people made a fortune in Bre-X. Try arguing with them that is wasn't a good investment.

So what are you getting at?

He's old and and not always right. '

What he says is not gospel

He's old and and not always right. '

What he says is not gospel

His time has passed, he killed it in the stock market, made billions. He doesn't need to risk money on 'risky' investments, especially those he doesn't comprehend.

Google and Amazon are great examples, the game changed, he didn't.

That's awesome. If my math's right you are up 330%. Up 33k on a 10k investment.