Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

NE pass defense

My opponent this week only has Winston at QB on his roster. Tonight is our WW bids. The best QB available is Siemian. So I figure to try to block my opponent from him at least, since Winston's status is up in the air.

Then I noticed that Siemian plays NE in week 10. NE is by far the worst defense in terms of passing yards allowed. Almost 2000 yards given up year to date.

Anyone else look ahead to WW type QBs to come to life against NE?

Not sure that's a great move, he could just pick up Fitz, or even Hundley and score more points. Let him pick up Siemian, it's a run/def team without Sanders and hurt Thomas.

NE is too unpredictable, you don't want anything to do with stuff that go against BB. He is the best coach ever.

I'm all for blocking someone getting the best player available, but a LOT can happen between then and now. Don't overthink it.

Ends up the guy didn't even try to pick him up. He went after Hundley and didn't get him. But he did get Taylor.

I got Siemian and will hold him for now as I may need him in week 10 against NE who has yet to allow less than 300 yards passing from my understanding. I can always drop him anytime anyway if I change my mind. I currently don't want anyone on the waiver wire anyway over my current rostered players.

Ends up the guy didn't even try to pick him up. He went after Hundley and didn't get him. But he did get Taylor.

I got Siemian and will hold him for now as I may need him in week 10 against NE who has yet to allow less than 300 yards passing from my understanding. I can always drop him anytime anyway if I change my mind. I currently don't want anyone on the waiver wire anyway over my current rostered players.

NE will be coming off their bye week in week 10. their record coming off bye is very good. they tend to fix thing that are broken and prepare better for the upcoming week pretty much better than anybody else.

NE will be coming off their bye week in week 10. their record coming off bye is very good. they tend to fix thing that are broken and prepare better for the upcoming week pretty much better than anybody else.

Very good point on this. I just think they are such a bad defense that even Belichek cannot overcome. He will focus more on scoring 130 points against Denver.

My opponent this week only has Winston at QB on his roster. Tonight is our WW bids. The best QB available is Siemian. So I figure to try to block my opponent from him at least, since Winston's status is up in the air.

Then I noticed that Siemian plays NE in week 10. NE is by far the worst defense in terms of passing yards allowed. Almost 2000 yards given up year to date.

Anyone else look ahead to WW type QBs to come to life against NE?

Siemian is not that good. Don’t worry about him.

Siemian is not that good. Dont worry about him.

Hes number 12 in my league so far this year. And he will be matched up with the number 32 pass defense in week 10. Where does he sit in your league? What is your scoring setup for QBs? 1 point for every pass incompletion and 10 points for each drive resulting in no points? Your league sucks.

Hes number 12 in my league so far this year. And he will be matched up with the number 32 pass defense in week 10. Where does he sit in your league? What is your scoring setup for QBs? 1 point for every pass incompletion and 10 points for each drive resulting in no points? Your league sucks.

On the waiver wire where he belongs. The first two weeks ended five weeks ago. The last four weeks is the true Siemian. About 10 points per game.

On the waiver wire where he belongs. The first two weeks ended five weeks ago. The last four weeks is the true Siemian. About 10 points per game.

How does your league give 10 points for 376 yards passing and a touchdown? And why would you dismiss the first 2 of 5 games played anyway? You have a crap league.

They've been sitting Gilmore and Rowe too. (Don't think they're really injured -- just a "get your sh1t together" hiatus.) If those guys get back on board it could be a huge difference

They've been sitting Gilmore and Rowe too. (Don't think they're really injured -- just a "get your sh1t together" hiatus.) If those guys get back on board it could be a huge difference

Wow, they are waitimg all year to plan a good defensive game. Nice.

Wow, they are waitimg all year to plan a good defensive game. Nice.

Ultimately they only care if the defense is good enough for the playoffs. Still a long way 'til then.

I don't think it will be, mind you. Just sayin' that's their timeline