Sign in to follow this  
Vanillarainstorm

What is a suitable deal to offer for Addai?

Is a guy like Chris Johnson a good starting point?

I'm thinking it's too early for teams to be willing to trade their top picks, but the guy is 0-2.

Has anyone else tried making a deal for Addai?

I wouldn't offer much for Addai but then again it may be too soon to try and bid low for someone's bust of a 1st rounder.

I think that's the sticking point right there. People who drafted him in the first round don't want to give up on their #1 pick too early. People looking to trade for him don't want to give up too much because his performance hasn't warranted it.

The Colts just have so many issues right now... I would be exceptionally nervous about giving up what an Addai owner would want for him, unless the Addai owner in your league is really, really freaking out.

Is a guy like Chris Johnson a good starting point?

I'm thinking it's too early for teams to be willing to trade their top picks, but the guy is 0-2.

Has anyone else tried making a deal for Addai?

I think that's too low but you never know with a panicked owner, I would probably think something along the lines of Brandon Jacobs, but I'm a Jacobs owner and I'm not sure I give him up right now for Addai, I think an RB2 that has preformed would be your best bet for grabbing someones 1st round bust. Addai could be a huge value though, he's been running with a busted line against 2 of the top 5 (probably 2 of the top 3) run stopping D's in the league. What's the ETA on a healthy line for indy? or alteast Saturday getting back in there?

I think that's the sticking point right there. People who drafted him in the first round don't want to give up on their #1 pick too early. People looking to trade for him don't want to give up too much because his performance hasn't warranted it.

The Colts just have so many issues right now... I would be exceptionally nervous about giving up what an Addai owner would want for him, unless the Addai owner in your league is really, really freaking out.

Exactly. You always need to consider how attached someone is to their players. Everybody always thinks their team is the best. Everyone thinks their under-performing players will bounce back. Will Chris Johnson have a better year than Joseph Addai? That's entirely possible. The problem is people aren't going to trade their first round pick for "some scrub sharing carries, who you drafted in round 10". People would rather ride a guy to last place than give him up for some flash in the pan. By the time they actually figure out player X isn't going to bounce back, they're out of playoff contention. As crazy as it sounds, you would have an easier time trading a guy like Steven Jackson or Braylon Edwards for Addai, than a guy like Chris Johnson.

Interesting thread.

I have Addai in a redraft and a keeper league and the trade offers so far have been ridiculous. No, I won't trade my #1 pick for the equally underachieving Braylon Edwards. I won't consider a 2 for 1 of Fargas and Curry. And I certainly won't accept a QB in trade when I already have 4 QB's.

Sometimes I wonder if traders even look at my team before they make an offer.

I hope I didn't make a mistake but I traded Lynch for Addai and Scheffler.

I may not gets the same points right now but Addai's playoff weeks look very inticing. Browns, Bengals, Lions.

I was offered Megatron for him and didnt take it. Its a .5 per reception league. I also have McFadden and Thomas Jones in that league and am wondering if I made a mistake by not accepting it. :dunno:

I hope I didn't make a mistake but I traded Lynch for Addai and Scheffler.

I may not gets the same points right now but Addai's playoff weeks look very inticing. Browns, Bengals, Lions.

I think that was a good trade. Scheffler is a good TD catching tight end and it's just a matter of time before Indy get's their sh*t together and starts scoring. Are you in a PPR league?

I tried to trade for Addai yesterday....Background, guy has lowest total points in the league, terrible WR (gage, matt jones, lav coles)...I tried Kevin Smith & Chad Johnson so he could at least have 2 producing players...didnt work. I thought it was reasonable.

I tried to trade for Addai yesterday....Background, guy has lowest total points in the league, terrible WR (gage, matt jones, lav coles)...I tried Kevin Smith & Chad Johnson so he could at least have 2 producing players...didnt work. I thought it was reasonable.

As an Addai owner, that offer would piss me off. The Bengals are terrible, neither one of those guys is really an upgrade.

I am looking to aquire Addai as well but many of you fail to look at the owners team and record before offering them a trade. If the Addai owner has any foresight, he can see Addai's playoff schedule as well. He knows people won't him so he not to the point of a firesale yet.

I would suggest waiting two weeks to have the owner get really steamed about Addai. He plays Jacksonville this week, which if history is any indicator he will struggle. He's averaging about 6.0 points/game against them. :dunno: He follows that up with a bye week so this owner will go 4 weeks and Addai will not have helped the team much.

RB J. Addai Dec 2 07 IND(h) W 28-25 - - - - - - 21 67 3.19 0 - - - - 6.7

RB J. Addai Oct 22 07 IND(a) W 29-7 - - - - - - 16 85 5.31 0 4 22 5.50 0 10.7

RB J. Addai Dec 10 06 IND(a) L 17-44 - - - - - - 11 22 2.00 0 1 14 14.00 0 3.6

RB J. Addai Sep 24 06 IND(h) W 21-14 - - - - - - 3 15 5.00 0 3 13 4.33 0 2.8

I have Addai and I offered the Tom Brady owner Addai and Kitna for Frank Gore (he didn't want Warner). He has Cassel Campbell, Edwards and he's seriously considering it. I have Warner and Cutler also. My other RBs suck.... LJ, J Lewis, K Smith, Ricky Williams

I am an Addai owner in 2 leagues and I am trying to acquire him in 3 others. Lets keep all the talk about easy playoff schedule, a banged up oline, playing 2 of the top 3 run Ds and the fact that Peyton did not practice for the last 6 weeks quiet. All these things are why Addai is off to a slow start but he and Indy will bounce back. I think right now is a great time to grab Addai, Wayne, Harrison if you can. The ultimate buy low. As an Addai owner none of the offers I have seen so far would get me to trade Addai! I believe he will still be a top 8 RB this year and should have a great final 2/3 of a season. The only way I would trade him is if I was hurting at another position, say QB or WR. If I needed a QB I might trade him for say Cutler/Bush (ppr league only) maybe but I would have to really think about it.

I'm an 0-2 addai owner but have depth (chris johnson, r.bush, mcfadden) in a ppr league so i will sell low along with a 3rd tier wr in return for a stud WR (eg. t.o., fitz, etc).