Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Can the economy be too strong?

We are Americans. Enough is not in our cultural vocabulary. There is just more.

Its kind of the double edged sword of our makeup. On the one hand, it has spurred us to always do better. Faster. Bigger. On the one hand, we are never satisfied and never very happy.

Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.

Its like pretty much anything. Some is good. But there is a point at which it becomes harmful.

The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own.

The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own.

Just prior to President Obama's 2014 State of the Union Address, media reported that the top wealthiest 1% possess 40% of the nation’s wealth;

Obama was the President of the rich.

Just prior to President Obama's 2014 State of the Union Address, media reported that the top wealthiest 1% possess 40% of the nations wealth;

Obama was the President of the rich.

I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing.