Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Beer: Light vs Dark

Seasonal to me...lighter in the hotter months...darker when it's cooler.

But haven't been drinking as much beer. Bourbon mostly.

• Like 1

At this point in my life everything tastes great. I don't get out much. Given the choice a pint of Guinness though. But I need the next day off if I have a bunch, because whiskey goes with it. Hang overs are brutal now. I over indulge maybe 2x a year, never in front of my kids. Usually the fantasy draft, and fantasy dinner. I stay in a hotel. My kids will never see me wasted.

For me it depends on my mood and the season. But if I had to choose one then it would be dark beer

At this point in my life everything tastes great. I don't get out much. Given the choice a pint of Guinness though. But I need the next day off if I have a bunch, because whiskey goes with it. Hang overs are brutal now. I over indulge maybe 2x a year, never in front of my kids. Usually the fantasy draft, and fantasy dinner. I stay in a hotel. My kids will never see me wasted.

Then never let them see you after any thread you argue with newbie because he wastes you every time.

My local grocery store let's you mix and match 6 packs so I'll get a little of everything, but I have been into dark beers recently.

I love Killian's Irish Red.

This.

Modela Especial or Stella Artois is spring & summer then Dos Equis Amber or Negra Modela in fall & winter.

This.

Modela Especial or Stella Artois is spring & summer then Dos Equis Amber or Negra Modela in fall & winter.

Damn...(don't take this as too political...just a observation)with you being a full on GOP and Trump guy...the Mexican beers + Stella are interesting. I'm more into the American micro and craft beers or other smaller American breweries. Bells Oberon for my summer...ora ndaful from Mew Gloria that I bring back on trips from Wisconsin.

Though...if going import I usually go with a German Dunkel or Kolsh or a goodBelgian (not tha blue moon piss)

Damn...(don't take this as too political...just a observation)with you being a full on GOP and Trump guy...the Mexican beers + Stella are interesting. I'm more into the American micro and craft beers or other smaller American breweries. Bells Oberon for my summer...ora ndaful from Mew Gloria that I bring back on trips from Wisconsin.

Though...if going import I usually go with a German Dunkel or Kolsh or a goodBelgian (not tha blue moon piss)

I don't like the IPAs but the Mex beers just hit the spot. I do drink some Amberbock and Yuengling but prefer the others. :cheers:

Beer is disgusting - the flavor is nasty.

I drink coors light and bud light.

• Like 1

Beer is disgusting - the flavor is nasty.

I drink coors light and bud light.

Therein lies your flavor problem.

I enjoy a good saison,my favorite being Boulevard's Tank 7.

I don't like the IPAs but the Mex beers just hit the spot. I do drink some Amberbock and Yuengling but prefer the others. :cheers:

Im not big into most IPAs either. Think they have become way to overhyped.

Dark beers give me headaches, almost instantly - never been able to enjoy them bcoz of this.

Dark beers give me headaches, almost instantly - never been able to enjoy them bcoz of this.

lots-o-lightweights here. :rolleyes:

Quilter's Irish Death

Created by the brewery's founder, Quilter's Irish Death is what we call a dark, smooth, ale. Any attempt at classifying it just ends up sending beer geeks into a style guidelines diatribe. So forget style guidelines. Is your pursuit of micro beer about tasting copies of a style that fit guidelines anyways? (Neither is ours) Irish Death is a malt bomb. We lovingly refer to it as beer candy. We heart our candy store. While tempting to session this beer, the name is a necessary reminder that despite the surprising approachability, this beer weighs in at a hefty 7.8% ABV.

http://www.ironhorsebrewery.com/brews.php?n=Quilters%20Irish%20Death

This.

Dos Amber is excellent... Been into IPAs alot. Like Lagunitas, goose neck, harpoon.

Summer beers are B light, b light lime, leinenkugel summer shandy.

Summer beers are B light, b light lime, leinenkugel summer shandy.

Don't know if available in your area but you might give Boulevard Wheat a try.

pretty much....

spring and summer:

kona lager

kona wheat

pacifico

make my own radlers (shandies)

belgian wit and german hefe

fall and winter:

dunkelweissen

bigger belgian ales (doppels, triples, quads)

seasonal winter bier

i like a lot of new belgium biers, but most of what i enjoy is not available out here. too many IPA variations

I am not drinking as much bier and wine as i used to.... more cocktails these days

I totally forgot about Fat Tire that's awesome

:thumbsup: If you like that you should try New Belgium's Summer offering called Skinny Dip

I'll drink any beer other than sours. I can't stand that sh!t

Love IPA's. The pinier the better.

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse is my favorite beer of all time. For whatever reason, BevMo stopped carrying it though...so when I can get my hands on it now, it's a special treat.

:thumbsup: If you like that you should try New Belgium's Summer offering called Skinny Dip

I tried some other Belgian ones and somewhere pretty disgusting.

Hogarten was like a 90 year old's urine sample.

I'll drink any beer other than sours. I can't stand that sh!t

Love IPA's. The pinier the better.

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse is my favorite beer of all time. For whatever reason, BevMo stopped carrying it though...so when I can get my hands on it now, it's a special treat.

The Hacker is a great one yes.

Pretty much only buy IPAs. Harpoon, Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas. Lighter options like Founders Day All Day IPA and Ipswich 101. Baxter Stowaway, Shipyard Monkeyfist, and Southern Tier 2xIPA for heavier options.

Man a good Mexican beer with lime is perfect for the beach/pool/lake. Carta Blanca has been one that I drank down in Texas all the time. Get the small limes too and cut those up.

• Like 1

And paying $6-7 a beer for them too. F that.

ill pay $7 for a 9% ipa any day :thumbsup:

Double ipa if given the choice

Im not big into most IPAs either. Think they have become way to overhyped.

The problem isn't IPAs per se, it's session IPAs. A big one around here is 805. I think it's horrible to be honest. Which really sucks too because Firestone has some great beers

Man a good Mexican beer with lime is perfect for the beach/pool/lake. Carta Blanca has been one that I drank down in Texas all the time. Get the small limes too and cut those up.

Mexican restaurants around me has Dos Equis Ambar with limes. 32 oz mug a focking midget could swim in. Delicious.

The problem isn't IPAs per se, it's session IPAs. A big one around here is 805. I think it's horrible to be honest. Which really sucks too because Firestone has some great beers

I like session IPAs, favorite is Two Roads (CT) they have a ton of good stuff

Mexican restaurants around me has Dos Equis Ambar with limes. 32 oz mug a focking midget could swim in. Delicious.

I haven't tried the Dos Equis Amber beer before but the way you talk it must be pretty good. I'll have to give it a try

• Like 1

I haven't tried the Dos Equis Amber beer before but the way you talk it must be pretty good. I'll have to give it a try

Dos Equis Amber isn't too bad. A little bland, but in terms of Mexican beers, I think it's a solid selection. I like it better in bottle more than draft surprisingly.

It's up there with Molsen and Michelob not light, get the heavy

I like my beer like I like my women. Dark and full bodied.

Guinness, Newcastle, etc.

Sure you couldn't use a Colt 45? Maybe a Schlitz Maltie?