Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I got canned yesterday

The company I worked for laid me off. They just did not have any job orders. The only people that are left are their immediate indian family members.

I do not even care at all. In the 3 years i was there I was able to develop a marketable skill. Along with my 2 years in manufacturing my resume looks strong and stretches across multiple industries.

They were super nice about it. Just said that they could not afford to keep me. They can't get the requirements in for me to fill.

They gave me what amounts to 5500 take home till oct 3rd and I can file for unemployment if I need to.

Thattttt being said. I got laid off at 2pm and had a phone interview set up at 430 which turned into an in person next thursday.

Ifffff I play it right and get hired quick enough. I could use my severance as a bonus. Double dip for a little while.

Also. I have not discounted starting my own business. I could do better than they did on less margin which is more attractive to employers.

I know. I know. Rats ass.

The company I worked for laid me off. They just did not have any job orders. The only people that are left are their immediate indian family members.

I do not even care at all. In the 3 years i was there I was able to develop a marketable skill. Along with my 2 years in manufacturing my resume looks strong and stretches across multiple industries.

They were super nice about it. Just said that they could not afford to keep me. They can't get the requirements in for me to fill.

They gave me what amounts to 5500 take home till oct 3rd and I can file for unemployment if I need to.

Thattttt being said. I got laid off at 2pm and had a phone interview set up at 430 which turned into an in person next thursday.

Ifffff I play it right and get hired quick enough. I could use my severance as a bonus. Double dip for a little while.

Also. I have not discounted starting my own business. I could do better than they did on less margin which is more attractive to employers.

Are you the guy that had no real job for alot of your adult life and one day got determined to be successful? Good for you. You got a good attitude for just being sh!tcanned.

Way to be looking forward. Turn it up quickly after what is bad news.

Are you the guy that had no real job for alot of your adult life and one day got determined to be successful? Good for you. You got a good attitude for just being sh!tcanned.

I am. Had a son and it lit a fire in me I never knew I had. Ty.Even though it is not the best feeling being unemployed the economy is great and I feel confident I can find something rather quick. If I were just canned with no income I would be in a panic. The severance makes it easier to have a rosier outlook.

Good luck. The market is good for job searching

Are all 7-11's in tough shape? :unsure:

I'll take Things a Tuna might say for $500, Alex...

:first:

good luck Kilroy, you'll be fine, stay after it.

You'll wonder why you didn't leave long ago. You should have all kinds of opportunities in this job market.

Wishing you the best.

If you take the new job, how will you be double dipping?

I get paid till october 3rd. If i get hired next week I will be getting 2 paychecks at once for a short time.

I get paid till october 3rd. If i get hired next week I will be getting 2 paychecks at once for a short time.

Oh, I thought that phrase meant something different. Either way, hope you find a new job you like as much or better than the old one. :thumbsup:

I have 3 interviews next week. One with a small agency for the same amount of pay. The other with a google subcontractor offering 40 an hour on 1099. I am gonna push for 45. Which would leave me around 60k takehome and its remote. And finally one with a larger staffing agency out of philly. Also remote. I turned my LinkedIn alert to being open to new jobs. Applied to a ton of jobs and each day I post on linkedin something funny about hiring me. Seems to be getting a good response.

Being canned might be profitable for me.

If you can do it, if you can either afford insurance on your own or don't have anyone needing you to provide it, start your own biz man. I know I would. If my kids didn't need insurance I would have done it long ago.