Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Julio Jones out for season foot injury

First Shane Vareen and Amenola

Then S-Jax

Now Julio and Owen Daniels

I'm cursed :thumbsdown:

Who are you picking up?

I want to make sure that I don't grab them, Schleprock.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/272429/report-atl-fears-julio-jones-done-for-season

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Falcons "fear" Julio Jones will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Per Glazer, the Falcons' "initial determination" is that Jones is done, but are waiting for him to get a second opinion on Wednesday. They are "not optimistic," however. It's a crushing blow to a team that was already on the brink, and an absolute shame for a player who is second in the NFL in receiving through five weeks with 580 yards. If Jones is indeed done, it leaves the Falcons with a breaking down Roddy White and Harry Douglas at receiver. For all intents and purposes, their season is over. Fantasy owners can pounce on Douglas, but are best off looking elsewhere to "replace" their irreplaceable No. 1 receiver.

Harry Douglas is the add?

The Falcons season is done. Douglas will get a LOT of looks now, but outside of Gonzo and a healthy White... I am not sure anyone on that team is worth a look right now. Ryan is going to see a LOT of blitzes this point forward.

The Falcons season just went in the tank. Harrry Douglas and Drew Davis should see increased targets moving forward. This isn't good news for Matt Ryan owners either.

• Like 1

:(

Just traded for Peyton Manning in dynasty and I have Jones.

:(

Focked now

I just traded him last week too. Wow, thank god :doublethumbsup:

I was five minutes away from accepting a trade for Julio, got the alert, dodged a bullet. :overhead:

Sucks. I'd say Harry Douglas is the one to get.

Money

Man, there are going to be Julio owners on ledges around the country. Matt Ryan owners will be crying in their beer too.

So now teams can stop worrying about double teaming a Falcon WR and play man coverage. With the Atlanta O-Line resembling swiss cheese at this point, downgrade the running game too.

The Falcons could/should be in talks with the Browns for Josh Gordon, but the alleged 2nd round pick the Browns are asking for could be a deterrent.

Man, there are going to be Julio owners on ledges around the country. Matt Ryan owners will be crying in their beer too.

So now teams can stop worrying about double teaming a Falcon WR and play man coverage. With the Atlanta O-Line resembling swiss cheese at this point, downgrade the running game too.

How much further down can you downgrade that running game?

• Like 1

Tony Gonzales's value just skyrocketed!

I see the opposite to be honest.. Now, if Roddy can actually get healthy then I might agree.

Until Roddy gets healthy defenses will double and triple team Gonzo.

• Like 1

If I'm the Falcons I'm trading for Josh Gordon ASAP. Dump Roddy next year and have a 1-2 punch of Julio & Gordon. Talk about lethal.

WTF? Not what I was expecting to see when I logged on a couple of minutes ago. This is horrible for my ff team. Fock

That's a dirty offer.

I was actually thinking about doing the same:) Sneaky owner vs an unknowing owner more likely:) Why not?

Fortunately, my season is already over, seeing as I keep facing everyone's monster week. This is just the final blow. Thank you......thank you for finally killing my barely alive season.

I see the opposite to be honest.. Now, if Roddy can actually get healthy then I might agree.

Until Roddy gets healthy defenses will double and triple team Gonzo.

Can't do that in the middle of the field...but in the redzone I agree...watch those goalline plays last night...the Jets were all over Tony G and just mugging him any time they were at the GL.

The Falcons could/should be in talks with the Browns for Josh Gordon, but the alleged 2nd round pick the Browns are asking for could be a deterrent.

I never understand why teams won't give up a 2nd rounder for one of the bright young WR in the game.

The NFL draft is full of bust. I can understand a first rounder...but 2nd rounder should be more than enough.

I never understand why teams won't give up a 2nd rounder for one of the bright young WR in the game.

The NFL draft is full of bust. I can understand a first rounder...but 2nd rounder should be more than enough.

Dude is a hair's breath from a one year suspension. That's why.

The Julio owner in one of my leagues is the Peyton owner who also has Rivers. I'm hoping he doesn't see this news until he trades me Rivers or else he might be trying to deal him for a WR1.

:pleasedearbabyJesus:

Um,

Sirius is reporting he's getting a 2nd opinion on his foot on Wed, nothing official yet.

BabyJesus if you're out there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/272429/report-atl-fears-julio-jones-done-for-season

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Falcons "fear" Julio Jones will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Per Glazer, the Falcons' "initial determination" is that Jones is done, but are waiting for him to get a second opinion on Wednesday. They are "not optimistic," however. It's a crushing blow to a team that was already on the brink, and an absolute shame for a player who is second in the NFL in receiving through five weeks with 580 yards. If Jones is indeed done, it leaves the Falcons with a breaking down Roddy White and Harry Douglas at receiver. For all intents and purposes, their season is over. Fantasy owners can pounce on Douglas, but are best off looking elsewhere to "replace" their irreplaceable No. 1 receiver.

He is seeking a 2nd opinion...so there is hope. :wall: I have him and Matt Ryan in my undefeated 2QB league.

Dude is a hair's breath from a one year suspension. That's why.

And HE WILL FIND TROUBLE IN Atlanta.

Um,

Sirius is reporting he's getting a 2nd opinion on his foot on Wed, nothing official yet.

BabyJesus is you're out there.

best post in this thread.