The smart play was always three things:

1. Get in early enough.

2. Get out with your original investment at least (in my case, original investment + ~double).

3. Stay invested in those currencies/software in which you believe long term. That requires a lot of research.

I did that.

Cant argue with steps one and two. Not I will ever believe in any of these long term. I didn't do much research.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/over-dollar200-billion-wiped-off-the-value-of-cryptocurrencies-as-bitcoin-ethereum-and-ripple-sink-sharply/ar-AAuNv4b?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Over $200 billion wiped off the value of cryptocurrencies as bitcoin, ethereum and ripple sink sharply

Buy buy buy

and

Bye :wave:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/over-dollar200-billion-wiped-off-the-value-of-cryptocurrencies-as-bitcoin-ethereum-and-ripple-sink-sharply/ar-AAuNv4b?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Over $200 billion wiped off the value of cryptocurrencies as bitcoin, ethereum and ripple sink sharply

Buy buy buy

and

By :wave:

That's ~$200 million some poor schmucks are eventually gonna lose. Classic Pump and Dump going on right now....at least in the myriad smaller currencies that are out there right now.

Right now they are saying buy Bitcoin to protect against inflation.

Right now they are saying buy Bitcoin to protect against inflation.

I will give you that Bitcoin, by virtue of what it is, is insulated from inflations worries. It can also be worthless in a moments notice.

I will give you that Bitcoin, by virtue of what it is, is insulated from inflation's worries. It can also be worthless in a moments notice.

If you own Bitcoin, you'll always be able to barter with it. It will never lose its bartering value.

If you own Bitcoin, you'll always be able to barter with it. It will never lose its bartering value.

Step away from the pipe. :bandana:

One bitcoin for two beanie babies and a collector Franklin Mint Elvis Viva Las Vegas plate.

I cant wait till all the stories come in about the schmucks that maxed out credit cards or otherwise invested way too much in this get rich quick scheme.

I cant wait till all the stories come in about the schmucks that maxed out credit cards or otherwise invested way too much in this get rich quick scheme.

I really don't want people to be in significant financial distress over this, buuuuuut I would bet 95% of people have no clue what they're truly "investing" in and, therefore, have no one to blame but themselves. If it's too good to be true...

• Like 1

I really don't want people to be in significant financial distress over this, buuuuuut I would bet 95% of people have no clue what they're truly "investing" in and, therefore, have no one to blame but themselves. If it's too good to be true...

Say it isn't so :(

Just buy more. Average down. You'll eventually make money, right?

sorry son, no college for you. Daddy spent it on cryptocoin in 2017

Just buy more. Average down. You'll eventually make money, right?

Eventually? If people didn't take some profits at all time highs that's on them.

Eventually? If people didn't take some profits at all time highs that's on them.

When do you know it's all time high, when everyday is an all time high :dunno:

When do you know it's all time high, when everyday is an all time high :dunno:

Three weeks later.

• Like 1

All time highs? Huh?

So...you buy .25 Bitcoin at 10,345 on Tuesday, it goes to its all time high of 10,945 on Wednesday, you should have sold? Or....you should have waited til it hit 19,340 because that was going to end up being the eventual all time high?

Which one?

All time highs? Huh?

So...you buy .25 Bitcoin at 10,345 on Tuesday, it goes to its all time high of 10,945 on Wednesday, you should have sold? Or....you should have waited til it hit 19,340 because that was going to end up being the eventual all time high?

Which one?

Yes

Yes

Exactly.

All time highs? Huh?

Which one?

tubby, you should sell at the time you will make the most money. You want to buy low and sell high. I can't give you all the answers or I'm going to have to start charging you a fee.

tubby, you should sell at the time you will make the most money. You want to buy low and sell high. I can't give you all the answers or I'm going to have to start charging you a fee.

Exactly.

All time highs? Huh?

Which one?

Assuming a $250 investment. when its at 10,345 you are looking at $10,345,000. At some point you gotta remember what you are dealing with and bail, on half anyway? at least?

For those of you that prepaid your yearly fees for the Edex Cup. thank for helping me pay down my credit card debt from CC purchases.

For those of you that prepaid your yearly fees for the Edex Cup. thank for helping me pay down my credit card debt from CC purchases.

:mad:

:doublethumbsup:

It's really nice that you'll be able to pay out in CC if needed. You're a focking genius.

It's really nice that you'll be able to pay out in CC if needed. You're a focking genius.

Are you in for the EdEx Cup 3?

eth still up 10% in the last month

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's great but you're ignoring the fact that people with fear of missing out bought at 1250-1400 because naturally thousand percent gains were never going to end.

I sold my eth at 988. Wish I had sold at 1200 but I made 2x my investment. Now I'm just trying to guestimate where a bottom might be.

I don't think so.

Boooo!! Hsssss!!

Okay :cheers:

That's great but you're ignoring the fact that people with fear of missing out bought at 1250-1400 because naturally thousand percent gains were never going to end.

I sold my eth at 988. Wish I had sold at 1200 but I made 2x my investment. Now I'm just trying to guestimate where a bottom might be.

My guess is between 50 and 300 dollars.

their loss.... people acting like this is some epic crash and end of the world need to stop... they said the same thing a few weeks ago

E to the T to the H

:pointstosky:

suicide watch?

their loss.... people acting like this is some epic crash and end of the world need to stop... they said the same thing a few weeks ago

It may rebound from this crash, but there will be a crash in the future without a rebound. In my opinion the graphs show a bubble. I think the prices for a couple of the major ones will be up slightly over the long term average, ie slightly over 1000 for bitcoin and maybe 1-2 hundred for eth.

I think the vast majority will end up being worthless in the long run.

My opinion is not based in any research, just a guess based on past bubbles like the housing bubble and tech crash.

So its a good buying opportunity?

The current crash is not even close to the last mini crash which felt more like a normal correction than a crash

All time highs? Huh?

Which one?

They'll have to wait it out, they'll be fine. Or they will panic and sell.

:dunno:

That's how this thing works, nobody should be betting more than they can afford on this deal..

That should be a given.

We'll revisit in a few weeks.

The current crash is not even close to the last mini crash which felt more like a normal correction than a crash

when eth went to 601? and its 873 now?