Sign in to follow this  
CantTouchThis

*Official* 2016/17 NBA season thread *Official*

Anybody complaining about the Lakers blatant tank job yet?

Suns are worse. I don't blame teams for doing it, I blame the league for fostering a culture / rules where it makes sense to tank over try to win.

Suns are worse. I don't blame teams for doing it, I blame the league for fostering a culture / rules where it makes sense to tank over try to win.

I remember a lot of crying about Hinkie / Sixers waaaa :cry: . It seems like a quarter of the league is in tank mode this year, no complaints about the Lakers, Suns, Knicks etc.

I remember a lot of crying about Hinkie / Sixers waaaa :cry: . It seems like a quarter of the league is in tank mode this year, no complaints about the Lakers, Suns, Knicks etc.

I know you like to tweak my words so they fit whatever point you want to make at the time but personally I never complained about the Sixers tanking.

I merely laughed and pointed out that they were dong it EVERY year and making no progress. I.e. drafting big man after big man in a guard cenitric league or having homers grt super excited about players like nerlens Noel and then 2 years later "meh he wasn't that important and we got a nice return".

Teams can tank if they want. I think it's a bit of a joke.. especially when the suns are actively fouling to extend a game in order to get their player 70 points when they WANT to lose but tanking is unfortunately inevitable

I know you like to tweak my words so they fit whatever point you want to make at the time but personally I never complained about the Sixers tanking.

I merely laughed and pointed out that they were dong it EVERY year and making no progress. I.e. drafting big man after big man in a guard cenitric league or having homers grt super excited about players like nerlens Noel and then 2 years later "meh he wasn't that important and we got a nice return".

Teams can tank if they want. I think it's a bit of a joke.. especially when the suns are actively fouling to extend a game in order to get their player 70 points when they WANT to lose but tanking is unfortunately inevitable

The bolded is absolutely on point. You've have to give MDC some leeway on this one, when your team tanks for several years and has nothing to show for it, you get a little frustrated.

KSB is cute with his lists of players, the 2-time reigning mvp will keep hitting daggers on the road against a really good Houston team to get the win regardless where you rank him.

8 game win streak without Durant.. :lol: :lol: I'm on pins and needles waiting on a follow-up to this garbage...

Dear Golden State Warrior fanboys,

Yes, I realize most of you are under 18 years of age, but in the happenstance you are reading this......DO NOT whine about Kevin Durant's injury. Welcome to the real world. Most teams deal with injury all the time to key players. It's decimated my Hornets this year. The Cavs, your rival, have had Kyrie - Love - JR Smith, all starters miss significant time the past couple years, including playoffs.

Shut it.....don't even.

If the two time MVP can't carry your team to the title then he really isn't the MVP, he's a circus shot fraud.

Sincerely,

Everybody not living in the Bay Area and over 18

:wave:

I actually wasn't talking about you, I was talking about all the whining in the media. :cheers:

Sixers beat the Nets AGAIN last night, 3-0 on the year. :lol:

I actually wasn't talking about you, I was talking about all the whining in the media. :cheers:

Sixers beat the Nets AGAIN last night, 3-0 on the year. :lol:

They did. But I think they are the bottom two teams in the east? And the Sixers have been "rebuilding" forever.

The NBA sucks so bad. Even the players and teams are basically admitting that the regular season is pretty useless and not important.

I grew up playing basketball as my main sport. USed to love to watch it. Still like going to college games. But I just haven't been able to watch the NBA for years now. I like the conf finals and nba finals.

We all knew who the top teams would be like we do each year. Wake me up when it matters.

They did. But I think they are the bottom two teams in the east? And the Sixers have been "rebuilding" forever.

I hate to break this to you but the Nets have won 21 and 16 games the past two years. They also have no first rounder this year. They are gonna be rebuilding for way longer than Philly.

Nice going Billy King.

The NBA sucks so bad. Even the players and teams are basically admitting that the regular season is pretty useless and not important.

I grew up playing basketball as my main sport. USed to love to watch it. Still like going to college games. But I just haven't been able to watch the NBA for years now. I like the conf finals and nba finals.

We all knew who the top teams would be like we do each year. Wake me up when it matters.

It's been a combination of things. Resting players (which I have a solution for) free agents teaming up with other stars as opposed to wanting to beat them. NBA was not like this in the 80s and 90s. I loved watching the Ewing Starks knicks.

I loved watching the Ewing Starks knicks.

Those were probably my favorite NBA teams of alltime. Loved Oakley and Mason on those teams too.

It's been a combination of things. Resting players (which I have a solution for) free agents teaming up with other stars as opposed to wanting to beat them. NBA was not like this in the 80s and 90s. I loved watching the Ewing Starks knicks.

NBA in the 80s and 90s was Fantastic. Showtime Lakers, Bird and the Celtics, Bad Boys Pistons, Bulls all were so good that so many really good teams never got a sniff of a title.

Curious to hear your solution to resting guys. The only thing I can think of that would help is if they did it at home.

I agree. What you said and add in that not only do the best teams rest several times a year, the worst teams clearly tank. So who the fock is even playing?

And not sure what the state of the game is now, but last I left off watching the league was full of fouls and flopping. A free throw contest or no defense are the options.

Not sure how to fix all of this. But it has slowly went south over the last 10 years. Ratings I have heard, are down. Ticket sales have to be as well. Why would anyone buy a ticket more than a day in advance if you have no clue who will be playing?

It's scary how good Curry is, that stroke is so pure.

Feel bad for the people who can't appreciate it.

It's scary how good Curry is, that stroke is so pure.

Feel bad for the people who can't appreciate it.

Nobody ever said he's not a tremendous shooter of the basketball. His shot is pure. One of the best three point shooters I've ever seen. NBA All Star.

It's simply that people went overboard. Nauseatingly so. He's not the best basketball player in the league (2 time MVP). That's almost laughable. He's not even the best player on his own team.

Shout out to the NBA announcing team of Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, & Mark Jackson. Best team in sports.

Nobody ever said he's not a tremendous shooter of the basketball. His shot is pure. One of the best three point shooters I've ever seen. NBA All Star.

It's simply that people went overboard. Nauseatingly so. He's not the best basketball player in the league (2 time MVP). That's almost laughable. He's not even the best player on his own team.

Exactly. His shot is probably the best in NBA history arguably.

He just brings little else to the table. That's what drives me crazy when people gush over him.

Back to back wins in Houston and San Antonio, as impressive as it gets. Curry is special, if you think the only thing he brings to the table is a 3 point shot, you aren't paying attention.

32/10/7

29/3/11

NBA in the 80s and 90s was Fantastic. Showtime Lakers, Bird and the Celtics, Bad Boys Pistons, Bulls all were so good that so many really good teams never got a sniff of a title.

Curious to hear your solution to resting guys. The only thing I can think of that would help is if they did it at home.

Well, it may just lead to the obvious "resting' of players under false pretenses but I would say it has to be at home so if you want to hurt the fan experience you do so for your own fans. Additionally, if you sit a player for rest, they MUST miss 2 or 3 games in a row. See how many teams want to risk bing without their stars for multiple games in a row rather than a specified 1 game of rest for them all.