Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Legalizing Pot

I dont agree with it. I have been to california where people spend all day stoned. Its pretty sad imo. I dont want my kids growing up thinking its ok to be stoned all day.

The people that i know who smoke pot on the regular spend most of the free time high.

Does this seem unreasonable?

It's not cool to be drunk all day every day, either.

It's also not cool to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day.

It ain't cool to eat nothing but junk food either.

Or to just sit around on your fat ass watching TV all day.

But all that stuff is legal. So why should pot be illegal because you don't think people should smoke it?

But, I do think hard drugs (meth, heroin, etc) should remain illegal. Contradictory, I know

I dont agree with it. I have been to california where people spend all day stoned. Its pretty sad imo. I dont want my kids growing up thinking its ok to be stoned all day.

The people that i know who smoke pot on the regular spend most of the free time high.

People who are going to smoke weed all day are going to do so regardless of it being legal. Legalizing it takes the money away from the dealers and into the economy as well as creates jobs. Pot is no worse than booze actually its not as bad as booze - as when you are high you are much less likely to get into a violent situation than you are drinking. I actually think Pot and MDMA should both be legal. X was my favorite "drug" back in the day not anymore because it's tough to find "good" X these days. Both Weed and X are not very addictive at least Physically and both are a ton better than drinking IMO. Legalizing weed has a lot more pros than cons for the country.

• Like 1

I smoke every single day. I have since I was 19. I hold down a full time job, have a family and have ZERO moving violations or accidents in the last 10 years.

People who are going to smoke weed all day are going to do so regardless of it being legal. Legalizing it takes the money away from the dealers and into the economy as well as creates jobs. Pot is no worse than booze actually its not as bad as booze - as when you are high you are much less likely to get into a violent situation than you are drinking. I actually think Pot and MDMA should both be legal. X was my favorite "drug" back in the day not anymore because it's tough to find "good" X these days. Both Weed and X are not very addictive at least Physically and both are a ton better than drinking IMO. Legalizing weed has a lot more pros than cons for the country.

Pot may not be physically addictive, but is still extremely addictive.

The biggest difference in alcohol and pot is that most who drink alcohol do it away from work/ever day goings on. Like i said when i went to cali there were people who were high at their job. There is no test to determine if someone is under the influence of pot, just if they have used it in the past.

I go back and forth. I am not as anti pot as most who are against it, i would just be extremely disappointed if i had kids that went through life high because it was legal, like it seems people in cali do. Just kind of depressing that some cant not be high. I think if its legal there will be a larger percentage of users who are under the influence all day, as opposed to those of us who drink and arent under the influence all day.

It's not cool to be drunk all day every day, either.

It's also not cool to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day.

It ain't cool to eat nothing but junk food either.

Or to just sit around on your fat ass watching TV all day.

But all that stuff is legal. So why should pot be illegal because you don't think people should smoke it?

But, I do think hard drugs (meth, heroin, etc) should remain illegal. Contradictory, I know

Agreed, though I think hard drugs should be legal, too.

Stoners are lazy, shifty, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society.

Why?

People (adults) should be able to make stupid decisions, as long as they are only harming themselves. Money saved on law enforcement can be shunted to rehab efforts.

Pot should have the same status as alcohol, legal with age restrictions and penalties for being stoned in public, while driving, at work, etc.

People (adults) should be able to make stupid decisions, as long as they are only harming themselves. Money saved on law enforcement can be shunted to rehab efforts.

Yeah but the problem with hard core drugs is that it makes people do things to others.

I think the % of people who smoke pot all day long would remain fairly consistent even if pot were legalized everywhere. Keeping it illegal just creates a criminal element around it and wastes millions of taxpayer dollars via the legal system. Prohibition has never worked.

Stoners are lazy, shifty, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society.

The Stoners THAT YOU KNOW may be lazy, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society. BUT I imagine ALL the people that you know are lazy, shifty, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society.

It's funny you believe this because most people think ghey men are lazy, shifty, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society.

Legalizing pot is not gonna cause people to stay stoned all day long. As you've read in this thred, many decent, honest and hardworking people occasionally enjoy the mild high that pot produces.

But it doesn't bother me that you are so uninformed on the subject. You are uninformed about 98% of all your opinions that you share here.

Now go back to sleep.

You can make the same argument for alcohol.

No you cant. You cant compare alcohol to heroin or meth or coke. You cant just socially consume those drugs. Once you consume them they consume you. Anyone who thinks they are comparable is delusional.

The Stoners THAT YOU KNOW may be lazy, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society. BUT I imagine ALL the people that you know are lazy, shifty, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society.

It's funny you believe this because most people think ghey men are lazy, shifty, smelly people that are of no practical use in todays society.

Legalizing pot is not gonna cause people to stay stoned all day long. As you've read in this thred, many decent, honest and hardworking people occasionally enjoy the mild high that pot produces.

But it doesn't bother me that you are so uninformed on the subject. You are uninformed about 98% of all your opinions that you share here.

Now go back to sleep.

Who are you? I dont even remember seeing your handle before so how do you know my level of informed.

I guess all the people i saw stoned on the job in cali dont count huh?

Who are you? I dont even remember seeing your handle before so how do you know my level of informed.

That was a response to Sux, not you. HTH

It's not legal in CA- yet. Pot is pretty tame compared to other drugs. I'm for medical pot which is legal here for there are folks who only get real relief from their pain from it. It's not for me to judge. I prefer not to use it but compared to alcohol, it's pretty tame. Kids will do what they want to do legal or not. Choking is a big craze now. Just saw a movie on it with stats at the end. We're not talking about hanging yourself. We're talking about choking yourself with your own hands with or without someone there. So many deaths from this. If I had a kid who was going to do something anyway no matter what behind my back, I'd vote for pot over everything that can get you high. Then there was bath salts craze not long ago. WTF. Before that, glue. There will always be something fabricated so might as well go with something that is more natural high and well known and used than these other routes if you are going to dabble.

Also if you've raised your kids right, chances are they won't dabble. In high school my school was full of stoners. The school was buried in trees (this is WA state) and so very easy to go do your thing out there. It got so bad that after I graduated, they chopped down the trees! I never touched the stuff despite the peer pressure to drink and do drugs in order to be cool. I was raised better than that and didn't feel I needed to escape anything even though life was not "perfect."

And where in CA were you that you saw kids stoned all day? I'm sure in every state including UT you can find an area where this seems to be the case.

That was a response to Sux, not you. HTH

:doh:

I am in the emergency room getting my brain scanned. It may be a good excuse for my stupidity. Maybe.

Pot may not be physically addictive, but is still extremely addictive.

The biggest difference in alcohol and pot is that most who drink alcohol do it away from work/ever day goings on. Like i said when i went to cali there were people who were high at their job. There is no test to determine if someone is under the influence of pot, just if they have used it in the past.

I go back and forth. I am not as anti pot as most who are against it, i would just be extremely disappointed if i had kids that went through life high because it was legal, like it seems people in cali do. Just kind of depressing that some cant not be high. I think if its legal there will be a larger percentage of users who are under the influence all day, as opposed to those of us who drink and arent under the influence all day.

Actually if they do drug testing in the work place, THC would show up in the urine test. And what's with your thing with Cali, again? Like this is the only state in the entire country where you may find a worker high at work and teens stoned all day. Not where I live....

Its the only state i have been to where pot is legal and widely used. I live in IL so its not legal yet.

THC shows up in a urine test from a week ago. There is no test to determine if someone is on it at that moment. Of course narcotics are legal with a scrip and cannot be detected as currently under the influence.

Like i said im not a die hard anti pot guy, i have smoked it myself. I am just stating why i think it shouldnt be legal.

He's nobody of consequence. Just another member of my fan club.

Its the only state i have been to where pot is legal and widely used. I live in IL so its not legal yet.

THC shows up in a urine test from a week ago. There is no test to determine if someone is on it at that moment. Of course narcotics are legal with a scrip and cannot be detected as currently under the influence.

Like i said im not a die hard anti pot guy, i have smoked it myself. I am just stating why i think it shouldnt be legal.

Pot is not legal here for the general public in CA. Only WA state and CO are right now. It's only medical pot that is. I don't see teens getting pot this way, they are getting it off the streets. I also agree with an above poster that make it legal, and it creates jobs and helps the economy- and helps put the street dealers out of biz. Folks are going to smoke it however they can get it if they want to. Being you don't read someone killed or injured someone while high on pot, it makes sense to just do away with it being illegal. Now alcohol.... well we do read many many tales of folks being killed and not just with the auto because someone was drunk. That to me should make alcohol illegal, which it used to be decades ago.

No you cant. You cant compare alcohol to heroin or meth or coke. You cant just socially consume those drugs. Once you consume them they consume you. Anyone who thinks they are comparable is delusional.

I can't comment on heroin, but you can do coke or meth on a random Friday and still function in society just fine that evening. Obviously if you get addicted, the game changes. Similar to if someone that has a few drinks on a random Friday becomes an alcoholic.

I cant believe alcohol is being compared to meth, one of the most addictive substances ever created.

Try doing meth socially and get back to me on why it should be legal. Have your kid start doing it and see how well their life goes.

Pot is not legal here for the general public in CA. Only WA state and CO are right now. It's only medical pot that is.

Med pot in Cali is kind of a joke, you can pretty

Much go into any shop and have a 'dr' give you a 'prescription'.

Your argument was those drugs make one do things to other people. :dunno:

I will just say this...I feel far safer around a person who is stoned rather than drunk. I dont smoke but when I was kid I did like everyone else. Iv been high plenty of times and drunk plenty of times. Id rather be in a car with someone who is high rather than drunk. Id rather my GF get high rather than drunk. Alcoholism is an addiction that tears apart families and destroys lives left and right. smoking weed...gives you the munchies and can make you lazy or mellow? Not too many rehab centers for weed and the people that do go for that are just doing some public relations nonsense, theres no such thing as weed addiction. Weed helps an uncountable number of sick peope and random ailments. Drinking just causes crashes, fights, arrests etc. Not saying drinking should be illegal, its obviously fine in moderation and plenty of people can drink and party with no problems. but if we compare the negatives and worst case scenarios to doing both, drinking is far worse than smoking weed.

I cant believe alcohol is being compared to meth, one of the most addictive substances ever created.

Try doing meth socially and get back to me on why it should be legal. Have your kid start doing it and see how well their life goes.

Meth may be more addictive, but alcohol isn't exactly a benign recreational drug. Its addictive potential is similar to many "hard" drugs. And nicotine has addictive potential comparable to amphetamines.

But I'm not really concerned about which drugs are most addictive. Or which drugs pose the most physical harm to the user. As I said, adults can make their own stupid decisions. But drugs with potential for promoting harm of nonusers are more problematic, of which alcohol is one of the worst. There is an interesting chart in this link which attempts to rank many drugs of abuse: http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/files/Drug-Rankings-by-Harm.pdf

I'll admit the methodology is imprecise, but I agree that alcohol is far more harmful than its legal status suggests. I think if we were reconsidering legality based on societal harm, absent cultural norms and financial pressure, alcohol might be illegal, too.

I've done meth, and been social on it...around people that weren't doing it.

I'm not claiming meth is innocent or safe by any means. But I would rather drive on meth than drive while sloppy drunk.

Drugs and alcohol are the same. In small amounts they are fine. In large amounts you can't function. If you get addicted, you are focked.

I know a lot of productive hard working people that smoke weed,in fact a lot of them own their own businesses.

I've done meth, and been social on it...around people that weren't doing it.

Why did you try meth? Were you aware of its dangers/addiction potential before you used it?

Drugs like Cocaine and the different variants of it like crack etc. , Heroin, Meth, etc should be illegal as they are so highly addictive and contribute to a persons destruction drastically. Drugs like Weed , MDMA, and LSD should be legal as long as they are not used in public and subject to the same laws while driving as booze. Weed is like drinking but instead of being hostile you are happy, MDMA just makes you happy as fock and you enjoy everything 10X as much , LSD some of the smartest people around have taken LSD for creativity. To be honest I would outlaw drinking over any of these drugs. Think of the jobs it would create and the added money into the economy if nothing else.

When I was in college if i could get some X I never drank I just had that and had a great time and no hang over. Like I said earlier it's tough to find anymore and when you do it's either not X or it's so cut you hardly get anything from it.

Basically IMO only the hard drugs that are highly physically addictive should be banned. The ones that aren't should be legal.

Why did you try meth? Were you aware of its dangers/addiction potential before you used it?

It was college. And I was tricked! My buddy told me it was coke. Obviously within 5 seconds i knew something was up. But then we had fun and it was no big deal. After that, we likely did it 10-15 times total. It was a weekend thing. No big deal.

Now obviously if we had went a different route with it and problems had come of it, I would feel differently. But the same could be said of alcohol in my opinion.

Drugs like Cocaine and the different variants of it like crack etc. , Heroin, Meth, etc should be illegal as they are so highly addictive and contribute to a persons destruction drastically. Drugs like Weed , MDMA, and LSD should be legal as long as they are not used in public and subject to the same laws while driving as booze. Weed is like drinking but instead of being hostile you are happy, MDMA just makes you happy as fock and you enjoy everything 10X as much , LSD some of the smartest people around have taken LSD for creativity. To be honest I would outlaw drinking over any of these drugs. Think of the jobs it would create and the added money into the economy if nothing else.

When I was in college if i could get some X I never drank I just had that and had a great time and no hang over. Like I said earlier it's tough to find anymore and when you do it's either not X or it's so cut you hardly get anything from it.

Basically IMO only the hard drugs that are highly physically addictive should be banned. The ones that aren't should be legal.

In terms of principle, I think all drugs should be legal. But if you are asking me what I think is actually for the best, i would agree that heroin/meth/crack/etc should be illegal.

The real question to him is...Are you foxing stupid?!!!

In terms of principle, I think all drugs should be legal. But if you are asking me what I think is actually for the best, i would agree that heroin/meth/crack/etc should be illegal.

I would be happy if they just legalized X ... :lol: that is and was by far my drug of choice. I just can't find the sh!t anymore :(

Med pot in Cali is kind of a joke, you can pretty

Much go into any shop and have a 'dr' give you a 'prescription'.

It's a joke everywhere…prefer it be legalized so we can drop the medicinal MJ charade.

I agree with much of what you wrote. If we are going to make anything illegal, it should be the substances that pose the most harm - heroin, meth, cocaine, AND alcohol.

Addiction alone doesn't cut it in my book though - nicotine is among the most addictive drugs we use.

It was college. And I was tricked! My buddy told me it was coke. Obviously within 5 seconds i knew something was up. But then we had fun and it was no big deal. After that, we likely did it 10-15 times total. It was a weekend thing. No big deal.

Now obviously if we had went a different route with it and problems had come of it, I would feel differently. But the same could be said of alcohol in my opinion.

The same could be said about alcohol, though the potential is higher with meth. It is a calculated risk, of course, but I've always wondered how informed the average meth/cocaine/alcohol user is before they indulge.