Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Has anyone ever..........

actually finished a Chap Stick from start to finish? As in used it all the way through without outright losing it or putting it in the washer and/or dryer?

I don't think it's ever been done.

Do we have any anomalies here at the Geek Club?

Nope. It either gets lost, or ends up in the wash.

I wonder how many half used Chap Sticks are laying right now in America......... in-between couch cushions, under car seats, behind furniture, in the yard, etc.

A million? 10 million?

Never use the stuff. I try to stay plenty hydrated and hate the feeling of having that stuff on. much like sunscreen, etc.

I don't believe you.

It isn't that difficult...

I use like three of them... One I keep at work on my desk, one at home on my dresser and the other I keep in the car... I never lose them because they always go back in the same place and I never take them anywhere by putting them in my pocket...

I have a Chapstick like product that was given out with a company logo in my work backpack. Can't see ever finishing it off.

I usually use those little round container ones that you stick your finger in it. Sometimes use the little squeeze tube that I keep in my car. I think that I have made the end of each of those before. :dunno:

When I was a kid, I did framing for a couple years. In the winter time, I used to always carry 2. 1 for my lips, the other for my nose. I'm not afraid to say, i'd shove that some b!tch up my nose and it worked awesome.

After a while, i always lost them both though.

I usually use those little round container ones that you stick your finger in it.

I use the Carmex ones...

I use the Carmex ones...

I use something that is in a pink container. I think that Carmex is white with a yellow cover. I just use whatever my wife puts in my stocking for X-mas. Easy thing for her to buy.

Yea, only the one that sits on my desk at work. All others get lost.

Or got to the end of their deoderant stick without it falling out and crumbling on the floor.

Im looking at you speed stick anti perspirant

I use the Carmex ones...

Yeah, I like Carmex too. Burts bees is ok too. Someone gave my girlfriend some of those and I stole one.

But to the op, no, Ive never finished one. They always wander off first.

Kind of like a cigarette lighter. Ive owned thousands of them. Probably had them run out of fluid on me less than ten times ever.

Or got to the end of their deoderant stick without it falling out and crumbling on the floor.

Im looking at you speed stick anti perspirant

Never had that issue either... Maybe because I use aerosol cans instead of sticks...

Blistex medicated in the white tube. Stuff is like a drug for me in the winter. Not so much this time of year though.

• Like 1

Never had that issue either... Maybe because I use aerosol cans instead of sticks...

I use the soft sticks that comes out through the little holes. I actually finish them.

I bring six or so sticks back every year, as they dont sell deodorant much in china. Im getting low, hope I make it till July.

I use the soft sticks that comes out through the little holes. I actually finish them.

I bring six or so sticks back every year, as they dont sell deodorant much in china. Im getting low, hope I make it till July.

Wow, it's gotta smell nice over there.

To the OP, I never use chapstick. No need. Maybe because I drink so much water?

When I was a kid, I did framing for a couple years. In the winter time, I used to always carry 2. 1 for my lips, the other for my nose. I'm not afraid to say, i'd shove that some b!tch up my nose and it worked awesome.

After a while, i always lost them both though.

What good does shoving a chapstick up your nose do?

actually finished a Chap Stick from start to finish? As in used it all the way through without outright losing it or putting it in the washer and/or dryer?

I don't think it's ever been done.

Do we have any anomalies here at the Geek Club?

many times. sorry.

I would say I am batting below the mendoza line, but I have done it

The lady gets me 2 boxes chapstick (amazon) every Xmas. (I think it's 12 per box)

I never make the next XMas with any left.

Wow, it's gotta smell nice over there.

To the OP, I never use chapstick. No need. Maybe because I drink so much water?

I heard that a lot of Asians don't carry the gene that causes body odor. Could be why its common not to use deodorant? I don't know, probably was a bunch of BS.

I heard that a lot of Asians don't carry the gene that causes body odor. Could be why its common not to use deodorant? I don't know, probably was a bunch of BS.

Did your source discuss the third muscle?

Did your source discuss the third muscle?

I found it. The gene is called ABCC11. Apparently a lot of Eastern Asians specifically Koreans don't carry this gene.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABCC11

According to a LiveScience article from 2013, scientists discovered there was actually a gene called ABCC11, which determines if a person is smelly or not. Those who produce a dry version of earwax apparently also lack the same bacteria that festers in underarms and causes odor. Huh. The reasoning, this Guardian article explains, was because those who produce dry earwax also don’t produce the protein that transports sweat out of pores in our armpits, which attracts bacteria that cause body odor.

“While only 2-percent of Europeans lack the genes for smelly armpits, most East Asians and almost all Koreans lack this gene,” an expert named Ian Day, a genetic epidemiologist at the University of Bristol, told the publication

I found it. The gene is called ABCC11. Apparently a lot of Eastern Asians specifically Koreans don't carry this gene.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABCC11

According to a LiveScience article from 2013, scientists discovered there was actually a gene called ABCC11, which determines if a person is smelly or not. Those who produce a dry version of earwax apparently also lack the same bacteria that festers in underarms and causes odor. Huh. The reasoning, this Guardian article explains, was because those who produce dry earwax also don’t produce the protein that transports sweat out of pores in our armpits, which attracts bacteria that cause body odor.

“While only 2-percent of Europeans lack the genes for smelly armpits, most East Asians and almost all Koreans lack this gene,” an expert named Ian Day, a genetic epidemiologist at the University of Bristol, told the publication

Wow, something to make Korean women even sexier.

Wow, something to make Korean women even sexier.

see my sig.

Never purposefully used chap stick in my life other than to taste it. Never needed it, don’t know why anyone would.

Posty I believe methodically uses every spec of it, that’s not unbelievable at all. In fact I can’t imagine it any other way.

I think that myth is right up there with Asian vaginas being sideways.

Never purposefully used chap stick in my life other than to taste it. Never needed it, don’t know why anyone would.

:rolleyes:

Makes a great starter butt plug. You know, until you're ready to move up to the Silver Bullet. At this point, I'm full on Foster's mate.

Thats what they say. And they generally dont. But you do often run into one of the exceptions.

Since they sell it in Panzhihua, they must sell it everywhere. Not even Walmart, just some focking generic supermarket with the name only in Chinese. It is harder to find though as selection is way down.

Since they sell it in Panzhihua, they must sell it everywhere. Not even Walmart, just some focking generic supermarket with the name only in Chinese. It is harder to find though as selection is way down.

Yeah, they have some sh!tty Chinese kind. I meant a decent brand.